• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Recruit- Unemployement Question

In summary, a "New Recruit" is someone who has recently been hired and has limited work experience. The length of time a new recruit can receive unemployment benefits varies by state, but it is typically 12-26 weeks. They may also be eligible for benefits if they have a job offer that has not yet started, but this varies by state and may require reporting to the unemployment office. If a new recruit quits or is fired from their new job, they may still be eligible for benefits but must provide a valid reason and may be reviewed by the unemployment office. Whether a new recruit can receive benefits while attending training or education programs depends on the state's regulations and their availability for work.
SusanBP0129
I signed my host from my show on Friday night! Yippee! However, she just informed me that she will be collecting unemployment for 8 weeks, since she was temporarily laid off from her part-tine job.
Does anyone know if she needs to wait those 8 weeks before doing her shows? Will it mess up her unemployment??
:cry: :confused:

no, because being an independent consultant means she is on a 1099 and unemployment is for those who get w-2 from "real jobs"

but to be on unemployment, you have to look for work, interview etc. or else they will stop paying you to search for work...

I believe there's a certain dollar amount they need to stay under for earnings. If they go over that amount, I believe they are no longer eligible for unemployment. I don't know what that amount is, though.

I would tell her to call the unemployment office to get an answer. You do not want to really on the information of others and give her wrong advice. She needs to be sure.

Thanks guys!!
I am going to advise her to call unemployment ASAP.

I just hope she explains to them that signing on as a consultant does not guarantee a consistent paycheck as show sales can vary quite a bit and it may take awhile for her to get a steady booking calendar. Who knows she might even get business or shows from the unemployment personnel!

1. What is a "New Recruit"?

A "New Recruit" refers to an individual who has recently been hired by a company or organization. They are typically new to the workforce and may have limited work experience.

2. How long can a new recruit receive unemployment benefits?

The length of time a new recruit can receive unemployment benefits varies depending on the state. Generally, it can range from 12-26 weeks. However, certain circumstances such as the current COVID-19 pandemic may extend the duration of benefits.

3. Can a new recruit still receive unemployment benefits if they have a job offer but have not started working yet?

It depends on the state's regulations. Some states may allow new recruits to receive benefits if they have a job offer that has not yet started. However, they may be required to report the job offer and potential start date to the unemployment office.

4. What happens if a new recruit quits or is fired from their new job?

If a new recruit quits or is fired from their new job, they may still be eligible for unemployment benefits. However, they will need to provide a valid reason for leaving the job and may be subject to a review by the unemployment office.

5. Can a new recruit receive unemployment benefits while attending training or education programs?

It depends on the state's regulations. Some states may allow new recruits to receive benefits while attending training or education programs, as long as it does not interfere with their availability for work and they are actively seeking employment.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pkd09
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
mscharf
  • cochef
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
cochef
  • cochef