• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

This Should Keep Dh Quiet for Awhile!

not really yielded much in the way of results. So, I think it really comes down to what your goals are for this business.
amy07
DH & I had a "discussion" prior to my leaving for my show. He was bothered about the traveling distance when the confirmed count was pathetic (yeah, I'll admit to that, she only had 1 confirmed:cry: ). The host had tried to bail on me, but when I offerd to do calls with/for her, she changed her mind and the show held:D

Now, my reasoning for going on with the show was this: If I cancel for poor attendance what does that say about me? AND I have had guests tell me 15 would be there and it only be 3, and vice versa. I have also been at a show, where only 1 guest showed up, and I signed her and the host. So I politely let DH know that I did not appreciate his negativity and that I'd see him later.

So, I get there. Tell the host to go round up her neighbors. She has $150 in outside orders. 3 buying guests at the show (1 order was only $8:eek: ) Total show is almost $400, but the best part is we did her online agreement while I was there. She has 2 bookings already (from her show), is going to do an open house, and is traveling in a few weeks to see family so she's sure to round up atleast a catalog show!

Advice: NEVER EVER EVER cancel a show for poor attendance!! If I had, she would've never signed!

oh, and I did host coach her like crazy, and even mailed her invites (40+) for her, so I know she invited plenty. Just a weird situation all around, but look what happened!!:D

nice job! I agree, though I do tell people that I expect at least 5 people to be there. However, I don't think I'd follow through. It just gives them a "have to" goal, which some people need. Congrats on the new recruit! That's awesome!

Nice Job!!!!

That's great! I had the same thing happen but she had no guests show. She signed that night anyway. Now if I could only get her selling. lol

Congrats!

GREAT advice!! That's so cool for you! I needed to hear that because my show on Sunday so far only has 2 confirmed. She does have 3 outside orders. This is the 2nd try at a show because she cancelled for poor attendance back in November. I'm actually kind of in the mood for a smaller show. A potential consultant of mine is coming to observe because she hasn't been to a show in years. That's why I hope there are at least 6 or so people there!!!

That's great about your show, Amy!!

amy07 said:
DH & I had a "discussion" prior to my leaving for my show. He was bothered about the traveling distance when the confirmed count was pathetic (yeah, I'll admit to that, she only had 1 confirmed:cry: ). The host had tried to bail on me, but when I offerd to do calls with/for her, she changed her mind and the show held:D

Now, my reasoning for going on with the show was this: If I cancel for poor attendance what does that say about me? AND I have had guests tell me 15 would be there and it only be 3, and vice versa. I have also been at a show, where only 1 guest showed up, and I signed her and the host. So I politely let DH know that I did not appreciate his negativity and that I'd see him later.

So, I get there. Tell the host to go round up her neighbors. She has $150 in outside orders. 3 buying guests at the show (1 order was only $8:eek: ) Total show is almost $400, but the best part is we did her online agreement while I was there. She has 2 bookings already (from her show), is going to do an open house, and is traveling in a few weeks to see family so she's sure to round up atleast a catalog show!

Advice: NEVER EVER EVER cancel a show for poor attendance!! If I had, she would've never signed!

oh, and I did host coach her like crazy, and even mailed her invites (40+) for her, so I know she invited plenty. Just a weird situation all around, but look what happened!!:D

WAY TO GO AMY!
It's so easy to get discouraged ... but it's a positive attitude like yours that will lead to long term success in this business!:balloon:

Great job, Amy! Thank you for sharing the advice!

For me, smaller shows result in more bookings and potential recruits; the large shows have higher sales but not so many bookings. I love a good mix during the month!

What DID your DH say when you told him?

Way to go! I am glad that the low attendance ended up working in your favor!

That's great! My first couple shows had only 2 folks show up but found that it's not size or quantity that matters but quality. It's funny that you can have a dozen folks there and not everyone buys something and you end up worrying that it'll even qualify but sometimes a couple motivated guests is all you need to have a great show!

Awesome Amy! That is wonderful:)

dianevill said:
Great job, Amy! Thank you for sharing the advice!

For me, smaller shows result in more bookings and potential recruits; the large shows have higher sales but not so many bookings. I love a good mix during the month!

What DID your DH say when you told him?

not too much out of him yet this morning. me thinks he's too busy eating eating his words:D

and honestly, I forogt to put this last night, but this was my first show since Leadership so I was almost thankful for a small crowd so I could try out the interactive show. It went great!

That is amazing. Way to go!

Good for you Amy! that is awesome.
Just wondering how are you convincing hosts to sign if no one is showing up at their party?

Amy - how many do you have signed/qualified in the TPC period?

I want to see your count...you still have until June - I BET you can make it!!!!

Good job, Amy.

That's great Amy! :thumbup: :D

a big WAHOO for Amy!!!I love smaller shows too. Always more bookings for me.

Amy!!! That's awesome! Just another lesson learned doing your PC business.

Great Advice!

Thanks, Jane

amy07 said:
not too much out of him yet this morning. me thinks he's too busy eating eating his words:D

I bet we could make up a good Pampered Chef recipe for that because I know it has happened before to spouses!

Great Job Amy!!! That is fantastic!

janetupnorth said:
I bet we could make up a good Pampered Chef recipe for that because I know it has happened before to spouses!

I'm thinking it would be something like this.......

Crow Ring/Braid Wreath - made with freshly pressed garlic, sour cream base with veggies sliced with UM wrapped in crescent rolls and baked on Large Round Stone. Served on Simple Additions:D :D

That actually sounds kind of good... ;)

So, answer my other question, how are you for TPC in recruiting this year???? How many recruited/qualified in that time frame? I want to see a count in your signature 'cause I think you can make it!!!!

so far for the TPC year I've recruited 10, with 7 qualified right now. 1 went inactive before qualifying so she's out for TPC, and I think 1 may be a kitnapper. So I still have a long way to go. But it is a goal!

amy07 said:
so far for the TPC year I've recruited 10, with 7 qualified right now. 1 went inactive before qualifying so she's out for TPC, and I think 1 may be a kitnapper. So I still have a long way to go. But it is a goal!
Keep at it Amy you Can DO IT! Keep us posted on your progress, success and any tips you care to share along the way!;)

Amy - You are halfway already!!!! You can do it!!!! You are on a great pace!

Amy your Post was the first I read today, and it was so good to read such a positive outcome for your "small turnout"! You appear to have the right attitude, and I'm so glad you shared it here! We really need to accent the positive more.

wow thanks guys!!

Boy when you earn it; he'll be eating his words again....when you have that ring, free supplies, etc;)

DebbieJ said:
a big WAHOO for Amy!!!I love smaller shows too. Always more bookings for me.
Isn't that sort of a catch 22? I want more bookings, but I want the shows I have to be at least $500. It's hard to get shows to that amount if there are only 5 ish people there. I had a show last night with probably 10 guests. Sales were $500 with 11 orders. (Someone combined and two outside.) 5 orders from today's show and it's barely over $200. I actually had more bookings last night. None today. It's a mix for me. It's easier to do a demo at small show and more fun for me, but I like large attendance too.

I would never cancel a show due to attendance! Although I did drive 3 hour round trip for a lady who swore she had 5-8 people coming. Only has 2, didn't even qualify and never answered my phone calls for over 1 month. I finally called her guests and gave them the option of placing individual orders. I ate the shipping too! It just teaches me to not book shows with a driving distance over 30 minutes. I don't normally and host coached the crap out of her!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • finley1991
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
PCJenni
  • Sheila