• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recruiting and the Trip Incentive

I received a call from a Director who had a great idea for a new product line. He pitched it to me and I loved it! He then asked if I wanted to be a part of it and I said YES! I told him I was already selling $25,000 worth of product and I would love to help him get the ball rolling. He said that he would give me a percentage of the profits and I said that would be perfect! So, if you're selling $25,000 in a year you'll be receiving plenty of rewards: higher commission percentages, product incentives, etc...just not the trip. But you'll certainly be rewarded for that level of hard work.About 2% of people
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
I have a stupid question about recruiting and how it pertains to the trip incentive of 2008:

As a consultant, if I want to attain ANY level of the incentive program, I must recruit at least one person, right?

And I get 2,000 points for every person I recruit, correct?

So ... If I have just ONE recruit ... do I have to sell $23,000 in product? Or $21,000, since I got 2,000 points for a recruit?

21,000...pretty do-able, eh? :)

You would need to sell $21,000 if you had a recruit. You get the 2000 points after the recruit qualifies (if they qualify before going inactive).

Imagine if you had 3 recruits - then you would only need to sell 17,000!

Oh ... but I am SO not the recruiting type!

Di - if you think that, then that is what you are. Let me ask you, has there ever been a restaurant that you absolutely loved? Did you keep it to yourself or tell people? What about a movie or a sale in the mall? These are all things that can help someone. Now, why would you keep an opportunity to yourself that could not only help someone, but change their life??? If you haven't already, call the 800 number with the recruiting message - it is fabulous!

cmdtrgd said:
Di - if you think that, then that is what you are. Let me ask you, has there ever been a restaurant that you absolutely loved? Did you keep it to yourself or tell people? What about a movie or a sale in the mall? These are all things that can help someone. Now, why would you keep an opportunity to yourself that could not only help someone, but change their life??? If you haven't already, call the 800 number with the recruiting message - it is fabulous!
I agree! It is all about attitude...if you love PC why NOT share it? Just think you could change some one's life...Oh yeah, you get 3000 points for promoting to director!

OK, lemme 'splain. No .. is too much ... lemme sum up!I am the kind of person who is live and let live about the opportunity. I present it as it is. If someone wants to pick up the ball, they will!If it happens, it happens ... I have no intention of becoming a director at this point. I wouldn't mind being a FUTURE director ... that means my leader does the work and I get the money! But I have a demanding full-time job ... in my previous product line, I found that mentoring my one and only recruit was too much on top of host coaching, etc.That said ... it does irk me that recruiting is a required part of the trip incentive. Of course, everyone knows the levels are easier to achieve if you recruit ... but if somebody sells $25,000 worth of product, that should entitle them to some level of reward, shouldn't it?Guess I'm still bitter that Previous Product Line set the bar so high nobody could achieve it without recruiting!

Last edited:
Di_Can_Cook said:
OK, lemme 'splain. No .. is too much ... lemme sum up!

I am the kind of person who is live and let live about the opportunity. I present it as it is. If someone wants to pick up the ball, they will!

If it happens, it happens ...

I have no intention of becoming a director at this point. I wouldn't mind being a FUTURE director ... that means my leader does the work and I get the money! But I have a demanding full-time job ... in my previous product line, I found that mentoring my one and only recruit was too much on top of host coaching, etc.

That said ... it does irk me that recruiting is a required part of the trip incentive. Of course, everyone knows the levels are easier to achieve if you recruit ... but if somebody sells $25,000 worth of product, that should entitle them to some level of reward, shouldn't it?

Guess I'm still bitter that Previous Product Line set the bar so high nobody could achieve it without recruiting!

If you're selling $25,000 in a year you'll be receiving plenty of rewards: higher commission percentages, product incentives, etc...just not the trip. But you'll certainly be rewarded for that level of hard work.

About 2% of people will come to you. Don't you ever come across someone who you just want to work with? Why not tell them - give them the info, the compliment and ask if it might be something s/he would be interested in? Di - we can chat about an easy, non-threatening way to ask if you want - just email me at [email protected]Another thing to keep in mind - yesterday I went to a bank to deposit a check for a friend. The bank teller noticed I banked at another bank and asked if I had a business account there (was wearing PC and have PC checks) and I told her no. She asked if she could talk to me about their business checking accounts and I said I needed to go so she asked if she could give me some information. She obviously believes in her bank and what they offer. I agreed and we exchanged cards and she gave me the info. THAT is recruiting! I plan to go back on Monday and let her know that I appreciated her asking and loved the way she went about it. I also will ask her if she is interested in hosting and even recruiting - because she already knows how to do it!!! I don't know if I will get an account there, but I AM thinking about it whereas I wouldn't have if she hadn't asked. Do you understand?

What is recruiting?

Recruiting is the process of finding and attracting qualified individuals to fill open positions within a company or organization.

What is a trip incentive?

A trip incentive is a reward offered to employees or potential recruits for meeting certain recruiting goals or targets. This can include an all-expenses-paid trip to a desirable location or a cash bonus to be used towards a vacation.

How can a trip incentive help with recruiting?

A trip incentive can be a powerful motivator for potential recruits, as it offers them a desirable reward for joining a company. It can also help attract top talent and differentiate a company from its competitors.

What are some common trip incentives offered for recruiting?

Some common trip incentives for recruiting include all-expenses-paid trips to popular vacation destinations, luxury experiences such as spa days or sporting events, and cash bonuses to be used towards a vacation of the employee's choice.

Are there any potential drawbacks to using trip incentives for recruiting?

While trip incentives can be effective in attracting top talent, they can also be costly for a company. Additionally, if not properly implemented, they may not have a significant impact on recruiting efforts. It is important for companies to carefully consider the cost and potential effectiveness of trip incentives before implementing them as part of their recruiting strategy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
cincychef
  • jwpamp
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
  • ChefPaulaB