• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

When do I start earning commission on my recruits' sales?

In summary, the conversation discusses the topic of recruiting for a direct sales company. The speaker, who is a new consultant, is now considering recruiting in order to earn trips. They have a question about when they can start making commission on their recruits' sales. The response is that they can start earning commission when they have 2 recruits and meet the minimum sales requirement. When they become a director, the commission percentage increases. The conversation also touches on the initial hesitation to recruit from the speaker's small town, but the benefits of recruiting in one's hometown are highlighted.
ChefMoore
I'm still a relatively new consultant (started in August) and have not really focused on recruiting in the past. However, now because I would have to recruit at least one person to be able to earn any of the trips, I am now starting to think about it more. I have what may seem like a basic question about recruiting though. To my understanding you need 2 recruits to be a Future Director and 5 to become a director. Now, my question is: at what point do you start making commission on your recruit's sales? When you have 1 recruit? when you are a FD? or a D?

Thanks in advance for any info you could give me!

When you have 2 recruits, and you are making the minimum sales requirement yourself. ($1250 in sales per month) Then, you make a 1% override on their sales, and on your own.ETA: When you become a director, the % override jumps to 3%, and the minimum sales is $750 per month.

When you become a future - you get a percent on their sales and your own - good for you to want to recruit!! Good Luck!!

Well at first I wasn't really interested in recruiting because I come from a very small town and I thought if I recruited anyone else from our town it would only hinder my business because they would be taking away people I could be doing shows for. But yesterday I was at my baby appointment (I'm due in April) and was talking to another mom to be there about how much I love it and everything. I gave her my contact info and since she wasn't from my town it wouldn't hurt to recruit her!

Don't be afraid to recruit in your town, that's what will hinder your business!

Keep in mind that just because they live in your town, doesn't mean that's where they'll do shows. I don't live in a small town (surrounded by them) and I actually don't do a lot of my shows here! I felt the same way (just a little) when I first started. After all, I needed to expand my circle so if I met a new group and someone wanted to join...auugghh...I thought then I'd lose that new group. Well, sometimes that's true, but that just means your recruit has a good group to start with.Good luck!!

ChefMoore said:
Well at first I wasn't really interested in recruiting because I come from a very small town and I thought if I recruited anyone else from our town it would only hinder my business because they would be taking away people I could be doing shows for. But yesterday I was at my baby appointment (I'm due in April) and was talking to another mom to be there about how much I love it and everything. I gave her my contact info and since she wasn't from my town it wouldn't hurt to recruit her!

Don't be afraid - it won't hurt your business - only help it - one of my recruits lives around the corner and one of her recruits lives in our town also - we all have kids in the same school no less - It makes the drive to cluster a blast also - plus helpful if you need to borrow something in a pinch!!;)

That's a good point, I hadn't thought about it that way before. Plus, out of my close friends, I can't see any of them being comfortable talking in front of people and selling products. So I guess my focus would be more on acquaintences (spelling?) anyway, and that would make it less awkward as well.

What is recruiting?

Recruiting is the process of finding and attracting qualified individuals to fill job openings within an organization.

Why is recruiting important?

Recruiting is important because it helps organizations find the right candidates to fill their job openings, ensuring that they have a skilled and qualified workforce. It also helps to maintain the growth and success of a company.

What are the different methods of recruiting?

The different methods of recruiting include job postings, employee referrals, recruiting agencies, career fairs, and social media recruiting.

What skills are important for a recruiter?

Some important skills for a recruiter include communication, networking, interviewing, and decision-making abilities. They should also have knowledge of the industry and the ability to assess candidates' qualifications and fit for a specific job.

How can I improve my recruiting strategy?

To improve your recruiting strategy, you can utilize various methods such as leveraging technology, building a strong employer brand, using data to analyze and improve your process, and continuously evaluating and adjusting your approach based on feedback and results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• leshelman
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • Boomerjojo
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • byrd1956