• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recruiting Interview Tips for Newbies

In summary, the conversation was about a person's eagerness to recruit someone for their company. They had a meeting set up with someone they had never met before and needed tips to ensure a successful interview. They discussed various materials to bring and the importance of letting the potential recruit talk. They also mentioned the online training and resources available for conducting interviews. The person was hopeful that the recruit would sign up, but encountered some obstacles with their upcoming show.
amy07
Ok, so I came home from Leadership late Saturday fired up to recruit. Sunday after church we went to Pizza Hut and I approached our waitress. We've been playing phone tag and this morning we finally connected - we're meeting at 11:30 TODAY!! Here's my dilema, I have NEVER done a recruiting interview with someone (other than a HO lead) that I have not met at a show. She is NOT familiar with PC either. :eek: I need tips to help keep myself form "throwing up" on her, especially given she is not familiar with us.

I'm thinking a catalog, Come Join Us brochure, common questions flyer, quick start box and agreement. Am I missing anything else?

Do you have the recruiting binder? I know that they make it so you can just flip through it and go step by step. Just remember to breathe b/c getting sick on her...may NOT get the results you want.:)

Do you have the Your Life, Your Way DVD? And bring the 800 # for the recorded message regarding recruiting. Sorry...don't have it off-hand.

Remember that it's asking HER the questions and listening. Why she's thinking of PC, What she wants to achieve, etc. I would do a quick tele-course on it so that it's fresh in your mind. Good luck!!!

thank you Jeanine! I just had this booklet in my hands last night when I was "cleaning" my office. Now to find the "safe" place I put it!!

Jules711 said:
Do you have the recruiting binder? I know that they make it so you can just flip through it and go step by step. Just remember to breathe b/c getting sick on her...may NOT get the results you want.:)

Do you have the Your Life, Your Way DVD? And bring the 800 # for the recorded message regarding recruiting. Sorry...don't have it off-hand.

Remember that it's asking HER the questions and listening. Why she's thinking of PC, What she wants to achieve, etc. I would do a quick tele-course on it so that it's fresh in your mind. Good luck!!!

oh yeah! Thanks!

Take the online training about interviews! It goes through the Come Join Us booklet. Only takes 20 minutes, but is fantastic!!

chefann said:
Take the online training about interviews! It goes through the Come Join Us booklet. Only takes 20 minutes, but is fantastic!!

I know I really need to do these. But I have dial-up and by the time the audio catches up it is awful. I keep telling myself that I need to treat myself to lunch at Panera one afternoon and take them all, but of course I forget until moments like this!:eek:

from the online training center

there is a script:

https://www.pamperedchefonlinetrainingcenter.com/Content/Resources/Recruiting/The%20Recruiting%20Interview%20Audio%20Script_Fall%202007.pdf

click the link for the pdf.

There is a guide to using the Come Join Us book. Use that, ask questions, and SHUT UP! Ask her what interests her about Pampered Chef and that will guide your discussion. If she wants INCOME, you won't go on and on about the free products, get it?

allisonserna said:
from the online training center

there is a script:

https://www.pamperedchefonlinetrainingcenter.com/Content/Resources/Recruiting/The%20Recruiting%20Interview%20Audio%20Script_Fall%202007.pdf

click the link for the pdf.

awesome! You guys are the bestest!! Now here's to hoping she signs!!

I heard , i think at National Conf, it needs to be like a tennis game...
you always want the ball back on her side of the court.
Ask HER questions...

and it isn't about YOU, it's about HER.

Good luck!
let us know how it goes!

Good luck Amy and post how it went.

she is very interested and excited BUT since she has never been to a show she wants to view one first, which I totally understand. So, we set it up that she would attend my show Friday night. Great, right?!?!?! Well, it was until I got home and my host wants to cancel! UGHHH!! I'm working on having the show hold, but she says she does not have ONE single person coming. :eek: Now mind you, I mailed the invites, so I know they went out and she had well over 40 on the list. So unless she pulled them from the phonebook or has recently ticked people off I don't know how not one person could be coming!:grumpy: Oh well, if it doesn't hold I've got a few more immediate shows she could attend, but aghhhH!!

Oh Amy keep us posted! I hope everything works out for you!

Offer to make reminder calls for her.

1. What should I wear to a recruiting interview?

It is important to make a good first impression by dressing professionally. This typically means wearing a suit or business attire. Make sure your clothes are clean and wrinkle-free. Avoid wearing anything too flashy or distracting.

2. How should I prepare for a recruiting interview?

Research the company and the role you are interviewing for. Review common interview questions and practice your responses. Make sure to have a copy of your resume and any other relevant documents with you. Arrive early and be prepared to ask questions about the company and the role.

3. What qualities do recruiters look for in candidates?

Recruiters typically look for candidates who have relevant skills and experience for the job, as well as strong communication and interpersonal skills. They also value qualities such as adaptability, problem-solving abilities, and a positive attitude.

4. How can I stand out in a recruiting interview?

Show enthusiasm and confidence in your abilities. Use specific examples to showcase your skills and experiences. Be prepared to ask thoughtful questions about the company and the role. Also, make sure to follow up with a thank-you note after the interview.

5. What are some common mistakes to avoid in a recruiting interview?

Avoid being late to the interview or dressing inappropriately. Don't speak negatively about previous employers or experiences. Be mindful of your body language and avoid fidgeting or crossing your arms. Make sure to listen carefully and answer questions fully, without rambling or going off-topic.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jolie_Paradoxe
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chefmoseley
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
chefmoseley
  • pcsharon1