• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question From a Soon to Join Consultant

In summary, this woman has known this woman since childhood and she despises her. She is upity and better than everyone else, so this woman signs up under her.
MrsChiles
I have a question, I am not currently a consultant but hope to sign up within the next few months (after new house is complete). My question is, I know with most other DS companies, Mary Kay etc. you are signed up under whoever is in your area. Is that the case with PC? I am inquiring because when I put interested in ordering products more info on the website, it took me to the local consultant's sales site. I have known this woman since childhood and I despise her. I know that isn't very nice of me but it's true. (She's very upity and better than everyone else, you know the type.) Anyways, sorry to ramble. Just curious if it's possible to sign up under seomone else, even a total stranger would be better that her! (I sound super mean but I promise if you knew her you'd understand!)

You don't have to sign up under this woman at all. Just curious, where do you live?

Jeez I hate to say in case she's on here!! From the midwest, how's that?! I joined this board to find out more about being a consultant, and it really sounds like a lot of fun. I am always the entertainer among my friends and family, planning dinner parties and such. I think this would add a little incentive to something I already love!!

You can sign up under whomever you want to. I don't know where you live, but I am sure there is another consultant near you. When you inquire on the PC site it gives you a director...not necessarily in your area because there is some kind of rotation...not sure exactly how it works.

Anyone would be happy to sign you...me included. But, I will tell you that if you can find someone close to you that will give you the support you need to stay motivated and excited it will help you. You can always call HO and ask for a referal in your area other than the consultant they sent you to.

Feel free to email me if you need any further assistance. I am leaving for the evening, but I will check my email again late tonight.

Thank you so much for the help. I just didn't want to have to deal with that. I'd probably turn into a kit napper!

For not being a consultant, you sure know the words (kit napper). Sounds like you'll make a great one. If you are in a large town in the midwest, I'm sure you can post that area and will have a bunch of us on you like flies.

I would definately call or contact the Home Office to let them know you would like someone else in your area.

This is such a great place to find information. I know you will really enjoy being a Pampered Chef Consultant AND a member here on Chef Success!

Do you have someone else in mind that you'd like to join under? You can certainly join under anyone that you choose. Only directors & above can receive leads from the PC website, maybe there's someone else close by that you could work with.

I would say I hope it's not me, but since I'm not a director, it wouldn't be... ;) phew....

You definately came to a good place to ask!
Like the others said, if you can get with someone fairly close--that is good for training. Of course, even if you don't sign under someone close, you can get hospitality close to you. (when you go to meetings with a director who's not your director)
It definately does help if you can sign with someone you're comfortable with! Best of luck to you:)

You definitely don't have to sign under that Director! When I was inquiring about TPC I got assigned to whom is now my "hospitality" director. But at the time when I wanted to ask all of these quesitons (hundreds of questions) she wouldn't take the time to address them and only referred me to her website for info.. so I came here, found a great recruiter (from out of state) - I am in CA she lives in Chicago. She was so helpful and answered all of my questions personally! So I signed with her instead of my "assigned director" who ended up becoming my hospitality in the end. (Where I attend meetings).

Good luck and definitely ask away at all of your ??? you may have- right here on Chef Success!

I agree if you can find someone else you feel more comfortable with - you'll probably enjoy your business even more. Heather & I have the same director - and she's great - really good about getting information from and for cheering on our accomplishments as well. And I believe that helps us succeed even more! Good luck with starting your business:)

One of my consultant friends says if she ever quit and rejoined she would definitely interview recruiters to find the best match... just a suggestion :)

You guys all have such great ideas! I'll tell you, I about choked when I saw her name! I'm thinking "You have GOT to be kidding me." But it's good to know that's not my only option. I have been lurking pretty much all day ready every thread I could. This really seems like so much fun (and hard work) so I'm getting my self pumped! Wish the house was done so I could start (I know I should now with all the incentives, but it just isn't possible) My husband is psyched too because he swears by PC. I had never even heard of it before him. BTW, I read somewhere that they are discontinuing the stoneware? Is that true?

No- stoneware is staying around. There are 2 new metal pans in the new spring catalog, though.

Sign up under who you want to. If you know someone locally, talk to them. Ask your friends or family if they have a consultant they like working with. The only consultant I knew wouldn't have been a very good match for me, had bad business ethics and my family was adiment that I not sign up under her. My sister got me the name of a director who's party she went to. I talked to her on the phone and we had an instant connection so I signed that night. If you don't know someone locally, try again online to see if it brings someone else's name up.

MrsChiles said:
BTW, I read somewhere that they are discontinuing the stoneware? Is that true?

Bite your tongue!! :eek: They occasionally discontinue a PIECE of stoneware but I can't see them EVER discontinuing the entire line.

I'd suggest clicking the "consultants" tab at the top and scrolling through your state. Find some consultants near you and read through their posts. While you can sign under anyone in any state..there is alot to be said for finding someone close to you. Yes you can get hospitality but being able to see your recruiter face to face goes a long way.

I realize that is not a popular sentiment but that is my experience.

Interviewing consultants is a great idea.

GourmetGirl said:
One of my consultant friends says if she ever quit and rejoined she would definitely interview recruiters to find the best match... just a suggestion :)

What a bummer! I LOVE my director..........she's awesome!

Well, I'm not a director yet, either, so I guess it's not me, either!! lol

Anyway, I'm in Ohio, and would be thrilled to talk to you, just in case that's anywhere close to you!! Just let me know. Anytime!

Seriously, this is a fantastic company, and you are definitely in for a great time, and will be sure to make lots of friends!!

Best wishes to you!!
Paula

P.S. I have to smile, reading your posts. I, too, was "checking" Consultants out a little before I joined. Actually, it was mostly "checking" out the company elsewhere so she wouldn't know how interested I was, but she told me later she could definitely tell! Oh well!! Regardless, it was a very smart decision to join! I hope you feel the same way.

Gina M said:
I agree if you can find someone else you feel more comfortable with - you'll probably enjoy your business even more. Heather & I have the same director - and she's great - really good about getting information from and for cheering on our accomplishments as well. And I believe that helps us succeed even more! Good luck with starting your business:)
Awww, you guys are so sweet! :blushing:

Mrs. Chiles---you're in the right place to do some research and check stuff out!!! I felt I hit a goldmine when I found this website 2 1/2 years ago!! And I was already a consultant for over 2 years when I found it. I'm sure every question you have can be answered here. Or look for someone in your area from Chef Success who may be on here and contact them directly to see if you "click." (I think that may have already been mentioned)

As everyone else has said, it's completely your choice and who you feel comfortable with. Even if it's not someone right in the same town as you, that person could always get you connected with a hospitality director in your area and get two directors "for the price of one"!

Good luck!! How exciting to be exploring Pampered Chef. There's lots of excitement to come this year!!!!:chef:

I went through something similar to your experience... Before we moved to Okinawa, I went to the PC website and asked for a referral about joining the company. I knew I wanted to be a consultant. :)

Well... a director stationed in Italy contacted me via email. I was SO excited!! Even though I didn't know this lady at all, I was excited to begin my PC adventure. However, after our initial email, I sent another one asking a few questions and wanting some additional information. Get this... the lady took almost a month to email me back!! And, when she did, she was very short with me. She directed me to the PC website for consultant info. DUH!! I had already gone there. I was wanting some direct information from someone already in the biz!! Needless to say, I didn't sign with her. I waited another year until I was settled on the island here, and I actually became friends with a consultant. I signed under her!!

If you like personal contact either through email or phone I'm your gal. I answer all my Consultants question myself personally. I know many people feel that we should direct the COnsultants to the HO or Solution Center but I feel that each person should be treated as an individual and that is what I practice. I currently have 7 people on my team and only 2 people had done anything for the past month and half but each person received a Christmas gift from me. All of my Consultants that I have on my TEAM of BRAVE people receive emails daily along with weekly follow up calls. I call until they tell me they don't need me anymore. Feel free to call and I would be very happy to work with you and answer any questions you might have. Sometimes you don't want to stay on hold for 30 minutes or more. God Bless and good luck on your venture.

Thank you so much for all of your support and info. You girls ROCK! And I love this board, everyone is so freakin PERKY! Puts me in a good mood, especially when I'm at work (ugh.) Thanks again, and I'll be a-lurkin'!

Definitely keep us posted on your progress and status (when you become an official PCer ;)! LOL

Again, feel free to ask all those ??? or concerns and any of us will be glad to help you!

I just came accross your thread and wanted to add my two cents...

I would look around your area for a few consultants. Since you aren't in a big hurry...I would even ask if you could attend a TEAM meeting. You should be able to get a "feel" for how you would like the Director and TEAM. When I signed, I didn't have a clue what I was doing...thank God my Director is super! I didn't even meet her till AFTER I signed, since I signed under someone on her team!

Good luck! You are in the right place for answers...ask away if anything else pops into your mind!

As everyone else has been saying, sign with someone you feel comfortable with. When I came back to PC (my second time with the company), I made sure I didn't sign up with how my director was when I left. I actually signed up under one of the ladies that was in my cluster before and who I promoted to Director with. It has been great.

Enjoy your new home and new business, when you get it up and going. :)

1. What are the benefits of becoming a Pampered Chef consultant?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you will have the opportunity to earn commission on sales, receive discounts on products, and attend exclusive training and events. You will also have the flexibility to work your own hours and build your own business.

2. How much does it cost to become a Pampered Chef consultant?

The initial cost to become a consultant is $109, which includes a starter kit with over $450 worth of products and business supplies. There is also a $10 monthly fee for your personal website and online tools.

3. What kind of training and support is provided for new consultants?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of training and support for new consultants, including online and in-person training, mentorship from experienced consultants, and access to a community of fellow consultants. You will also have a dedicated support team to assist you with any questions or concerns.

4. Do I have to meet sales quotas as a Pampered Chef consultant?

As a consultant, you are not required to meet any sales quotas. However, there are incentives and rewards for reaching certain sales goals. You have the flexibility to set your own goals and work at your own pace.

5. Can I still be a Pampered Chef consultant if I have a full-time job?

Yes, many of our consultants have full-time jobs and use Pampered Chef as a side business. You can work your business around your schedule and there is no pressure to make it a full-time job. It can be a great way to earn extra income and have a fun hobby at the same time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Rochelle Miller
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Genia Roman
  • GinaG623
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
kristina16marie
  • byrd1956