• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dealing with a Kit-Napper: What to do When Your Recruit is Unresponsive?

In summary, the conversation discussed a common problem of having a recruit who shows initial interest but does not follow through with the business. The person who signed their first recruit in December has not received any response or communication from the recruit, despite reaching out multiple times. Others shared similar experiences and offered advice to not give up and focus on those who are willing to work. There was also a concern about being responsible for the cost of the starter kit if the recruit does not qualify. The conversation ended with the mantra "Bless and Release" and hope for the recruit to eventually make a commitment to the business.
pamperedcheermom
I signed my first recruit back in Dec. As of today she's done nothing with the business. She won't answer my calls and won't respond to e-mails. When I finally talked to her right after Christmas she had not even opened the starter kit and had received it about a week or so before Christmas. I left one more message yesterday that I'm here to help her get started and wanted to know when she would like to schedule her debut. BUT, I also told her I am not trying to bother her or be pushy but I would appreciate a return call or e-mail to let me know what's going on. I would rather concentrate on someone who is willing to work the business and not someone who is wasting my time by trying to contact her.

Anyone else have this problem and if so, what did you do? I don't plan to contact her again in any way because she's had plenty of time to respond to me. She got the kit, at an excellent price, so I have to assume that's all she wanted.

My friend was a kit napper. Unfortunately we can't force them. Bless and release.

That's sort of what happened with my first recruit. You might remind her that she made a commitment to do the initial shows. It didn't work with mine, but it might with yours.

My first & only recruit was a kitnapper too. She acted all excited to start, but never did a single show. She moved shortly after signing & never gave me her new contact info.

I had a kitnapper also - all excited to start and then had "issue" after "issue" - I finally told her to let me know if I could help her in anyway and moved on - You can only support and help those who want it - from what I understand it happens in all area of sales - don't be discouraged, a new recruit is right around the corner!!

I had a recruit sign up in June. She just submitted her first show on January 4th. It was a bridal shower held on Dec. 22nd. I do know that she worked a full time night job for the city, and had mandated overtime, as well as a part time second job. She also had family illnesses, etc. I send her the occassional e-mail, with no return responses, so I guess it is just bless and release!

My first one was a kit napper too. Never done a thing, wouldn't even work out a time with my Director to train. I see her all the time and she just acts like nothing happened. Her MIL even did a show a month or two after she got her kit and someone else did the show and she was there. I found out she made the comment that she only signed up for the products to others that came back and told me. She went on and on about how her and her husband had discussed it and how great they thought it would be.

All your stories do sound familiar. My very first recruit did absolutely nothing after signing her agreement. It has been very disappointing. I do have a new recruit that is on fire and she is eager to get going. And I have two more people that are going to sign this coming week. My advice is don't give up! There are going to be times that you do have adversity. I have a quote on my goals sheet that says:

"Sometimes adversity is what you need to face in order to become successful."

So how does that work? Since they don't qualify and don't return their kits? Are we responsible for any of the money?:confused:

I hope not! She had the extra 30 days to qualify since she signed up in December. She may come through after all but so far, no word from her. I guess I was expecting too much...................or more than she was willing to do. I won't call her anymore or send any e-mails. My director said she'll follow up with her and see if she can get her going.

I certainly don't want to be responsible for paying back the money for the starter kit. I imagine lots of people do this but I was really hoping she would work the business and not be one of them. AND, she still has 3 months to qualify so maybe she'll decide to do something. I'll just wait and see!

Bless and Release! This happened with my very 1st recruit unfortunately, there is nothing we can do but keep on recruiting! :(
I continually send her updated info and weekly motivational emails but haven't heard from her once and haven't Ever been able to get ahold of her by phone.

It happens to us all I am sure! Sorry!

It happens. Some people really do sign up just to get the kit with no plans of ever doing shows. I personally signed up to get the kit with the intention of doing 6 shows and quitting...that was 6 years ago. I am still a hobby consultant. So, your recruit may change her mind. Perhaps she was just overwhelmed with the holidays. My suggestion is don't stress about it. Just contact her every once in awhile. I have a recruit that signed last Spring and was so excited. She qualified and then quit to take a full time job. I email her a copy of my newsletter, meeting information, and any info I receive from HO. Every once in awhile I will send an email just to check on her and see if she needs anything. There is nothing you can do about it and you are not responsible for any of it. She signed a contract to do the things it takes to qualify, but that is between her and HO.

Bless and release and start your focus for #2, 3, 4, 5.....

There is nothing you can do about it and you are not responsible for any of it.

How do you stop feeling responsible? lol My recruit has done the same. She's had people tell her they'd book but not until after the holidays. I understand because my business has been very slow, too. I think she really wants to do this and has been in other DS companies over the years. I email her..no response. I call her...either no answer or one of her kids does and she's not home. If I do manage to catch her, she talks about everything else except PC. I feel frustrated because I told her I'd be here for her but I don't feel like I'm getting any cooperation from her. I guess I don't want her to feel or say I didn't help but I don't know what else to do.

Marisa, the next time you get to talk to her, maybe you could just ask her if she would like to schedule a regular weekly or monthly training, either a meeting or a phone call. Go from there. If she says "no" then ask her if she wants you to contact her by e-mail just to update her on PC news or whatever. If she says "no" then she can't blame you. If she says "yes" to either of the above then go for it. If you can't get ahold of her to ask her, then send her an e-mail with "I'll wait to hear from you." at the end.

Thanks, Jae. I've tried with the emails. I send her any info I get about promotions, etc that she may not be aware of. I send her emails asking if there's anything she needs or if I can help her. I have never once gotten a response from her. lol Honestly, I sometimes dread trying to call her because I know it'll be a 2 hour call with listening to every other topic she talks about. lol No matter how many times I tell her I need to go, have other calls to make or whatever, she just keeps on going. lol I don't know if it's that she feels comfortable on her own or is scared to ask or is just complacent. She's a hard one to read because she doesn't show any enthusiasm for anything. I'll keep offering but if she doesn't take me up on it, I can't force her. She's a grown woman so it's all up to her what she does with the opportunity.

4 recruited so far - 3 nappers and 1 awesome! Keep recruiting - and enjoying those CATALOGS!! God Bless You!-praying for Paige and her family-

Great Attitude Scott!

hey everyone who has or will have sometime in your PC career. There will be days when you have kitnappers and then you will find some that do a little and then BAM!!! Someone who is a go getter. All any of us can do is offer to help and then tell the one who are not producing that you are here when their biz. becomes important to them and they want your help in any way.

Then move on to the next. You can't change the stripes on a Tiger nor can you change people who don't really want to perform. Most of all stress to them that it is their biz. and they are the CEO & CFO and would they fire theirself if they were at a regular office job. Other than PC and let them go.

Move to the next you need 10 to get 2 to produce. Unless your SUPER lucky and find wonderful people to work with. Find out why she signed up to start with and see if something has change and go from there.

If she hasn't even opened it yet, you may invite her to just have a few people over when she opens the box so they can share her excitement when they all see the products for the first time.But keep in mind the following wisdom, passed from my leader in a previous product line.A fellow leader told her that of the 10 average recruits:• 3 will take the kit and do nothing.
• 3 will take the kit, do some things at first, but quickly lose interest.
• 3 will be your "steady Eddies ... " they will stay active, not break any records but plug along ... And ONE will be your rising star!Take heart ... you just haven't found your rising star just yet.

My first recruit has done great and earned alot of PC $. I am very proud to have her on my team(even though it is just me and her)!

Di_Can_Cook said:
A fellow leader told her that of the 10 average recruits:

• 3 will take the kit and do nothing.
• 3 will take the kit, do some things at first, but quickly lose interest.
• 3 will be your "steady Eddies ... " they will stay active, not break any records but plug along ...

And ONE will be your rising star!

Take heart ... you just haven't found your rising star just yet.

AWESOME!!! Thanks so much for sharing!

What is a "kit-napper" in Pampered Chef?

A "kit-napper" in Pampered Chef refers to someone who signs up to become a consultant solely for the purpose of purchasing the starter kit at a discounted price and then never actively sells or promotes the products.

Why is "kit-napping" a problem for Pampered Chef?

"Kit-napping" is a problem for Pampered Chef because it goes against the company's mission to empower individuals to build successful businesses through selling high-quality kitchen products. When someone only joins for the discounted kit and does not actively promote the products, it can hurt the reputation and sales of the company.

How does Pampered Chef prevent "kit-napping"?

Pampered Chef has implemented a policy that requires new consultants to sell at least $1,250 worth of products within their first three months. This ensures that consultants are actively promoting and selling the products, rather than just purchasing the kit at a discounted price.

What happens if someone is caught "kit-napping" in Pampered Chef?

If someone is caught "kit-napping" in Pampered Chef, they may be subject to disciplinary action, including having their consultant account suspended or terminated. This is to protect the integrity of the company and its consultants who are actively working to promote and sell the products.

Can I return my starter kit if I decide not to continue as a Pampered Chef consultant?

Yes, you can return your starter kit within 30 days of purchase for a full refund. However, if you have already earned commission or held parties using the products, you may be subject to additional fees. It is important to carefully consider your decision to become a Pampered Chef consultant before purchasing the starter kit.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • sarahsworld2000