• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I still earn the trip if I don't recruit?

doesn't always go as planned, but it is SO worth it when you end up with a new Consultant on your team!
krzymomof4
Silver Member
Okay, please don't automaticly start bashing me please.
I am one of those consultants who really doesn't focus on recruiting. I talk about it at my shows and follow up with those that have showed an interest, but I have other reasons for having my business.
I usually do a little above $1000 a month in sales and have only had 1 recruit who lasted 1 month.
At the beginning of the year, I talked to my kids about possibly earning enough to possibly earning the trip this year. They were very excited about where the trip might be, etc. We haven't taken a family vacation for 7 years. So they were all willing to chip in to help my business.
Then I saw that you have to be a FD or higher to even qualify for the trip. I have always said when I started my business that I would under no circumstance become one of the direct sales consultants who are down people's throat about joining their team (you all know what I mean). I also don't want to break my kids hearts either when they are willing to help me put packets together, etc.
How do I not take this so badly?
I know most of you are going to say to recruit, but I always offer the opportunity, but never push.
Help me get over this dissapointment.
Sorry so long.

Are you sure on the trip? I'll have to look again. I thought you could earn it as a consultant, it just is harder!

Don't be discouraged! We all felt that way or still do - first of all - you don't need to be a future or director to earn - I did earn San Fran my first year but didn't this year - Recruiting happens to be a great and easy way to earn points - the key is to be excited about your business and love it and others will too - my best suggestion would be to order one of Jillian Eisenbergs cds from the paperwork supply list - or ask your up line if they have one - I am lucky to live where Jillian does and she came to one of our cluster meetings - SHE WAS AMAZING!!! Well, after her demo - I had a show and recruited my first 2 recruits @ that show - You can achieve the trip! I can see by your sn that you have 4 kids - I know that is alot of work ( I have 5) but I get mine involved in helping me - whether its with stamping catalogs etc - they even mention the business to their teachers - I get orders and even a few shows!!

To my understanding you have to have 2 new qualified consultants.

no you can be a consultant - you need 2 qualified recruits to become a future - any level can earn a trip - points are just higher - so when you recruit you get 2000 per qualified - get 2 qualilfied you are a future (plus 4000 pts) and you have like 2000 less pts then a consulant - so recruiting is the key to trips!!

I guess I am just confused by the
FD = xx points and 2 new qualified recruits.

For instance...this year the cruise was 56,000 points as a consultant divide that by 12 so if you do 4500 a month you will make it....HTH

Recruiting tips....I think you might be right...someone wrote on here that HO raised the 'Recruiting "bar" for the Incentive Trips.

As far as Recruiting, I found this to help me out: My D challenged me to talk to 15 people by the 15th of January to win a PC bag/purse. I was annoyed at the challenge at first (I am always up for a challenge, just NOT a recruiting one). So, I started to 'practice' on my friends and family. I was surprised that I peaked the interest of quite a few of them. Then I got the confidence to try with Customers, especially those that have MORE PC products THAN I DO! I told them what comes in the kit, what the start-up cost is, and a few other things that are involved. I didn't over-load them with information, but I just REALLY told them what I love about the job. So, I have my first Recruit and I think another will sign in March.

p.s. I still have 5 more people to talk to about the Recruiting Challenge - and I THINK I have ANOTHER one interested! :)

I can email you ALL my recruiting information (if you are a person that NEEDS EVERYTHING in Script before you get on the phone) if you PM me.

Hope it helps you to feel better about Recruiting - it will save you a lot of work in getting that trip!

- Jenna

stefani2 said:
I think you might be right...someone wrote on here that HO raised the 'Recruiting "bar" for the Incentive Trips.

As far as Recruiting, I found this to help me out: My D challenged me to talk to 15 people by the 15th of January to win a PC bag/purse. I was annoyed at the challenge at first (I am always up for a challenge, just NOT a recruiting one). So, I started to 'practice' on my friends and family. I was surprised that I peaked the interest of quite a few of them. Then I got the confidence to try with Customers, especially those that have MORE PC products THAN I DO! I told them what comes in the kit, what the start-up cost is, and a few other things that are involved. I didn't over-load them with information, but I just REALLY told them what I love about the job. So, I have my first Recruit and I think another will sign in March.

p.s. I still have 5 more people to talk to about the Recruiting Challenge - and I THINK I have ANOTHER one interested! :)

I can email you ALL my recruiting information (if you are a person that NEEDS EVERYTHING in Script before you get on the phone) if you PM me.

Hope it helps you to feel better about Recruiting - it will save you a lot of work in getting that trip!

- Jenna

Hi Jenna - I just pm'd you..................

Leslie - I am the same way as you....recruiting is not major for me....I do about the same as you. I do talk about it, and follow up as needed, with 0 results. I also got the same feeling as you about the trip. Just wanted to let you know that you are not alone...........:)

casual recruitingI am with you girls, too. The incentive trip seems SO outta reach for me. :(

Maybe the "casual" approach will help you. That challenge was what I needed to start thinking of Recruiting differently. PLUS, when I found out all the perks of being a FD or D,....That was SUPER motivating. I am STILL not going to be pushy like some, by NO MEANS, but I am definately going to talk about recruiting with passion...just like I do the tools.

I totally understand your feeling, too. I just told hubby that we won't be earning any trips. For someone just starting out and who lives in a rural area, that's totally out of reach. If I lived in a city with higher incomes and population, maybe, but not out here.

From the posting I read on the other thread, every level requires one recruit as a consultant. I realize HO is trying to boost us but when the goal is all but impossible, it's discouraging. It doesn't get me excited at all. It makes me think I got into the wrong business and I hate that thought because I love PC products. If I sold $50,000 worth of product in a year, I could afford to pay for the trip. I just don't see it happening. This is the first thing that has discouraged me but it's a biggie. :(

I think the best thing to do to help you "get over your attitude" is to sleep on it. Things always look better in the morning. Also, this is very new information. I'm sure HO isn't going to make this big change without having some plan of action or some words to help with the situation.

I agree that this news is a bit of a bummer, but before we go and get upset over it we should get the full story.:angel:

HTH

You need to get the word "recruit" out of your head. If this is the focus, then yes, it would be frustrating. Think of who you can help. When I started listening to others' needs and wants and made this the focus, I wasn't recruiting, but helping someone else meet their needs. I have helped 8 join the company in the last 3 years. I have no active consultants right now. It just wasn't a need for all of them. Those who see how much fun you have and hear the benefits, will come to you when you least expect it. I just got a call from a past host who said she wanted to talk to me Monday about the business opportunity. In the past it wasn't a need for her. Now she is looking at quitting her job and wants to hear more about PC. I'm taking her to my cluster meeting. I myself was asked many times by other directors, but no one met my needs with the business. When my current director showed me how it filled my needs, I was ready to join. I'm going on a trip this year!!

You asked for help getting over your attitude. It sounds like you think recruiting is about forcing someone to do something they don't really want to do. We've all encountered those high-pressure direct sales people. They drive lots of people away.Have you ever thought that bringing people into the business is about helping them to realize some of their personal goals? I don't really like the word "recruit." Try thinking of it as building a team. The coach (director) of the softball team doesn't go out and force people to join their team. They tell people they're building a team, and invite them to try out (consider the business opportunity). That small difference in thinking might make all the difference for you.

For me, it's not a problem of recruiting or 'helping'. ;) I had my first within my first 30 days and have another planning to sign this month with possibly a third as well. It's the point that it's being forced for us to reach the incentive. If you already are or are wanting to be an FD or Director, then that's ok because it's something you've planned and that's part of your requirements to keep that level or move up. Some people just don't want that step up..no time or interest to devote to training, another job, family obligations or whatever reason. It's just disappointing that this is a requirement. Attaining the points is a challenge in itself and adding the recruit on just makes it seem impossible. Some of us will never reach $3-4000 a month in sales because of location or whatever reason. (I drive a minimum of 30 miles each way for my shows with most being 1 to 2 hours each way, which I don't mind. There's just not as much market in my area as in others so reaching that sales level will be extremely difficult.)

As was stated on another post, this sounds less like supporting us and more like promoting big business. This isn't letting us run our business our way. It's setting goals (requirements) for us that we haven't set for ourselves. It's extremely discouraging for new consultants. It makes us feel as if we'll never get anywhere and negates the initial excitement of joining this business. Just my opinion.

I think it is important to keep in mind that you can invite people to join you in the business but you never have to assume responsibility for them. You could recruit 50 people and you do not have to become a Director. That's your choice. As a Future Director, you have no official duties.

If you take the time at your shows to invite others to look at the business opportunity, it is likely that you'll get at least one new recruit each year. This will be enough to meet requirements for earning a trip.

Think of it this way...So...How has the PC helped you? How has it made YOUR life better?

'Recruiting' has such a BAD meaning for a lot of people...so start thinking of it this way. You are simply, offering them the opportunity to have PC change their life.

One file on here goes something like this:
At the end of the Show, say:
"I don't know how many of you ladies here tonight are fretting over a Credit Card bill,....or how many of you want to save more for retirement....or how many of you want to pay off debt........pay for your kids College Education,...or even just want extra spending money each month. What I DO know is that I can offer you an AMAZING opportunity with the Pampered Chef....."

You could also point out the different 'aprons' of the PC (Full-Time, Part-Time, Hobbyist, etc.) OR tell them that 80% of Consultants with PC ALREADY have a full-time job!.............

I TRY to think of it this way: Who am I to decide WHO PC can help (or not help by NOT asking)? How would I know whether PC could DRAMATICALLY change their life, or not, IF I DON'T ASK! Think of HOW many people have placed an order tonight WHEN REALLY, they COULDN'T have afforded it, but didn't want to let their friend (Host) down.

Thinking this way, REALLY changed my views on 'offering the opportunity'. (I don't even want to say the 'R' word.)

stefani2 said:
One file on here goes something like this:
At the end of the Show, say:
"I don't know how many of you ladies here tonight are fretting over a Credit Card bill,....or how many of you want to save more for retirement....or how many of you want to pay off debt........pay for your kids College Education,...or even just want extra spending money each month. What I DO know is that I can offer you an AMAZING opportunity with the Pampered Chef....."

For this portion of my show, I've just started using this phrase (stolen from a fellow Consultant) "what keeps you awake at night?". And then following with the same ideas as Jenna has listed here.

Last edited:
it wasn't mep.s. Please don't give me credit for all this...it is from my D, other files, CC and others...........

CCC and 'recruiting' follow-upCustomer Care Calls

“Hi. This is Jenna Grant, your Pampered Chef Consultant. Is now a good time?”

IF THEY ANSWER ‘NO’: “I am doing Customer Care Calls. When is a better time to reach you?”

LEVELS OF SERVICE:
How are you enjoying your products?
Do you need any recipes?
Would you like to be added to the monthly Newsletter List (specials, recipes, etc.)
I would like to let you know about up-coming Specials.

OTHER CUSTOMER CARE CALLS:
PAST HOST (1-6 months): “I had a lot of fun with you and your friends at your Show. Are you, or someone you know, interested in Hosting?”

PAST HOST (6-12 months): “I had a really great time doing your Show in (month). Theirs is a new catalogue out and your Past Host Discount is soon to expire. Would you be interested in Hosting again?”

POTENTIAL HOST:
“It’s been so nice to meet you at (name). You said were interested in Hosting – is that something you want to do anytime soon?”
OR
“My average Host earns about $(dollars) in FREE product of their choice, AND a savings of $(dollars)!”

CATALOGUE SHOW HOST: “I would still love for you to receive free products. Did you know that you can have the same great host Benefits by sharing catalogues with people you know?”

IF ‘NO’: “Can you think of anyone else who might be interested?”

POTENTIAL RECRUIT:
It’s been so nice to meet you at (name). You expressed interested in learning more about the Pampered Chef business opportunity. We have a Training Meeting on the (date). Or would you prefer to meet with me one-on-one so we can talk more. *If they are not interested in Joining, ask about Hosting.*
OR
“I don’t know if you’ve ever considered a home-based business, but if I gave you a little information about our company, would you be willing to take a look at it?”
IF ‘NO’: “Does anyone else come to mind that might enjoy earning extra money?”
“Would you be interested in getting together with friends at a Cooking Show?”

PREFERRED CUSTOMER:
We had such a great time at (name)’s Show. Did you know she saved $(amount) for Hosting a Show? You are obviously a big fan of the Pampered Chef. Have you ever thought about having your own Show? I also do Catalogue Shows.

UP-COMING SPECIALS:
I wanted to tell you about some up-coming specials. You had expressed interest in (product). Would you be interested in purchasing it, or even better – earning it for free!

At this time of year, I get in-touch with Customers to let them know about new products, specials, and up-date them on the latest news from the Pampered Chef.

THEME SHOWS: “We’ve just introduced 3 new Shows that are so much fun.”
New Products: “Our new product introduction to the season is one of the best I’ve ever seen.”

*What ever the reason for calling is, always tie it to the business opportunity, hosting, and all the other services you offer.*

CLOSING:
Well, I really appreciate your time tonight. Is there anything else I can help you with? You can contact me anytime – by email or phone. Have a great night!

What does "Help Me Get Over My Attitude" mean?

"Help Me Get Over My Attitude" is a phrase commonly used in the direct sales industry to refer to the process of overcoming negative attitudes and mindsets that may hinder success. It is often used as a mantra or reminder to stay positive and motivated.

Why is it important to get over my attitude?

Having a negative attitude can be detrimental to your success as a direct sales consultant. It can affect your confidence, motivation, and ultimately, your sales. By getting over your attitude, you can approach your business with a positive mindset and better connect with potential customers.

How can Pampered Chef help me get over my attitude?

At Pampered Chef, we offer training and resources to help our consultants develop a positive attitude and mindset. This includes personal development workshops, motivational materials, and mentorship from experienced consultants.

What are some common attitudes that need to be overcome in direct sales?

Some common attitudes that may hinder success in direct sales include fear of rejection, self-doubt, and a negative outlook on sales. These attitudes can prevent consultants from reaching their full potential and connecting with potential customers.

How long does it take to get over my attitude?

The process of getting over your attitude is ongoing and may vary for each individual. It takes time and effort to cultivate a positive mindset, but with consistent practice and the right resources, you can overcome negative attitudes and achieve success in your direct sales business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcmckay
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • CassieMarie
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Sheila