• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Should You Know Before Becoming a Consultant?

In summary, when looking for a potential recruit, it is important to consider qualities such as a strong work ethic, communication and teamwork skills, and a positive attitude. To approach someone about joining your organization, reach out to those who have expressed interest or shown potential. Your pitch should highlight unique opportunities and benefits, and address any concerns or questions. Evaluating a potential recruit's skills and qualifications can involve reviewing their resume, conducting interviews or assessments, and observing them in a group setting. To ensure a good fit, also consider their values, goals, and personality, and involve current members in the evaluation process.
ahammons
I just got an e-mail from the host of an upcoming show and she mentioned that she had thought about becoming a consultant. She asked about our commission rates (she also sells Mary Kay, so I guess she was just comparing) - I'd like to give her some more info, but I'm not sure what to send her!

Do you have the Come Join Us Booklet? You could send her one of those. I have a couple of friends that also sell MK, and although their commision rate is higher than ours, I believe they have other fees (such as host specials, shipping, etc.) that we don't have.

Be sure to focus on the possitive about PC! She will discover the differences herself.

Sone of the Possitives
We can earn products free several times a season
we automatically get new catalogs and sample paperwork at the begining of the season
no deliveries
no inventory
no credit card fees
no anual renewal fees
monthly cluster meetings
online trainings
trips, jewlery, and all the other goodies!

Another bonus is all of the rewards of being a host are paid for by Pampered Chef and not out of our pockets!

ahammons said:
I just got an e-mail from the host of an upcoming show and she mentioned that she had thought about becoming a consultant. She asked about our commission rates (she also sells Mary Kay, so I guess she was just comparing) - I'd like to give her some more info, but I'm not sure what to send her!

Don't send her much! Meet with her, and let her ask the questions. Answer what she asks, then wait. See what she says. Ask why she met with you. End with asking if she is ready to start.

Robin

1. What qualities should I look for in a potential recruit?

The most important qualities to consider are a strong work ethic, excellent communication and teamwork skills, and a positive attitude. Other desirable traits may vary depending on the specific needs of your organization.

2. How do I approach someone about joining my organization?

Start by reaching out to individuals who have expressed interest in your organization or have shown potential through their work or involvement in related activities. Be sure to clearly communicate your expectations and the benefits of joining your organization.

3. What should I include in my pitch to a potential recruit?

Your pitch should highlight the unique opportunities and benefits offered by your organization, such as professional development, networking, and the chance to make a positive impact. Be sure to also address any specific concerns or questions the potential recruit may have.

4. How do I evaluate a potential recruit's skills and qualifications?

Consider asking for a resume or portfolio to review, conducting interviews or skills assessments, and reaching out to references. It may also be helpful to observe the individual in a group setting or give them a trial task to complete.

5. How can I make sure a potential recruit is a good fit for my organization?

In addition to considering their skills and qualifications, it's important to assess the individual's values, goals, and personality to ensure they align with your organization's culture and mission. You may also want to involve current members in the evaluation process.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• avelissar
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
lauradahl
  • ShelbyMichalek
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
jmesser
  • msmileyface