• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can a Husband Sign Up for TS and PC? Answers Here!

In summary, TS considers PC to be a competitor, and won't allow consultants to work for both companies. The products sold by TS are not as good as those sold by PC, and the company does not sell what is sold by PC.
pamperedcheermom
Maybe I shouldn't ask this on here but I wasn't sure where to find the answer. I have a girl who sells TS and her husband wants her to do PC. He LOVES the products. He doesn't want to sell though, he wants her too and she's interested in doing it. BUT, she doesn't think she can since she's doing TS. Can we sign up the husband? Or can she sign up in her own name?:confused:

You can sign the husband, but then he's the one covered by insurance for shows and things.

pamperedcheermom said:
Maybe I shouldn't ask this on here but I wasn't sure where to find the answer. I have a girl who sells TS and her husband wants her to do PC. He LOVES the products. He doesn't want to sell though, he wants her too and she's interested in doing it. BUT, she doesn't think she can since she's doing TS. Can we sign up the husband? Or can she sign up in her own name?:confused:
She can sign up. Consultants can represent more than one DS company. If she accepts directorship she would have to give up the TS though.

I wouldn't sign the husband unless he's the one doing the demos.

BethCooks4U said:
She can sign up. Consultants can represent more than one DS company. If she accepts directorship she would have to give up the TS though.

I wouldn't sign the husband unless he's the one doing the demos.

I think the issue might be on the TS side - I think someone else posted on another thread that TS thinks of PC as a competitor, so won't let consultants work for both.

So... I beg to ask the question... What is "TS"?

Tastefully Simple. They sell food items, mostly mixes.

chefann said:
Tastefully Simple. They sell food items, mostly mixes.

And I just now got my order of 2 Almond Pound Cake mixes, and Strawberry Rhubarb Spread.......guess what we are having for dessert?:chef: (I really want a smilie that is licking it's lips!)

I LOVE the strawberry rhubarb spread! It's really good on Club crackers with a slice of Havarti cheese. mmm....

chefann said:
I LOVE the strawberry rhubarb spread! It's really good on Club crackers with a slice of Havarti cheese. mmm....

Okay - now I'm not going to be able to wait for dessert - it's gonna have to also be an appetizer - NOW!

I know someone who does TS and PC.

I purchased that rhubarb stuff, but it just sits in the cupboard, still. I want to use it for something very special and yummy!

Oh my gosh the wild rice and mushroom soup mix is soooo good, especially when you throw some fresh mushrooms and some chicken in it!

You guys know I'm working! How am I going to lock someone up thinking about food? (And you ask "Why are you reading this forum?"... Tax dollars at work!)

This may be a stupid comment, but how can TS be a competitor, when they don't sell what we sell? I mean they do sell a bread knife, but it isn't all that great... I would think you could use our stones, to bake their breads and cakes, etc... match made in food heaven if you ask me. :) Mmmmm food heaven....

I have a potential host that wants to do a joint TS and PC party...I am all for it...now its on me to find a TS rep...Oi!

As I understand it, we're not allowed to sell other products at our shows so wouldn't that violate policy, using the TS products at a PC show, or the PC products at a TS show? Or could you just not sell one at the other show but use the products anyway?

Eww that's confusing. :eek:

Kitchen Diva said:
This may be a stupid comment, but how can TS be a competitor, when they don't sell what we sell? I mean they do sell a bread knife, but it isn't all that great... I would think you could use our stones, to bake their breads and cakes, etc... match made in food heaven if you ask me. :) Mmmmm food heaven....

We sell spices,rubs, beer bread & pizza crust mix, oils, and dip mixes - I guess those 2 pages in our 50 pg catalog are threatening enough to TS that they consider us competition!

Unless she has a heart to give up TS, I wouldn't support it. Don't be so eager to signup someone that you overlook moral implications (build your house on rocks, not sand). Cindy Langford cleared it up for me explaining we have proprietary information in our Business Guide, that is simply not appropriate to share with other folks in direct sales.-I had the misadventure to recruit a mover and shaker Mary Kay rep - she was earning her MK car was one of the things she told me in signing up [Newsflash, Scott: She will be or already is a MK director] and she signed a director agreement just after her PC kit arrived, never held a single show. Right personality, wrong timing. She is so much fun! I want her to host a show for me. She'd have such an awesome group of friends, I just know it.But, she cannot represent PC. Now when I am recruiting, I'll be a little more aware, and not pursue folks involved in another company.God Bless.-praying for Paige and her family-

Thanks for all the comments! I talked to the girl today and she's still asking questions and wants very much to sign up. She's going to check with TS to see if it will be a problem. Personally, I don't see the problem at all. She's the one selling TS and she'll be selling PC and if she wants to combine shows, I think it's a great idea. She's earning the income from both so where will she lose on this?
I have an e-mail out to my Director to get info on this but haven't heard back from her so far. This would be my first recruit so I'd really like to get her under me. It's a start anyway!

pamperedcheermom said:
Thanks for all the comments! I talked to the girl today and she's still asking questions and wants very much to sign up. She's going to check with TS to see if it will be a problem. Personally, I don't see the problem at all. She's the one selling TS and she'll be selling PC and if she wants to combine shows, I think it's a great idea. She's earning the income from both so where will she lose on this?
It's in our consultant agreement that PC consultants are not allowed to sell other items at PC shows. So, even though she may be a consultant for both companies, she would not be able to sell both product lines at one show.

It's item number 10 on the agreement (emphasis mine):
10. I will demonstrate or sell only Company products at Cooking Shows. I will not demonstrate or sell any other products, including any products made personally by me, as part of my Pampered Chef business, at any Cooking Show; or at a Company-sponsored event or meeting.

Ok, I have a question. When it says 'including any products made personally by me', what about the batter bowl mixes? Would that be included as well? Or is that allowed because of the product being sold with it? Sorry to get a bit off track here, but it made me wonder.

Thanks Ann! I spoke with her again last night and told her that to avoid any problems she could do either a PC show or a TS show. She can use the PC products at her TS shows and if someone asks about them and wants to order one, they can. I see your point but if it's done that way, I don't see the problem. It would be the same as if she were making and selling something for her Church or another organization and the people at her show saw it and wanted to buy one.
She understands the situation and is willing to do whatever she has to in order to make it work. She doesn't want to lose TS and she doesn't want to get into PC and have it taken away either. So she realizes she has to keep them separate.

RebelChef said:
Ok, I have a question. When it says 'including any products made personally by me', what about the batter bowl mixes? Would that be included as well? Or is that allowed because of the product being sold with it? Sorry to get a bit off track here, but it made me wonder.
The BB mixes are PC recipes, and you are selling them in a PC product - so I don't see any issues there.

Pampered Chef has given us the BB mix idea. They advise using it as a demo to encourage others to make them and give as gifts. Making them up and selling them is not an issue as long as the consultant isn't marking the price above the actual cost. We can always tell guests that the cost of the ingredients are $xx and add that cost to that of the small batter bowl and if they would like we will put the gifts together for them. No issues there.

If you are participating in a craft fair and have a craft table (not a PC table) and have made some gifts with PC products I don't see the conflict either. Or as has been said, a TS table using PC products or a PC table using TS products. You just can't be "representing" more than one at a time. You can also have your catalog or business card available if someone asks about the PC products that you are using so that you can get future business.

1. Can a husband sign up for TS and PC?

Yes, husbands are welcome to sign up as consultants for both The Pampered Chef (PC) and Tastefully Simple (TS).

2. Do husbands need to have cooking or sales experience to join TS and PC?

No, prior experience is not required to become a consultant for TS and PC. Our training programs will provide you with all the necessary skills to run a successful business.

3. Can a husband and wife both sign up as consultants for TS and PC?

Yes, both spouses can sign up as consultants for TS and PC. This can be a great opportunity for couples to work together and build a successful business.

4. Are there any specific requirements for husbands to join TS and PC?

There are no specific requirements for husbands to join TS and PC. As long as you are over 18 years old and have a passion for cooking and selling, you are welcome to join our team.

5. Can husbands earn the same benefits and rewards as wives in TS and PC?

Yes, all consultants, regardless of gender, have the same opportunity to earn rewards and benefits in TS and PC. Your success in the business depends on your dedication and hard work.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sassypip
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Biscotti
  • vhadley
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
MHouting
  • chefheidi2003