• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Ideas for 'Did You Know' Cards at Your Shows?

In summary, the "Getting to Yes" CD with Jillian Eisenberg and Julie Sittner has Jillian mentioning that she uses "Did you Know" cards at her shows. Apparently, she passes them out or puts them in the guest folders and uses them then to fill in "dead air" during her shows with information about hosting, products, and recruiting.
Chefstover2
I recently got the "Getting to Yes" CD with Jillian Eisenberg & Julie Sittner and Jillian mentioned she uses "Did you Know" cards at her shows...evidently she passes them out or puts them in the guest folders and uses them then to fill in "dead air" during her shows with information about hosting, products and recruiting.

I love this since I often have dead air during my shows and I totally space out on what I should be talking about! I've made up a bunch for my folders but have run out of ideas. I even e-mailed Jillian (she gives her e-mail address on the CD), but haven't heard back from her.

Does anyone use these? Any suggestions on some good hosting and recruiting things to put on them?

Kristen

I'd love to know about this too.

I have heard about this, but have not seen the cards. I am pretty interested in seeing this too.

If you go to the files section & type in Did you know a bunch of them come up.....:chef:

Ginger428 said:
If you go to the files section & type in Did you know a bunch of them come up.....:chef:

I was going to mention this. I found mine here. I printed them off on cardstock. I haven't used them since summer, but I may start again in January because what I've used in place of them doesn't seem to be working! I use lap boards & put them in the back of that. I would keep twixits in my apron pocket & when there was dead air, I'd ask someone to read theirs. When they did, I threw them a twixit as a thank you. Most people read them just for a free gift!

i'm definitely going to look into this too, i noticed that at my last show i actually had TOO MUCH dead air. i have to do something about that

Thanks, Ginger...now I've got some more to add to my collection. I'll post what I have so far...I've been printing mine on 5X7 cards (they feed right into my printer like an envelope).

Kristen

Attachments

• Did you Know.doc
    29 KB · Views: 567
Chefstover2 said:
Thanks, Ginger...now I've got some more to add to my collection. I'll post what I have so far...I've been printing mine on 5X7 cards (they feed right into my printer like an envelope).

Kristen

Thanks....they look GREAT!:D

Thank you ChefStover3. Those cards are great. I have used cards about products. I have the guests read the benefits and uses of the product. It is a fun way to get your guests to interact. I'm going to incorporate the did you know at my January Shows. I want recruits!!

Chefstover2 said:

Kristen

I opended yoru document and read the did you know cards...what is a pairs and spares party? (I'm newer to PC so I have no clue about soooo much) :)

These are great!!! I am going to start using these immediately. I have some of those cards lying around and not using them, so now I have a use for them. Thanks for posting. I am also curious about the pairs and spares party too. I don't think I have heard of that theme show.

I'm guessing since it mentions men that it's a couples show... with spouses or significant others.. thus the pairs and spares? Can't wait to hear the details

Kitchen Diva said:
I opended yoru document and read the did you know cards...what is a pairs and spares party? (I'm newer to PC so I have no clue about soooo much) :)

I recently started doing couples shows, since more and more of the guests are saying their husbands are doing the cooking. The most fun I had was when there were a BUNCH of steps in the recipe. I'd have everyone rate themselves in the kitchen (10= Martha Stewart, 1=I'd rather sell my body to science than walk into a kitchen). I'd pair an "over 5" with an "under 5" to do a step in the recipe. The guys got a kick out of using the Mandoline and grill tools (this was an August show).

I call it my "pairs and spares" show because I don't want anyone not to come just 'cause they can't bring (or don't have) a partner.

Kristen

(I'm Carolyn's PC Buddy!)

I use these at all my shows and everybody loves them. I have a set for each season. I have them on card stock and then laminated. They are a lot of fun!
:sing:

Thank you Kristian, I printed them all out, that was very helpful:)

thanks, Kristen! I needed these :thumbup:

Thanks Kristen--this is a great idea--I sooo need something to fill in that dead air time!!!!;):eek::):thumbup:

Thanks for sharing!

Call me crazy, but I am not getting how this works? When you have dead air, you ask them to read the card and someone answers????

Yes, you might say... "Karen is there something on your mind?" :) Of course you tell them ahead of time, it can be really funny as some do some great acting.

Cards are posted on this thread.... bumping in case someone wants to use them.

1. What are "Did You Know? Cards"?

"Did You Know? Cards" are informational cards that come with certain Pampered Chef products. They contain fun facts, tips, and recipes related to the product.

2. How do I use "Did You Know? Cards"?

Simply read the card to learn interesting facts and helpful tips about the product. You can also try out the recipes featured on the card.

3. Can I request specific "Did You Know? Cards" with my purchase?

Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee specific cards as they are randomly distributed with products. However, we do offer a variety of cards with each product to ensure a fun and informative experience.

4. Are "Did You Know? Cards" available for all Pampered Chef products?

Yes, most Pampered Chef products come with a "Did You Know? Card" that is specific to that product. However, some products may not have a card included.

5. Can I collect "Did You Know? Cards" from different products?

Yes, you can collect "Did You Know? Cards" from different products. They make great conversation starters at parties and can also be used as educational tools for kids.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• baychef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
cincychef
  • Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • ChefBeckyD