• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pampered Chef Consultancy: Why Did You Decide To Become One?

In summary, the conversation was about one person's experience becoming a PC consultant and how they initially didn't have any interest in hosting or attending parties but ended up falling in love with the products and becoming a successful consultant. They also shared how their life circumstances changed and PC was able to adapt to their needs. The conversation also touches on a friend who used to be a consultant but is now a supportive host, as well as the absence of another person named Caroline.
stacywhitlow
Hi! I have a quick question for you. What made you decide to become a PC consultant? I just came across an epinion (I think it was that) about how you loved the products but would NEVER become a consultant. Just curious since I have a few fence sitters. I thought you might be able to help me.

Thanks!

Oh Stacy - I'm not Caroline - but can I tell you my story???

I'm not Stacy but I only live a couple hours away from her ... you can tell me Becky! :)

do tell!!!!

You'd think she has kids or a family or home based business or something... sheesh! :) :) :)

Here is my story!:D

I was someone who "didn't do parties" I had never hosted a home sales party, and I didn't go to them either - I DID order from the catalog when someone had a PC party, because I had fallen in love with the stoneware, and also the spice blends.....but I had never been to a party. Until the day that one of my best friends had the audacity to become a PC consultant, and ask me (of all people!) to host one of her first shows! Kicking and Screaming, I finally agreed, but let her know she was going to owe me BIG ~ and for a long time!

I sent out maybe 20 invitations...and 12 people RSVP'd!:eek: I had made a table full of food, I bought preshredded cheese, and I didn't make follow-up calls to anyone - so not your model host!:rolleyes:

At that time, SA was brand new, and there was a deal where if you hosted a show, you could get it all for 50% off ~ but in my host packet, my friend had also put a flier stating that if you signed up and did 6 shows, you could get it all for free. I had fallen in love with SA, and I really wanted most of the stuff in the Super Starter kit - and I could use kit credit, and get it for $50.....so I thought "how hard can it be to do 6 shows - Piper is doing it!" (she was single, had a very busy work and social life, and practically lived out of her car!) and I signed up! My goal was to do 6 shows and get out - that was it!

However, I discovered I LOVED doing shows! I decided to continue doing it as a hobby, because I loved my full time job, and was actually fulfilling a life-long dream with that job. However, about 1 year after I started selling PC as a hobby, I learned that dreams can change in an instant! My dream changed when I had a positive pregnancy test. Then I had a very rough pregnancy (bedrest last 4 months) and a premature baby. All of a sudden, I needed a job that would allow me to be home with my son, but still allow for a creative outlet, and income to help with the family budget. I thought about it, and realized that I already had a job that allowed for all of that. So, PC went from 1-2 shows a month, up to where it is today at 9-12 shows a month!

I have loved the reality that no matter what I wanted to gain from PC, I have been able to shape this job to be what I need it to be. When I just needed a fun hobby, I had one! When I needed it to be a JOB with income coming in, I was able to make it into that too.

Oh - and my friend Piper? She got married, decided she didn't want to sell PC anymore, and is now one of my best hosts and supporters! She does 2 shows a year, and always comes up with bookings and new contacts for me!

Awesome story, Becky!!!:) :) Isn't funny how things work out???

Thanks SO much for sharing! It is SO great to hear everyone's stories!

I love to hear everyones stories! EVERYONE has a story!

Great story Becky~you are inspiring!

And where is Carolyn anyway?

Do you suppose she WORKING? :) I need to get busy myself but I'm just not too motivated this morning. I'm having too much fun here today!

Thanks! I was a HO lead so not sure what to do with someone not quite ready yet. When I signed, I didn't own PC, had never even been to a show. Friends mentioned it so I checked it out. I decided to do it, then signed. If they could all be like me!

lacychef said:
Great story Becky~you are inspiring!

And where is Carolyn anyway?

Sorry!! One of the wonderful things about my job is that I can make my own schedule and today my son had a field trip - so I went with him :) I love this job!

Anyway - how cool to have a thread with my name on it!
My story is not your typical one...when I used to host shows (back when I wrote that epinion) I was married to my ex-DH. He makes a lot of money so back then I didn't have any reason to work. My job was being a SAHM. I went to the mall, the nail salon, got facials, massages, drove a fancy car and carried a very expensive handbag. I hosted shows cuz I loved the products, enjoyed entertaining, and loved freebies. My consultant always offered me the opportunity but why work if I didn't have to, ya know? I always told her I loved getting referrals and orders for her but if I *had* to do it it would not be fun anymore.
Then...one day...I was getting divorced. I had a 4yo and a 15 month old and was dead set against putting them in day care.
I was at the park one day with the kids and saw a minivan with a Body Shop magnet on it. I called up and ordered their consultant kit and POOF I was gonna sell The Body Shop. I was all excited...until I realized I knew nothing about the products and nobody wanted to have a party since they could buy the stuff at the mall. I called my PC consultant and basically told her "You owe me...I did great shows with you - now u have to do one for me" She said "Of course I'll host a BS show for you" and then asked why I chose BS and never asked ehr abour joining PC. I told her the thing that drew me was that BS is a consumable and PC is not. BS was new and PC was "saturated" in the area (this cracks me up now - LOL). So anyway - we talked some more and within a few hours I was signing with PC...the rest is history - LOL

what a cool story Carolyn - not the circumstances, but you know what I mean!

:thumbup: Thanks!

of course she forgot to mention she found out she had to touch people's feet and quickly changed her mind!!

ChefLoriG said:
of course she forgot to mention she found out she had to touch people's feet and quickly changed her mind!!

Well yeah - that was a HUGE part of it...I could have gotten away with NOT touching their feet - but no matter what I would have had to wash skanky foot tubs after they'd soaked their gnarly feet in them & that was enough for me...:yuck:

yep, I'd much rather touch people's food than their feet!:chef:

me too! Never been to a BS party or even seen their products. I didn't know it was like that.

stacywhitlow said:
me too! Never been to a BS party or even seen their products. I didn't know it was like that.

Many DS parties are BS parties! :) He-he...

I think you're right! Not PC of course.

What inspired you to become a Pampered Chef consultant?

I have always been passionate about cooking and trying new kitchen gadgets. When I came across Pampered Chef and their high-quality products, I knew I wanted to be a part of their team. I love the idea of helping others improve their cooking skills and making their lives easier in the kitchen.

What sets Pampered Chef apart from other direct sales companies?

Pampered Chef not only offers exceptional products, but also provides a strong support system for their consultants. They offer training, marketing materials, and a community of like-minded individuals to help you succeed. Additionally, the company has a strong focus on giving back and making a positive impact in the world.

How do you earn money as a Pampered Chef consultant?

As a consultant, you earn money through product sales and hosting cooking shows. You also have the opportunity to build a team and earn commissions from their sales. Pampered Chef also offers bonuses and incentives for reaching certain goals and milestones.

What do you enjoy most about being a Pampered Chef consultant?

I love the flexibility of being a consultant and being able to set my own schedule. I also enjoy meeting new people and sharing my love for cooking and Pampered Chef products with them. It's also incredibly rewarding to see my customers and team members improve their cooking skills and achieve their goals through this business.

What kind of support and training does Pampered Chef provide for their consultants?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of training resources, including online training modules, live training sessions, and one-on-one coaching. They also provide marketing materials, a personal website, and a community of consultants who are always willing to offer support and advice. Additionally, the company hosts annual conferences and events for networking and further training opportunities.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Rochelle Miller
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Genia Roman
  • pchef2006
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
agw
  • Trish1953