• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Not a Consultant yet and Already a Recruit?

In summary, a group of friends are discussing starting a PC business in January. One friend is excited about the products and the flexibility it will provide, and is planning to recruit her other friend who is looking for extra income and enjoys cooking. They discuss the possibility of signing up in December to take advantage of a special promotion that extends the time frame for earning rewards. The group decides to sign up around December 25th to maximize their rewards and benefits.
ChefJoyJ
Hi all! As you probably know, I'm planning on starting my business in Jan...Jan 1 to be exact. lol I was talking to my dear friend about my (soon to be new) PC business and how excited I am about it. The great products, the ability to plan my own hours, still stay home with DD, party while at work :D, helping others spend less time in the kitchen and more time with their families...etc, etc. Anyway, I told her I immediately thought of her when I knew I was starting my business for 2 reasons - 1) b/c I'd love to help her earn free, 1/2 price, and discounted products since I know she loves to cook, and 2) b/c I know she's looking for a way to earn extra money and would love to be able to work from home.

She wants more info and is thinking about signing up! :D Of course, not until the new year (yeah for me!) and she also said that she would like to hit the ground running (like I'm doing). So, can I sign up on Jan 1 and have a new recruit on Jan 2? What will HO say? Will they look at it weird?

Oh, and she's debating on hosting a show first (so that she gets FPV credit) towards her kit. Obviously, if she does that, then she won't sign on the second...plus, one more party for me in Jan - that would make 5!

So what do I do? Can I continue recruiting even though I'm not a consultant yet? The only reason I'm not signed already is b/c of the short Dec and the holidays - too many people already had prior commitments and I couldn't get people to commit to hosting in Dec. :( So excited about my (soon to be new) PC business and can't wait to get started!!

Yes of course you can!!! You are on track! Keep up the good work!

Also, you may want to consider signing in December (even if it's late December) because they are now doing the special promotion -

For December Recruits ...
New Consultant Rewards Program
Extended for December Recruits
Consultants who join in December will have an additional 30 days to earn rewards:
120 days for their New Consultant Rewards Program
60 days to earn bonus rewards

Then you would have even more time to earn bonus rewards instead of the traditional 90 and 30 days. Just a thought - maybe you should ask your director to be about it.

Gina M said:
Also, you may want to consider signing in December (even if it's late December) because they are now doing the special promotion -

For December Recruits ...
New Consultant Rewards Program
Extended for December Recruits
Consultants who join in December will have an additional 30 days to earn rewards:
120 days for their New Consultant Rewards Program
60 days to earn bonus rewards

Then you would have even more time to earn bonus rewards instead of the traditional 90 and 30 days. Just a thought - maybe you should ask your director to be about it.

Wow - I didn't know about that. I'll definitely have to ask her about it! Does it mean that instead of 30 days to earn my bonus PC bucks, I'll get 60? And instead of 90 days to earn PC bucks, I"ll get 120? Wow! This company is fantastic!! :love: Can I sign Dec 29/30/31 and still get this promotion?

Did not know that either!

It came in an email today entitled December Rewards for you and your new recruits - the way I read it is if you sign any time in December - definitely would benefit you Joy!

Joy - what I would suggest you do is sign around December 25th. As soon as you get your consultant number, have your friend sign up before the end of December. Find another person to sign with her before the end of December and you'll immediately be a FD, earn $100 in cash, get 50 free catalogs and $100 off Leadership registration (if you want to and can go). Of course, there is also the extended PC$ promo!

cmdtrgd said:
Joy - what I would suggest you do is sign around December 25th. As soon as you get your consultant number, have your friend sign up before the end of December. Find another person to sign with her before the end of December and you'll immediately be a FD, earn $100 in cash, get 50 free catalogs and $100 off Leadership registration (if you want to and can go). Of course, there is also the extended PC$ promo!

I was thinking the same thing. That's what I'd do! Definitely sign up at the end of December, even if your first shows are in January. You could still do your friend's show if she joins in Dec. I had my kickoff planned for Jun 2, but I got too excited to wait to join & joined May 25 (& still had my recruiter do my kickoff).

cmdtrgd said:

Wow - I hadn't thought of that! Starting off my business as a FD - what a way to do it! :) I'll talk to her again and also start recruiting hard btw now and end of Dec (obviously after too...).

pamperedgirl3 said:
I was thinking the same thing. That's what I'd do! Definitely sign up at the end of December, even if your first shows are in January. You could still do your friend's show if she joins in Dec. I had my kickoff planned for Jun 2, but I got too excited to wait to join & joined May 25 (& still had my recruiter do my kickoff).

If I did her show after she joined, she wouldn't get FPV towards her kit, would she? That was the main reason she wanted me to do it. I chose not to host a show with my recruiter/director to get the FPV, b/c I knew I could get bookings on my own and if I did my own grand opening show (with the same people I'd have invited to the other show), I would also get the commisionable sales...plus any bookings from that! :p

What great ideas ladies! That's why I love this forum! Now I have a goal to start my business as a FD - how amazing would that be?? :love:

Make sure you have your Consultant Number before your recruit signs...she'll need that to get started. Start talking with your recruiter/director about your personal recruit. You'll both want to get started training ASAP so you'll both be successful! Have you scheduled your first shows yet?

Sounds like your off to great start already! Congrats!

ChefJoyJ said:
Wow - I hadn't thought of that! Starting off my business as a FD - what a way to do it! :) I'll talk to her again and also start recruiting hard btw now and end of Dec (obviously after too...).

If I did her show after she joined, she wouldn't get FPV towards her kit, would she? That was the main reason she wanted me to do it. I chose not to host a show with my recruiter/director to get the FPV, b/c I knew I could get bookings on my own and if I did my own grand opening show (with the same people I'd have invited to the other show), I would also get the commisionable sales...plus any bookings from that! :p

What great ideas ladies! That's why I love this forum! Now I have a goal to start my business as a FD - how amazing would that be?? :love:

But if you helped her do her kickoff show with her as the consultant, she will probably make more money for commission than the kit credit ($500 show = $100 commission compared to $20 or $40 kit credit). She can also use the host benefits to help stock her kit with more stuff too. Plus, she would have 1 show under her belt to help her qualify and earn free PC dollars.

wadesgirl said:
But if you helped her do her kickoff show with her as the consultant, she will probably make more money for commission than the kit credit ($500 show = $100 commission compared to $20 or $40 kit credit). She can also use the host benefits to help stock her kit with more stuff too. Plus, she would have 1 show under her belt to help her qualify and earn free PC dollars.

Okay - get it now...help her do the show...but technically she's the consultant and host...I'm just there to help and for support, right? (sorry, my mind was still stuck on her hosting a show first to get kit credit)

ChefJoyJ said:
Okay - get it now...help her do the show...but technically she's the consultant and host...I'm just there to help and for support, right? (sorry, my mind was still stuck on her hosting a show first to get kit credit)

Yeah, both of you will get so much more out of it than if she hosted a show first before signing.

Consultants can host their own shows, you just don't get the booking benefit, 10% past host discount and no commission on the unlimited discount items on the host order. Otherwise, it works all the same!

Since you will still be new, you may want to see if your recruiter/upline director will be there also. I know my director doesn't have new recruits train their own new recruits, she considers that her job.

sigh...hubby told her not right now... :(

oh well - there are other people who will benefit from the business and another, better, time for her!

ChefJoyJ said:
sigh...hubby told her not right now... :(

oh well - there are other people who will benefit from the business and another, better, time for her!
WHY??? It sounds like she would have a great chance of starting off just like you! No offense to anyone but I really hate when NEGATIVE husbands get involved. Of course there could always be other reasons.

chefkristin said:
WHY??? It sounds like she would have a great chance of starting off just like you! No offense to anyone but I really hate when NEGATIVE husbands get involved. Of course there could always be other reasons.

There are. She quit teaching back at the end of school b/c after 7 years, she was burnt out and no longer enjoyed it. She hasn't had worked since then, and our last paychecks came at the end of Aug. (I also resigned to be a SAHM to my daughter). He would rather she get a PT job to bring in a regular paycheck to start off with and if she still is interested, then they will talk about it (and she'll do it, if I know her husband). But right now, he wants to begin to fill back up their bank account and get some padding, then she can try PC and if she likes it and is successful, leave her PT job and do it FT.

On the topic of negative husbands...mine doesn't believe I can make money with PC. :( Because I know I can (and I want to keep being a SAHM), I made a deal with him - he gives me a chance, and supports me 100% (no negative comments) and I will show him I can succeed! He agreed and the deal is that I can have until May (or summer) to prove what I can do...if I can't make enough to make my car payment and the insurance for it (that's it!!), then I'll have to get a PT (or FT) job myself. He loves the fact that I'm staying at home with Emily, but she had to have surgery with 2 hospital stays and tons of tests (back in August), which ate up what we had saved to pad our account, so he's feeling some financial stress. I *know* I can do it - and have some serious motivation to succeed (b/c I love being a SAHM).

I think that after she gets a PT job and pads their account some, he'll agree (and she'll see how easy and fun it is from me - plus can point to me to show her hubby). Just a bit disappointed, but I know it's not her time. Soon though! :D

What is the meaning of "Not a Consultant yet and Already a Recruit"?

"Not a Consultant yet and Already a Recruit" refers to someone who has not yet officially become a consultant for a company or organization, but has been recruited or approached for a potential consulting role.

How does one become a consultant?

To become a consultant, one typically needs to have expertise and experience in a specific field or industry. They may also need to network and market themselves to potential clients or companies. Some consultants may also need to obtain certifications or licenses, depending on their area of expertise.

What are the benefits of becoming a consultant?

There are several benefits to becoming a consultant, including the ability to have more control over your schedule and workload, the potential for higher earnings, the opportunity to work with a variety of clients and projects, and the ability to use your expertise and skills to solve problems and make a positive impact.

What are some common challenges faced by consultants?

Some common challenges faced by consultants include managing a fluctuating workload, dealing with uncertain income, constantly networking and marketing oneself, and maintaining a work-life balance. Additionally, consultants may also face challenges in navigating client relationships and meeting their expectations.

Is it possible to become a successful consultant without prior experience or expertise?

While prior experience and expertise can certainly be beneficial, it is possible to become a successful consultant without them. Some individuals may have transferable skills and knowledge that can be applied to a consulting role, and others may be able to gain experience and expertise through networking, mentorship, and on-the-job learning. However, it is important to continually develop and improve one's skills and knowledge to be a successful consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• makeawhisk
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies
Views
pcjenr
  • Sheila
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies