• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recruiting for Direct Sales: FAQs for Pregnant Stay-at-Home Moms

In summary, my November host mentioned doing shows without a computer and having a baby. I talked to her about it and she seems interested. I think she will be able to do the first 4 shows without a computer, but she will need to be able to find time each day to work on the business. She is six months pregnant so I think it will be hard for her to lift heavy weights, but she said she is willing to try. My recruiter was ready to sign at 8 months pregnant and she did. I would advise not telling her too much information at first, let her present objections and trouble shoot around them.
mpkegley
I talked with one of my November hosts last night and she brought up the biz to me. We ended up talking for a long time about it and I really think she is interested. Here are my questions, first off - I don't think she has a computer, so how hard is it to do submit shows and stuff without a computer? She isn't working right now, so she wouldn't be able to access one at work either.

Next question, she is 6 months pregnant. So for all of you who are pregnant or have been pregnant while doing shows, etc - how hard is it to get started when you can't lift?

She really wants to be a stay at home Mom when the baby is born, so I want to give her as much good honest info that I can. I don't have any recruits yet, so I am kind of at a loss. Usually when I talk to someone they are definate "No's" and this girl seems to be really interested. Help!!!

She doesn't need a computer. She can send shows in via mail.

As far as being pregnant, I just signed someone that is 5 months along. Each person/pregnancy is different.

Is she ready to sign? If so, don't find ways for her not to succeed. All you need to do is give the basics of the business. She can find out the other on her own. Too much info will scare her away. Answer her questions honestly but always put the ball back in her court.

Good luck!

I had no problem lifting or doing anything while I was pregnant...it was my 3rd. I did have many hosts offer to help me with my stuff, but I only brought what I used for the recipe and maybe the next month's host special...that was it! My 1st show after baby was a little less than 2 weeks later.

I agree with Stacy...let her present objections and trouble shoot around them. My recruiter was 100% ready to sign at 8 months pregnant and did. You say she really wants to be a stay home mom - she sounds ready to give it shot so don't over talk this!

Help her see how she can do this:
ask what her financial needs are?
does she need insurance?
will she be able to carve a little time each day to work on the business?
when can she do her first 4 shows?
when does she want her 1st paycheck?

missyciccolella said:
I had no problem lifting or doing anything while I was pregnant...it was my 3rd. I did have many hosts offer to help me with my stuff, but I only brought what I used for the recipe and maybe the next month's host special...that was it! My 1st show after baby was a little less than 2 weeks later.

I agree with Stacy...let her present objections and trouble shoot around them. My recruiter was 100% ready to sign at 8 months pregnant and did. You say she really wants to be a stay home mom - she sounds ready to give it shot so don't over talk this!

Help her see how she can do this:
ask what her financial needs are?
does she need insurance?
will she be able to carve a little time each day to work on the business?
when can she do her first 4 shows?
when does she want her 1st paycheck?

She seems really interested, she said she is going to talk to her fiance about it and see who can do her first 4 shows. We did talk about financial needs and some other stuff too. So, I am thinking that she will do it. I am just over analyzing everything for her, I guess. Just don't want to tell her something wrong! Thanks for your advice and I will let you know what she does. If anyone else has advice for me - go ahead! Like I said before, this would be my first recruit, so I am getting nervous and excited!!

What is the purpose of asking recruiting questions?

Recruiting questions are asked to gather information about a potential candidate's qualifications, experience, and fit for a specific job. This information helps the recruiter or hiring manager make an informed decision about whether the candidate is a good fit for the role.

What are some common recruiting questions?

Common recruiting questions include asking about a candidate's previous work experience, skills, strengths and weaknesses, availability, salary expectations, and reasons for leaving their current job.

How should I prepare for recruiting questions?

To prepare for recruiting questions, it is important to thoroughly research the company and the job role. You should also review your resume and be ready to discuss your previous work experience, skills, and qualifications. Practice answering common interview questions to feel more confident and prepared.

What are some tips for answering recruiting questions?

Some tips for answering recruiting questions include being honest and specific in your responses, highlighting your relevant skills and experience, and providing concrete examples to back up your answers. It is also important to listen carefully to the question and take a moment to gather your thoughts before answering.

Are there any questions I should avoid asking during the recruitment process?

Yes, there are some questions that are considered inappropriate to ask during the recruitment process. These include questions about a candidate's age, marital status, religion, or disability. It is also not appropriate to ask about a candidate's plans for starting a family or any personal financial information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJen2012
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Oracle
  • Mel92504
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Mel92504
  • Careyann