• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do You Share Your Paychecks and 1099 Forms at Shows?

In summary, Kristin shared that she has a friend who recruits Lia Sophia and her tip was sharing her 1099 form in order to entice potential recruits. Do any of you share your paychecks or 1099 forms with guests at shows and if so how does that work for you? Also, how do you present this item at your show? Any tips about this would be great!Kristin shared that she has a friend who recruits Lia Sophia and her tip was sharing her 10
missyciccolella
I talked with a friend who sells Lia Sophia (and does VERY well recruiting and in sales) and her tip was sharing her 1099 form in order to entice potential recruits. Do any of you share your paychecks or 1099 forms with guests at shows and if so how does that work for you? Also, how do you present this item at your show? Any tips about this would be great!

I keep a copy of a commision statement in my booking binder, under the "help wanted" tab. Can't say it's helped or not but people are suprised when they see it.I have the # of shows & month end $ highlighted with a little blurb of many hours I actually worked I don't really do the recruiting "talk" but if I did I would pull it out then.

I attended a Lia Sophia show where the consultant passed around her paychecks......and was genuinely turned off by it. But then, I was turned off by her whole presentation. The most high pressured booking/recruiting spiel I have ever been subjected to, and I took a ton of notes on what not to do at my own shows.

Talk about High Pressure recruiting! Try having The Body Shop party. UUGGHH!!!
They are awful!!

When I talk to anyone who is interested in the biz and they ask how much I make I tell them and I also offer to show them my commission statements if they are interested. I don't pass them around at shows though.

chefkristin said:
Talk about High Pressure recruiting! Try having The Body Shop party. UUGGHH!!!
They are awful!!

You know better than to even get me started on THIS one Kristin - LOL

dannyzmom said:
You know better than to even get me started on THIS one Kristin - LOL
Okay you two, now I am curious! I have a regular hostess who used to be a Body Shop consultant.....and we have had several discussions about selling PC. She has expressed some interest, but her past experience has sorta soured her to home sales.....so, from your experience, what am I up against?

I have a recruiting binder which has all kinds of things in it since I started with the biz, and I do have my first commission statement in there and one from when I became a Future...people are impressed to see what I actually made and how many or little shows I did to earn it.

I have my first two commission statements from when I became a consultant in my recruiting binder that I send around at shows. When I begin to talk about the binder, I flip through it and mention a few things they should see when it gets around to them. I do tell the guests that it's in there and say, "Here are two commission statements from when I started as a consultant. I am a director now so you'll need to use your math skills because now I earn about 2 1/2 times that each month..."

Thanks for the tips. My friend (Lia Sophia Lady) moved to VA in Jan 2007 and had recruited something crazy like 20 people by September. I asked what she did to recruit so many and she passes her 1099 around and says she signs 1-2 people at every show with that. She doesn't do the show numbers that I do, but her team is pretty big.
I know she makes a lot of money:
1. she said her team - all lines - in Utah is about 2200
2. her husband works the biz with her as his f/t job too

I was curious if any of you were doing this and how it worked for you. I know some other consultants have done this to show PC can be a f/t job/salary. I'm only doing 6-8 shows a month and haven't shared a check in long time...I might put it in my why bag and see what happens.
Thanks!

I have a copy of a commission statement in my why bag that I pass around. The guests are quite shocked to learn that I can make that will little effort. Not sure how well it works though. I am just now a FD.

1. What is the purpose of sharing paychecks/1099 forms?

The purpose of sharing paychecks/1099 forms is to provide documentation of the income earned by an individual or business, which is used for tax purposes.

2. When should I share my paychecks/1099 forms?

You should share your paychecks/1099 forms when filing your annual tax return or when requested by a government agency, such as the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).

3. Do I need to share my paychecks/1099 forms with my employer/client?

No, you do not need to share your paychecks/1099 forms with your employer or client. These forms are for your personal tax records and should only be shared with the appropriate government agencies or tax preparer.

4. What information is included in a paycheck/1099 form?

A paycheck typically includes the employee's name, address, Social Security number, earnings for the pay period, taxes withheld, and other deductions. A 1099 form includes the payer's name, address, tax identification number, and the amount paid to the recipient for the year.

5. How can I obtain a copy of my paychecks/1099 forms?

If you are an employee, you can obtain a copy of your paychecks from your employer. If you are an independent contractor, you can request a copy of your 1099 form from the payer. You can also access these forms online through your employer or client's payroll or accounting system.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • Niki Kate
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • pamperedchef.jinni