• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Where to Draw Line With This Possible Recruit?

be more hands on. Work with her to get her lined up and doing what she needs to do in order to make sure she has the success she desires.
sailortena
Ok, there is this girl I have been talking to since her show in February. She has been interested in signing and just didn't have the money together to get the kit. She didn't want to use FPV in her show in Feb. to discount the kit.

Fast forward a few months ... I keep inviting her every month to attend a training meeting, and she does attend our fall kickoff and is very excited and wants to sign but needs to get money together. She decides to have a catalog show to earn FPV to earn the kit.

A month goes by, she has no orders for her cattie show, and says everyone who she talks to would rather have a party instead of just order. (I'm thinking, well sign already and have parties with them!)

Then a few weeks ago she calls me and says that a woman with another DS company wants to have a party with her, and she panicked because she wasn't a consultant yet and wondered what she could do.

I tell her, we can have this as a training party for her, she can co-host, add orders to the woman's show and can use shared benefits to get the kit discount and can also get bookings from this show to move her business along. She would have to work the party with me, of course.

A couple of days later the host calls me and we set a date, do some host coaching, everything relationship-wise with this host is great. She is planning on a big crowd to attend. I call my recruit lead and leave a message and tell her about it.

I don't hear from her in three weeks. I call her every week. No response. Finally I hear from her Sunday. She's like "I meant to call you back ...." she will be working the party with me. I tell her she needs to get some outside orders to contribute to the show, because it wouldn't be fair for the other host to do all the work and share benefits without my recruit doing anything. She says she is fine with that.

I talk to her (recruit) today and she says she has no orders at all to contribute. I tell her to bring her calendar and mark the days she wants to do parties in the next couple of months because we get most of our bookings at shows. She says she doesn't know at all when she will be able to book parties because she doesn't know yet when she will sign, even after this party. It could be this month, next year, whatever. :confused:

She says she wants bookings, and then she asked how we were going to split commission if she works the party with me! :grumpy: I explained it doesn't quite work that way and she doesn't get paid by PC until she becomes a consultant.

Now my question is this ... what the heck am I supposed to do? My host tells me that she has already collected almost $300 in outside orders, and plans on having 30 people at her show! I have several dates I want to fill in November and December for myself, but I told this possible recruit that she can get bookings from this party ... but how am I supposed to do that when she doesn't even know when she is going to sign up???!?

I don't want to seem greedy, or whatever, but I don't know. My director says she won't make it in the business at all if she doesn't call people back in a timely manner. (She doesn't have a computer or real Internet access, either.)

What to do? :cry:

Tell her that you need to provide good customer service for the guests. Good customer service is getting a date on the calendar. You would be happy for those bookings to be hers, but she has to sign when the show closes in order to get them.On another note, I think you need to sit down with her and bluntly ask what is keeping her from signing - THEN SHUT YO MOUTH! Let her do most of the talking even when it is awkward.

Ya, what Kate said.

You can also let her know that you were under the impression that she was signing with the close of this show and if she is not ready to do it, you will go ahead and keep the bookings. Kate hit the nail on the head with the customer service thing though. That is a great way to word it.

If you do it all for her what will she need to do? You've pretty much handed her a ready made business and she's still not doing what she needs to do. I say it is time to move on!! Let her know that you'll be more than ready to help her when she is truly ready. Right now doesn't sound like a good time. AND like Kate said, ask her why she's hesitating, and shut up!

What should I consider when deciding where to draw the line with a potential recruit?

When considering where to draw the line with a possible recruit, there are a few key factors to keep in mind. First, think about your company's values and culture and whether this person aligns with them. Additionally, consider any red flags or concerns that may have come up during the recruitment process, such as a history of problematic behavior or a lack of qualifications for the role. Finally, think about the potential impact this person could have on your team and company as a whole.

How can I determine if a recruit's past actions or behavior should be a cause for concern?

To determine if a potential recruit's past actions or behavior should be a cause for concern, you can conduct thorough background checks, check references, and ask specific questions during interviews. It's also important to trust your instincts and take note of any red flags that may arise during the recruitment process.

What are some potential consequences of not drawing a line with a questionable recruit?

If you do not draw a line with a questionable recruit, it could lead to negative impacts on your team and company. This person may not align with your company's values and culture, which could create tension and disrupt team dynamics. Additionally, their past problematic behavior could resurface and cause harm to your company's reputation. It could also result in legal issues if their actions violate company policies or laws.

How can I communicate the line to a potential recruit without causing conflict or turning them away?

When communicating the line to a potential recruit, it's important to be clear and direct while also remaining respectful. You can explain your company's values and expectations and how their past actions or behavior may not align with them. It's also important to listen to their perspective and give them a chance to address any concerns or explain their past actions. Be open to having a conversation and finding a resolution, but also be prepared to walk away if necessary.

What steps can I take to ensure that I am drawing the line in a fair and unbiased manner?

To ensure that you are drawing the line in a fair and unbiased manner, it's important to have a clear and consistent process in place for evaluating potential recruits. This can include setting specific criteria for qualifications and conducting thorough background checks. It's also important to avoid making assumptions or judgments based on personal biases and to give each candidate a fair chance to prove themselves during the recruitment process.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedbyKaren
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
janezapchef
  • ChefJen2012
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Oracle
  • byrd1956