• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Answering Questions About Pampered Chef for Recruits and Skeptical Spouses

In summary, the Success Factory's email addresses the fear many people have when asked about Pampered Chef - that it may be a pyramid scheme. They explain that the company is not a pyramid scheme and that consultants make money by selling products. They offer a helpful guide on how to address the concerns of friends and family who are unsure about the business.
laylaleigh
How do you answer questions from possible recruits and sometimes their skeptical spouse about PC?

Example, I have been talking to someone about signing up, I see her often and know her personally. (I don't know her husband and all.) Well I was talking to her today and she said "what do you get if I sign up? b/c my husband thinks this is just a pyramid scam."

I explained the benefits of becoming a director and told her that I didn't ask her so that I could make money off of her but b/c I truly feel it is a wonderful business and something that would benefit her life/family.

Any other quick responses? Thanks for the advice. I am really excited to help people with PC and I really want to promote. But at the same time I am VERY new to this!!
Layla

The quick answer is that you don't make anything immediately (which is a lie if you consider the current recruiting promo), but you are paid by HO for training her and sharing your expertise.

I would really focus on how she/they will benefit from doing it. Do some number crunching with her and show her how much she can potentially make, doing very little work...$100 or more on a $500 (which is not hard to do), divided by a few hours of work=$20-25/hr at least! You can't make that at many other part time jobs. Plus, you can show her the numbers on what you would actually make off of her...not much unless she does REALLY well! At least until you become a director.

Besides all the free stuff...PC bucks are awesome!! I earned $300 worth in my first 6 weeks!

One point I really think you tell her is that her commission is never affected by the recruiter on up (so she understands she never pays you for anything). Her pay is her pay and PC pays you for training and other expenses that arise with that training.

Address the pyramid issue - we are not a pyramid scheme and shouldn't even be confused with that. Ask her if you can meet with her hubby to address his concerns as well. Bring numbers and paychecks with you so he can see this is a business opportunity!

By the way, the code of ethics refers DIRECTLY to pyramid schemes!

janetupnorth said:
By the way, the code of ethics refers DIRECTLY to pyramid schemes!
GOOD POINT!

Thanks for the tips. I will see her tomorrow when I take my daughter to gymnastics. I will pass along the website. I had recommended that she do her own research and this looks like a helpful site.

At our Director Retreat, we learned how to answer the husband and pyramid questions!

For the pyramid, the response we were told to use is: "I'm glad you asked! Many people ask that! A pyramid is where you sell and opportunity to sell and opportunity... pyramids don't sell any product. With PC we earn our money on selling products. When we are in management, we do earn a small override on what our downlines sell just like a sales manager generally earns more than his sales staff."

For the husband, tell the potential consultant, "At this point, which one of us knows more about Pampered Chef?" She will say you, the consultant. So we should respond with, "Why don't the three of us get together and I can answer any questions he might have."

Addressing Pyramid Scheme Questions
laylaleigh said:
Example, I have been talking to someone about signing up, I see her often and know her personally. (I don't know her husband and all.) Well I was talking to her today and she said "what do you get if I sign up? b/c my husband thinks this is just a pyramid scam."
want to promote. But at the same time I am VERY new to this!!

I just got an email today from the Success Factory and I thought I would share as it address the dreaded pyramid question! Here you go and I hope it helps:

SUBJECT: “Oh, this is one of those pyramid schemes…right?”

If you are like me, you absolutely CRINGE when those words come out of the mouth of someone you are talking to about the business opportunity. And as a new consultant, just talking to friends about what I was doing was a stretch - much less when one of my closest friends said to me, “You DO know what you are doing is illegal, right?”

I will never forget it. Here I was all excited about my new party plan business - I had a wonderful product and business that I wanted to share with the people in my life who I most cared about and this was the comment from one of my best friends. I can remember feeling shocked, embarrassed, confused AND tongue tied. I stuttered something incoherent like, “Gee, I don't think this company is doing anything illegal - but I guess I don't know. I sure wouldn't have joined if I thought I was doing something wrong…”

Do you know how to respond when someone assumes that your direct sales/party plan business is a “Pyramid Scheme”? Do you know the difference between a legitimate MLM company and a Pyramid Scheme?

Well, it is actually pretty straight forward.

In a pyramid scheme - there is no product involved. Recruiters earn money just for signing other people up. If there is product involved, it changes hands only within the organization - between consultants and consultants are encouraged to order large volumes of inventory - much more than they can ever sell.

In MLM - no money is made just for signing someone up. That person actually has to sell product in order for the recruiter or upline manager to begin earning income.

This is the short version - but in general all you need to know in order to answer someone who questions the legitimacy of your company. If you would like more detailed information on Pyramids - I encourage you to cut and paste the link below:

http://www.ftc.gov/speeches/other/dvimf16.shtm

I got that email, too. I like The Success Factory.I've had to address this issue a few times. Sometimes it's people who are truly concerned that any DS company is questionable or illegal. More often it's just someone who wants to hassle me for one reason or another. Either way, I explain the difference.My son even found himself explaining this to his friend's mom a couple of years ago.Knowledge is power. Ignorance is death.

1. What is Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef is a direct sales company that offers high-quality kitchen tools, cookware, and other kitchen essentials. We specialize in providing innovative and convenient products to make cooking and entertaining easier and more enjoyable.

2. How do I become a Pampered Chef consultant?

To become a Pampered Chef consultant, you can sign up through our website or through a current consultant. You will need to purchase a starter kit, which includes a variety of products and business supplies. You will also have access to training and support to help you succeed in your business.

3. Is there a minimum sales requirement to remain a consultant?

There is no minimum sales requirement to remain a consultant with Pampered Chef. However, to stay active and receive commission, you will need to submit at least $150 in sales every three months.

4. Can I still work full-time while being a Pampered Chef consultant?

Yes, many of our consultants have full-time jobs and still run a successful Pampered Chef business. Our flexible business model allows you to work at your own pace and schedule, making it easy to balance with other commitments.

5. How much can I expect to earn as a Pampered Chef consultant?

Your earnings as a Pampered Chef consultant will depend on your personal efforts and the success of your business. Our commission structure offers up to 25% commission on sales, plus additional bonuses and incentives. The more you sell and recruit, the more you can potentially earn.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Niki Kate
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • ChefJoyJ
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
ChefJoyJ
  • BlessedWifeMommy