• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximize Your Networking Potential: The Power of Business Card Swapping

In summary, Jenny said that the feedback from the cluster meeting was positive and that people were discussing ideas for using the cards in different ways. She also said that market saturation was a concern and that if anyone has feedback on this topic, they would love to hear it.
jlevernier
I'm giving a brief talk tomorrow night at our cluster meeting about the recruiting idea behind the business card swap. Has anyone talked about it at their shows yet? What has the response been? How 'bout, has anyone talked about it at your meetings? Any responses?

Thanks for any updates!

--Jenny L

I'm guessing by the numerous responses that no one has had time to get results from this project yet?

Anyone?

--Jenny L

Okay, here's my update. (I know you have been anxiously waiting!)

Monday at the cluster meeting I handed out index cards and had everyone put on it the reason they joined PC. We have a combined meeting and a number of the ladies had less than 30 days with the business, while others had 9 - 12 years.

To make a long story short, I passed out the pages of business cards, explained why we had done it and how we thought it could be used. The newer gals said if they had seen that they would have been intimidated by it and might not have joined. The older gals thought it would be a great tool for the recruiting interview to help with objections.

What it DID do is start a wonderful discussion about recruiting that seemed to be beneficial to those present. Some suggestions were to use some of the stories on the back of the cards in our presentation during shows, as well as stories from Empowering Women.

Everyone liked the variety on the fronts of the business cards. Which brought up another discussion on the merit of having cards.

All in all, I think the consultant response was positive. (Also, a number of them asked for more info on Chef Success!)

--Jenny L

How could they be intimidated? I don't get it.

I don't understand the intimidation factor either :confused:

It might be a bit overwhelming to read all of them but I would think it'd be something fun to look at. My cards have made it into plastic business card protector sheets but haven't made it to the show yet :eek:

cmdtrgd said:
How could they be intimidated? I don't get it.
Some people are scared by the fact that there might be a consultant in the same neighborhood/city/town and not sign b/c of that. Also, when you see so many cards from different people it might seem like there are too many PC Consultants. I assume they may think there is not enough business to go around. I am totally speculating here!

Hmmm...I liked that I didn't get cards from anyone in my town...I'll need to check, but I believe there wasn't even anyone from my state. That would be something to point out before passing it around. Plus, it shows that we all help each other regardless of area. Figure out the objection and speak it positively before they do!

missyciccolella said:
Some people are scared by the fact that there might be a consultant in the same neighborhood/city/town and not sign b/c of that. Also, when you see so many cards from different people it might seem like there are too many PC Consultants. I assume they may think there is not enough business to go around. I am totally speculating here!

Missy, you're right, it was market saturation they were concerned about. If anyone else has brought these up to cluster members or at a show, I'd love to hear some feedback.

--Jenny L

1. How do I make sure I am networking effectively at events?

Effective networking at events involves being prepared with a well-designed business card, actively engaging in conversations with others, and following up with contacts afterwards.

2. What should I include on my business card for optimal networking?

Your business card should include your name, job title, company name, contact information, and a brief description of what you do. You can also consider adding a logo or a professional headshot.

3. How many business cards should I bring to an event?

It's always a good idea to bring more business cards than you think you will need. You never know how many people you will meet and want to connect with. A good rule of thumb is to bring at least 50 business cards to an event.

4. When is the best time to exchange business cards during a networking event?

The best time to exchange business cards is after you have had a meaningful conversation with someone and have established a potential connection. It's also a good idea to exchange business cards before you move on to another conversation, so you don't forget to do so later.

5. How can I use business card swapping to expand my network?

Business card swapping is a great way to expand your network because it allows you to connect with new people and exchange information quickly and easily. By collecting business cards and following up with contacts afterwards, you can build a strong network of professionals in your industry.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KellyTheChef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
2 3 4 5 6
Replies
Views
vwpamperedchef
  • babywings76
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
winklermom