• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Incentives: Recruiting Strategies for Achieving Your Promotion Goals

In summary, the FD is working extremely hard to have three more sign by the 15th, and believes that her neighbor from today is going to sign by Monday, as well as her host for Monday night. She has been talking with her neighbor down the road about selling and her only problem is that she doesn't have the money to invest. If the FD wants to promote by the end of the year for her incentive trip, she should offer to pay for her neighbor's kit, then be reimbursed when she gets her first paycheck.
ragschef
I am currenty a FD, but am working EXTREMELY hard to have 3 more sign by the 15th (recruiting promo). I think my host from today is going to sign by Monday, as well as my host for Monday night. I've been talking with my neighbor down the road who just lost her job about selling and her only problem is that she doesn't have the money to invest. I know her pretty well and I know that she's an honest person. My question is, IF I want to promote by the end of the year for my incentive trip, should I offer to pay for her kit, then be reimbursed when she gets her first paycheck? I'm desparate, but not sure what to do. I really think that she'd be good at it if she'd give it a try. What would YOU do? :cry: I really want that cruise!!!!

NO!!!!!!!! She can work for her kit if you want. She can have a show and get $40 off. If you feel like it, you can offer a couple of other options. 1. She can get 4 $150 catalog shows together (with payments) BEFORE sending in the kit agreement or 2. she could host a show with you and you could give her part of your commission if SHE works for the orders. Make sure you word it as "working". What I have offered in the past is half off the kit with a $500 show (they already get $40 off there, you pay the $35ish) or a free kit with a $1000 show.

NO!!!! Great ideas already given. No matter how much you trust someone, things can inevitably go wrong. Some financial emergency can come up and IF you get your money back, it may be in smaller increments and take much longer than you plan on.
If they get their $1250 in within a month, they can pay off that kit if they borrow the money or put it on a credit card (it can be paid off before interest accues).
Speaking from experience....NO, NO, NO!!! I know you want this promo, but it is not worth losing a neighbor over or losing money over. Hang in there. With your determination, you WILL become a director and if you keep that determination up, you will earn more than what this promo gives you!
Keep working at it and let us know when to cheer for you when you walk that stage!!

If she WANTS to do it, she will FIND the money somewhere! I've heard of people doing yard sales, borrowing $20 each from friends and family, selling stuff on Ebay, etc.

NO!!!!!!!!!! In the grand scheme of things, our kit is really inexpensive. Some companies charge in the upwards of $1000 and have yearly renewing fees. I struggled with this for a relative, and my director told me flat out don't do it. Your potential needs to invest in this - if you give it to her it doesn't mean as much as she is not the one footing the bill so no money is out her pocket. She needs ownership in her business, and there are ways to get money quickly...just what Kate said!

A very awesome Senior Director I know began her business by cleaning someone's house. I think that is such a great idea!

Speaking from experience. :thumbdown: H-E-double hockey sticks NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!:eek:

Everybody else already shared great tips and suggestions> I just wanted you to hear me state my opinion. NO. Okay I said it again. But I can't put it strongly enough. NO NO NO!!

I have never (and will never) provide at kit at no cost, even if there is an agreement to have the person refund me the cost over a certain period of time. Totally agree with prior posts; you really don't know a person unless they are a totally tried and true best friend. So..don't chance it. NOOOOO seems to be the preveribal word.

That said, I DO offer a "sale price" on the kit from time to time. I pay the difference. So,if someone wants to sign, AND they have earned the host kit creditc,then my possible consuit could get and extra "20 - 25.00 savings" I have a flyer, when I make this offer, that clearly states this is an offer from ME only.

But, repeat, NEVER, EVER pay the full kit for ANYONE.

I once gave a catalog show to a consultant so that she would qualify in time for me to get an incentive. She never did do a 4th show. In that case I didn't lose much but it taught me that if they don't care enough to find the $$ or the orders they won't do much if anything more if you do it for them.

Joining the majority - NOOOOOO DO NOT DO IT!

BethCooks4U said:
I once gave a catalog show to a consultant so that she would qualify in time for me to get an incentive. She never did do a 4th show. In that case I didn't lose much but it taught me that if they don't care enough to find the $$ or the orders they won't do much if anything more if you do it for them.

Joining the majority - NOOOOOO DO NOT DO IT!

SO TRUE BETH! If they want it, they will find a way. The only thing I've ever done when needing consultants was to offer 50% off the kit. That was back when the kit was $90. I had one say no and it told me she wasn't committed and the other did do it... and she's been with me for 3 years and does great. And I knew her to and truly knew she didn't have the money and really needed this in her life. It was a risk and it did work out for me. But I will never offer that again and if anyone on my TEAM asked me, I would tell them not to do it.

WAHOO! My first recruit that I have been working on since August just signed, in the nick of time for the promotion. :sing: :sing:
Can someone please tell me where I can find the specs about what the consultant gets? I am so excited, happy, anxious, scatter-brained and all at the same time... I cannot find the info... lol :eek:

1. What are the benefits of maximizing incentives for recruiting strategies?

Maximizing incentives can provide motivation for both the recruiter and potential recruits. It can also help to attract top talent and increase productivity within the organization. Additionally, it can lead to higher retention rates and overall success in achieving promotion goals.

2. How can I effectively recruit and promote within a short timeframe?

To maximize your chances of success in a short timeframe, it is important to focus on high-priority recruits and utilize targeted marketing and networking strategies. You may also consider offering special incentives or bonuses for recruits who sign up within a specific time period.

3. Is it a good idea to personally invest in potential recruits?

Investing in potential recruits can be a risky decision. It is important to carefully consider the individual's skills, motivation, and commitment before making a personal investment. You may also want to explore other options, such as offering payment plans or finding alternative funding sources.

4. What should I do if I am desperate to achieve my promotion goals?

Desperation can often cloud judgement and lead to poor decision-making. It is important to remain focused and prioritize your recruiting efforts. Consider seeking advice from a mentor or consulting with other successful recruiters to develop a solid plan of action.

5. How can I handle a potential recruit who lacks the necessary funds to invest?

If a potential recruit is unable to invest due to financial constraints, you may consider offering alternative options such as a payment plan or finding creative ways to help them earn the necessary funds. However, it is important to be transparent and avoid making any promises or commitments that you cannot fulfill.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedchefDaly
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Melissa78
  • lockhartkitchen
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
laurichef
  • lisasfuncooking