• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Share How You Recruited ---(A Must Read)

In summary, the average person takes about 9 months to decide if they want to sign, so some who sign right at the show have been thinking about it for a while. Getting lots of leads and keeping in touch with your recruits is key.
smilesarepriceless
Gold Member
ok, ladies I am motivated and doing very well in my sales, but I have no recruits YET!

I need to hear TRUE personal stories of how those of you who have recruits GOT THEM..

So, please please share..

Share with us how you made contact with the last 1-2 recruits you got to SIGN...

(include your initial contact with them ( where it was), there initial response, and how long from start to finish it took you to get them to sign!)
And any other tips you think that really work!!!

Both of my last 2 recruits were atypical.

M: Met her at a show that had 4 in attendance, including M's husband. Decided I was going to still do my presentation and talk about recruiting. M and her husband asked a lot of questions while we were eating, and M signed up that night, using the host's computer to complete the online agreement. (She and her husband have had some health issues, and she's currently inactive - but is planning to reactivate soon.)

R: Was on my email newsletter list - I think from placing an outside order on a show. In January, I sent out the 30-minute chicken email from PWS, and she contacted me. At that time, I had a news item on my PWS about getting the kit for as little as $50 (old kit w/kit credit), and she was interested in that. I met with her right after Leadership, when they introduced the new kit and program and told her about that. Because it was more, she needed to wait to get the money, but signed right at the end of January so I could get the bonus. (How sweet!) We had put together an express show so that she could use some kit credit, submitted that on Jan 30, and submitted her agreement on the 31.

My one and only (but spectacular) recruit, Heather, was at a repeat show I did with just 4 guests. Heather was the only new one there to my schpiel. I didnt really push or go into the recruit story, but she wanted to do a show and later emailed me on my website saying she wanted to join!

One was at a show and just wanted to sign up. I talked a bit about the opportunity but nothing over the top. I think she just loves the products and thought of PC years ago.

Second (and only other active) was someone who had hosted several times and just moved to a new home. She used to watch children in her home but lost those clients and needs some cash to keep her baby out of day care. She considered Tupperware and SLAH but we have a good rapport and I offered to loan her the money. I know this is a no-no, but she has been extremely honest in the past so I know she's good for it. Besides, if she qualifies, I get $100 from HO. She contacted me after getting an email newsletter as well as me placing an order on her Tupperware party.

Ask EVERYONE--every guest is a potential recruit
Follow up is key
It's not about you, it's about THEM

Years ago, (and this might be different now), we were told that the average person takes about 9 months to decide if they want to sign. So some that sign right at the show, they've been thinking about it a while. It's all about timing... and getting leads, lots of leads, and keeping in touch with them.

The longest I worked with someone before she signed was 3 years. The quickest was one who signed right at a show but had been thinking about it for about a year. Personally, I thought about it for 9 months and signed when I was given a paycut.

Definitely get on a recruiting teleclass! They are great!

finley1991 said:
Years ago, (and this might be different now), we were told that the average person takes about 9 months to decide if they want to sign. So some that sign right at the show, they've been thinking about it a while. It's all about timing... and getting leads, lots of leads, and keeping in touch with them.

The longest I worked with someone before she signed was 3 years. The quickest was one who signed right at a show but had been thinking about it for about a year. Personally, I thought about it for 9 months and signed when I was given a paycut.

Definitely get on a recruiting teleclass! They are great!

I thought about it for about 2 days!:D I really wanted the SA for free - it was a huge motivator for me!

But that gives me hope Colleen! I have a regular host/guest who has been talking about it for over a year - just waiting for the time to be right. This just lets me know not to give up on her!

My last 3 have all happened very differently.

V: showed up at a Pampered Bingo show. He read about it in the newspaper. I knew his wife. We talked and he ended up wanting to join. He joined 2 months later because he was out of town alot.

K: Went to a show and was looking for a way to make money for her son's activities. She ended up joining 2 weeks later. She told me she wanted to join before I talked about it!

A: Really wants the new Appetizer plate and caddy set. She's signing tomorrow. She'll also be using the money to help fund her son's wedding!

K: had been a great customer for years and when she got downsized from her job last year, she called me!

A: was a host and asked a lot of questions-she has since told me that I made the demo fun and easy she realized she could do it!

Here are my two - one somewhat typical, the other not...

N: Was a PC newbie at a show and ended up booking a show. After her party she signed up because she was really impressed with the products and wanted to do something for herself. She's been on my team for almost a year now - yeah! - but works another full time job and several times she has just submitted enough to stay active. She is hoping to pick it up a little...

K: Was also a PC newbie when I met her at my Babies R' Us table earlier this year. I had a "now hiring" sign up and she wanted to be able to do something to stay home with her young kids. She liked the quality of the products and thought it would be a good fit for her. She started off pretty well, but due to some family medical issues almost went inactive. Luckily everyone is doing better now and she's trying to pick up the pace too.

Hopefully #3 is signing before Monday. She is a past host, getting laid off and really needs the health insurance. I was doing my "why bag" at the party that was booked off hers and pulled the bandaid out of the bag to explain that we offer group health and she was hooked. I hope she works out too - even just enough to stay active and count as another person on the team. I really want to promote!!

Good luck to you - just start really believing in the opportunity and the company, the products and yourself and you'll begin to feel more comfortable sharing it with others.

I am finally starting to get more leads and I know that eventually I'll find someone to sign - if I talk to enough people it is bound to happen!

1. Can anyone share their experience with how they recruited successfully?

Yes, the purpose of "Share How You Recruited" is for people to share their tips and strategies for successful recruitment.

2. What kind of recruiting methods or techniques are typically shared?

The methods and techniques shared can vary, but some common ones include networking, using social media, hosting informational events, and using employee referrals.

3. Is it important to have a specific industry or type of recruitment in mind when sharing?

No, anyone can share their experience with recruitment regardless of the industry or type of recruitment they have experience with. However, it may be helpful to mention any relevant details in your post.

4. Are there any guidelines for sharing personal experiences with recruitment?

Yes, please make sure to keep your post respectful and professional. Also, try to provide specific details and examples to make your post informative and helpful to others.

5. Can I ask for advice or feedback on my own recruitment efforts?

Yes, you can definitely ask for advice or feedback in your post. This community is meant to be a supportive and helpful space for sharing and learning from each other's experiences.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamlevy
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • finley1991
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • lockhartkitchen