• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Long Distance Recruiting: How to Hire Across State Lines

In summary, the conversation discusses the logistics of recruiting someone who lives in a different area of the country. It is suggested that the recruiter should inform their director, who can then connect the recruit with a local director for meetings. The importance of being involved in the recruit's training is emphasized, and it is also mentioned that consultants can be signed in other countries, but they would not be in the recruiter's downline.
tinat51796
How do we work it if we recruit someone who lives in another area of the country? My sister is thinking of signing up....she's in PA and I'm in WA. How does that work? Thanks!

Hey!
You let your director know, and she'll hook her up with another director(her hospitality director) in her area for her to attend meetings ...but you still stay in contact and help train and motivate her.

Great job on a recruit!!
FD by March 08....here she comes!

I live in the Netherlands and my recruiter lives in Germany and our director lives in the states. My recruiter helped me every step of the way mostly by e-mails because that is all we really could do. The online training really helped and my recruiter was there to answer all my questions and help me out with HO when I needed it.

You would be her recruiter and until you promote your director would be her director and trainer and since she lives so far from you it is wise to get her a hospitality director so she has meetings to attend.

Your director is still considered her primary "trainer" and should be in close contact with her to help her get started and beyond. But be careful! Make sure she is! I thought my director was doing the training for my recruits but they later told me that they were on their own. I did keep in contact with them on a regular basis via email and a call once a month or so but I didn't offer to train them - I truely thought my director (upper level) was doing that.

That probably explains why several of my early consultants didn't stay active for any length of time and why my later consultants did and I was able to promote pretty quickly once my director moved to another state and I had to do meetings even though I was still a FD. ...hmmmmm - lightbulb moment.

DEFINITELY be involved in your recruits' training! Even if your director does it tell her you want to be part of it so you can learn too. ASK your recruits about their business and what they learned on their last call with the director. Be specific. It's good training for your future anyway!

Even though she will have a hospitality director that is local to her that director is only responsible to open her meetings to her. Many do much more. My Texas team's hospitality is AWESOME with them!

Congratulations!! I hope this helps.

I was trained by my Director who is in NC and I am in AL. I do not think distance matters. Just be available for the recruit when she needs you.

You can do a lot of training via email and phone. Ask your director to find her a hospitality director so she can go to actual meetings. Some directors will video tape their meetings and mail them to the out of state recruits.

DMB75 said:
I live in the Netherlands and my recruiter lives in Germany and our director lives in the states. My recruiter helped me every step of the way mostly by e-mails because that is all we really could do. The online training really helped and my recruiter was there to answer all my questions and help me out with HO when I needed it.

Not to thread-hijack, but I didn't know you could sign consultants in another country! I've got a friend in Canada that I'd love to sign...

chefmelody said:
Not to thread-hijack, but I didn't know you could sign consultants in another country! I've got a friend in Canada that I'd love to sign...
You can't. It's because they're all military with APO addresses.

chefmelody said:
You can sign someone in Canada but they would not be in your downlline. they would be assigned to someone in Canada and you would get a referral bonus. If she wants to sign I would call HO for the details.

1. What are long distance recruits?

Long distance recruits are individuals who are being recruited by a company or organization for a job or position that requires them to relocate to a different city, state, or country.

2. How do companies find long distance recruits?

Companies often use various methods to find long distance recruits, such as job postings on online job boards, attending career fairs, working with recruiting agencies, and networking through professional connections.

3. What are the benefits of hiring long distance recruits?

Hiring long distance recruits can bring diversity and new perspectives to a company, as well as access to a larger pool of talent. It also shows that a company is open to hiring the best candidates regardless of their location.

4. What challenges do long distance recruits face?

Long distance recruits may face challenges such as adapting to a new culture, finding housing and transportation in a new location, and being away from friends and family. They may also have to adjust to a different work culture and build new professional relationships.

5. How can companies support long distance recruits?

Companies can support long distance recruits by providing relocation assistance, such as covering moving expenses and helping them find housing. They can also offer resources for adjusting to a new location, such as connecting them with a mentor or providing information on the local area.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefCat
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
lesliec
  • msmileyface
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
msmileyface
  • Jolie_Paradoxe