• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Joining for Just the Discount: Do I Have to Qualify First?

In summary, the person is asking if they can join for "just the discount" and submit enough to stay active. They have to qualify first, but after that, it is up to them as to how busy they want to be. They are also having a book party for the kit credit (not with me).
Cindycooks
Silver Member
Forgive me if this doesnt make sense. I've never had this question asked to me before. Someone ask if they could join for "just the discount" and submit enough to stay active. Do they have to qualify first? I know this makes no sense to all of us. I have gone over everything with her and told her that I would recommend she have the 4 parties or $1250 first and that if products are why she is joining, our first 90 days are too good not to take advantage of....and that after that, it is up to her as to how busy she want to be.

She said no time for parties - even at the beginning - and ask once more if she could just order. How do I best answer this for her understanding and benefit?

and another question she has (I know this is all crazy)....she is having a book party for the kit credit (not with me). Does she have to join under the consultant she is having the party with, or can she join under a different consultant. Thats a new one on me!

Last edited:
The kit credit is not tied to a consultant. So, she can use it to sign under whomever she wants. However, why would she not want to sign under the person she is having a show for?

She will have to qualify by the same procedures as everyone else. But, yes she can do just enough to stay active and order under her discount. Basically 1 show a month will more than keep her active.

I think the kit credit question was asked before. I don't remember the answer, but I think it was "no, she doesn't have to sign with the consultant she got the kit credit with", but I would check with HO.

As for the other question...as long as she active she can order products under the consultant discount. It would benefit her more if she would take full advantage of the business opportunity, but it is all up to her.

And....items she buys with her discount will not apply towards her sales.

I think she's getting us confused with other home-sales programs such as Arbonne. My sister joined with them "just for the discount," so she could buy their products on the consultant's discount, which is incredibly cheap. PC's consultant discount isn't that great. Sounds like she just wants a membership program, not a business.

chefmelody said:
I think she's getting us confused with other home-sales programs such as Arbonne. My sister joined with them "just for the discount," so she could buy their products on the consultant's discount, which is incredibly cheap. PC's consultant discount isn't that great. Sounds like she just wants a membership program, not a business.

I agree. I know someone who does this with Mary Kay. I would let her know that she has to do a show every other month for $200 to stay active to get the discount. I know that we have some in our cluster that will submit a show every 6 months to reactivate to order the products at 60% off. I would not volunteer this information about the 2 shows a year unless she ask about it.

nikkijo said:
I agree. I know someone who does this with Mary Kay. I would let her know that she has to do a show every other month for $200 to stay active to get the discount. I know that we have some in our cluster that will submit a show every 6 months to reactivate to order the products at 60% off. I would not volunteer this information about the 2 shows a year unless she ask about it.
It's 50% off.

A person can do one catalog show every other month and stay active as long as the show is $200 commissionable. It's really hard to stay active that way but she might have a circle of friends who like to order here and there. That way she would get her 20% off whenever she wants it and the 50% off when the samples come 2x/year.

I don't recommend that but I would take her as a consultant anyway. She counts as a recruit and as one of your active consultants and who knows? She may change her mind at some point and be your best team member.

As far as the kit credit is concerned, the credit goes with the recruit and her show. She can sign with anyone she wants. When filling out the agreement they ask for the show number and it will not show up on your record since you didn't do the show so I would call HO and ask about the details on how you do that. Please post the answer so we all can learn!

oooops....stupid fat finger moment! Thank you beth for catching it! Should have been 50% off.

I would sign her up as well. If she is going to do it she is going to. If not under you than someone else. You never know if and when she may decide to do more shows!

I have a teaching CD from PC with the story of.....shoot, can't ever remember her name, but she is a very successful upper level director (Executive?) from Alaska......anyway, she tells her story of how she signed JUST to get the kit....and then she was going to do just enough catalog shows to fulfill her agreement....and ONLY did a cooking show because a friend begged her to. And now she is one of PC most successful consultants - so you never know where she may go with her business!

ChefBeckyD said:
I have a teaching CD from PC with the story of.....shoot, can't ever remember her name, but she is a very successful upper level director (Executive?) from Alaska......anyway, she tells her story of how she signed JUST to get the kit....and then she was going to do just enough catalog shows to fulfill her agreement....and ONLY did a cooking show because a friend begged her to. And now she is one of PC most successful consultants - so you never know where she may go with her business!

It is probably Jana Washtka...she does awesome...in Alaska!

stacywhitlow said:
It is probably Jana Washtka...she does awesome...in Alaska!

That is who it is......don't know why I can't ever remember her name!

this is exactly why she was asking. She does BeautyControl. I've explained what she would have to do to stay active and that her personal orders DO NOT count towards this....and that how during her first 90 days she could earn lots of those she'd be spending money on, for free - not to mention the appetizer plates and caddy, the spring products in Nov etc....she is just used to beautycontrol and buying what she wants at a discount without having to sell anything.

Thanks for all your help!

Ok, hear me out....

Personally, if she is not going to do 4 shows -- and she seems to have made that clear up front--- I would not sign her.

We are not like other companies!

First of all, we do not SELL the Business kit. She is signing an agreement with the company to abide by the rules...do 4 shows in exchange for the discounted products she will get to start her business.

Secondly, I have a problem with people who are of such questionable integrity that they enter into their consultant agreement KNOWING that they are "kit-nappers".

And last but least, I DON'T have TIME to play with people who are simply ordering the Business Kit for the discount and have NO intention of honoring their commitment. I am building a business of helping others to find in themselves the personal attrubutes that will help them grow both as business people and as better human beings by helping others.

Finally, I just don't think it's good business practice to do this, and your time commitment to this person could better be used on someone who is interested in really starting a business.

YOU DESERVE MORE THAN THIS!!!

Last edited:
I agree with Janice.

One of my consultants had someone a few months ago that just wanted the kit because it was such a good deal. My consultant called HO for advice but they weren't very helpful and told her it didn't matter what she did. UGH!

This is a bit different because the potential consultant was CLEARLY intending to be a kitnapper. This is the e-mail I sent to my consultant regarding the issue:

If it were me, this is what I would do... I'd explain to her that she will be signing an agreement with PC (show her an agreement to read prior...) and that ethically I couldn't do it in good conscience if she has absolutely no plans to sell. With that, I'm guessing that she likes the "deal" she can get with the kit and get lots of products free or heavily discounted. I would show her that she can earn PC $$ in her first 90 days and get more free stuff. Then I'd sign her as a catalog consulant. She would do 4 catalog shows... easy enough... I'm sure she can find 4 friends to do them... fulfill her agreement and have everything she wants without any conflict of interest. Then you would also get credit for her qualifying as well. Win-win... And who knows... she just might even like it!

The potential consultant did not end up signing. So it didn't matter.

My only other thought on this is to make crystal clear to the potential consultant that if she indeed just buys product to stay active, that she cannot unload them on ebay.

Good luck!

What is the "Joining for Just the Discount" program?

The "Joining for Just the Discount" program is a membership option for individuals who are interested in getting discounted prices on Pampered Chef products without the commitment of being a consultant.

How do I join the "Joining for Just the Discount" program?

To join the "Joining for Just the Discount" program, simply go to our website and click on "Join Now" on the top right corner. Then, select the "Join for Just the Discount" option and follow the prompts to complete your membership registration.

What are the benefits of being a member of the "Joining for Just the Discount" program?

As a member of the "Joining for Just the Discount" program, you will be able to purchase Pampered Chef products at a discounted price, access exclusive deals and promotions, and receive a monthly newsletter with recipe ideas and tips.

Is there a fee to join the "Joining for Just the Discount" program?

Yes, there is an annual membership fee of $39 to join the "Joining for Just the Discount" program. This fee covers the cost of maintaining your membership and providing you with access to discounted prices.

Can I upgrade to become a consultant if I am a member of the "Joining for Just the Discount" program?

Yes, you can upgrade to become a consultant at any time by contacting our customer service team. However, please note that your membership fee will not be applied towards the consultant sign-up fee.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef Bobby
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
mjbroncobabe
  • byrd1956
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • PamperedK