• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Us Work Visa for Canadian Recruit

In summary, a US work visa for Canadian recruit is a type of visa that allows Canadian citizens to legally work in the United States. It is issued to skilled workers in specialty occupations and has a validity of three years, with a maximum duration of six years. The requirements for obtaining this visa include a job offer from a US employer, specialized skills or knowledge, and meeting education and experience requirements. Spouses and children can accompany the Canadian recruit on this visa and can also apply for a dependent visa. It is possible to change employers while on this visa, but the new employer must file a petition and obtain approval before the Canadian recruit can start working with them.
I have a possible recruit who is a Canadian citizen living here in the CA. She does not have a Us work visa yet. Can she sign and work under me? Can she sign in Canada and be under me?

If she signs as a Canadian consultant, she cannot hold and submit shows in the US.

I don't know if she needs a work visa to sign as a US consultant - probably. This sounds like a good question for Career Solutions at HO.

Once she has the proper documentation (Visa) she can sign with you in the US. She can not sign in Canada and be under a US consultant. You would get a referral bonus if she did that.

Referral Bonus? Tell me more!

I can't find it in the policies document, but I remember reading about a referral bonus when we find someone who signs under a different division of the company (international). HO should be able to give you information on that.

Cool! I'll look into it!

Ann is right... I think it was either $50 or catalogs... I can't remember.

What is a US work visa for Canadian recruit?

A US work visa for Canadian recruit is a type of visa that allows Canadian citizens to legally work in the United States. It is also known as an H-1B visa and is typically issued to skilled workers in specialty occupations.

What are the requirements for obtaining a US work visa for Canadian recruit?

The requirements for obtaining a US work visa for Canadian recruit include having a job offer from a US employer, possessing specialized skills or knowledge, and meeting the education and experience requirements for the specific job. The employer must also sponsor the visa application and demonstrate that there are no qualified US workers available for the position.

How long is a US work visa for Canadian recruit valid for?

A US work visa for Canadian recruit is typically valid for three years and can be extended for an additional three years. However, the maximum duration of stay in the US on an H-1B visa is six years.

Can a spouse and children accompany the Canadian recruit on a US work visa?

Yes, a spouse and unmarried children under the age of 21 can accompany the Canadian recruit on a US work visa. They can also apply for a dependent visa (H-4 visa) to legally reside in the US with the Canadian recruit.

Is it possible to change employers while on a US work visa for Canadian recruit?

Yes, it is possible to change employers while on a US work visa for Canadian recruit. However, the new employer must file a petition for a new H-1B visa and the Canadian recruit must obtain approval before starting work with the new employer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • jenniann
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
gojuliego
  • jessinthekitchen