• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Trying to Boost a Friend's Spirits After an Unexpected Setback

In summary, a consultant shares their experience with a new recruit who had a disappointing show with no attendees. The consultant advises the recruit to step out of their comfort zone and ask those who were hesitant to attend for future bookings. They also suggest using the situation to their advantage by sharing their story and potentially gaining more orders. Other consultants also share their success stories with similar situations.
Nicky
My new recruit had her first real show on Sat afternoon. NO ONE SHOWED UP NO ONE She called me CRYING. I told her that she needs to step outside of her comfort zone and ask some of the people she was scared to ask. I keep trying to boost her sprits up but kinda think I am not doing a good job at it. Any advice??

Tell her everyone has a bad show...ask the host to try and salvage it with outside orders. My Sat. show had low turnout too - the weather was just beautiful out! Tell her to keep chugging!

Have her use it to her advantage. I had a host that no one showed. She ended up with a $1000 show because she'd say, "I'm sorry you weren't able to come. In fact, NO ONE came. It was really bad because the consultant drove a hour and brought all the food but no one showed up." Everyone felt so bad that they placed a big order.

I would have her ask each person she thought would come if they would be willing to book a show so that she could meet more people. Have her take advantage of being new. People really do seem to want to help someone starting out....

beepampered said:
Have her use it to her advantage. I had a host that no one showed. She ended up with a $1000 show because she'd say, "I'm sorry you weren't able to come. In fact, NO ONE came. It was really bad because the consultant drove a hour and brought all the food but no one showed up." Everyone felt so bad that they placed a big order.
Ooh- I like that wording. I should have my Saturday host call all her friends with that script. (Nobody showed up to that one, either.)

beepampered said:

I would have her ask each person she thought would come if they would be willing to book a show so that she could meet more people. Have her take advantage of being new. People really do seem to want to help someone starting out....
Excellent! This happened to my SIL, only two buying people showed up. They felt bad that no one else showed up and their combined orders come out to $115. She came back three days later with all kinds of outside orders from those that didn't show, she even told her story to her boss and her boss ordered cookware! She closed her show at $1000 too.

1. How can I help my friend after they have experienced an unexpected setback?

First and foremost, offer your support and let your friend know that you are there for them. Ask them how they are feeling and listen to their response without judgement. Sometimes just having someone to talk to can make a big difference.

2. Should I try to cheer my friend up or let them process their emotions?

It's important to find a balance between cheering your friend up and allowing them to process their emotions. Let them know that it's okay to feel upset or disappointed, but also try to offer some positive encouragement and remind them of their strengths.

3. Is it better to give advice or just be a listening ear?

Every person and situation is different, so it's important to gauge what your friend needs in the moment. If they ask for advice, offer it in a non-judgmental way. But if they just need someone to listen, be there for them and provide support without trying to fix their problems.

4. How can I help my friend stay positive during this difficult time?

Encourage your friend to focus on the present and find small things to be grateful for. Remind them of their past successes and how they overcame challenges. Also, try to do activities together that bring joy and distract from the setback.

5. Is there anything I should avoid saying or doing when trying to boost my friend's spirits?

Avoid minimizing their feelings or comparing their situation to others. Instead, validate their emotions and let them know that it's okay to feel upset. Also, be mindful of your own energy and avoid being overly positive or dismissive of their struggles.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Boomerjojo
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • Sheila
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Jennie50