• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Inactivity Question - New Recruit

In summary, if a new consultant does not submit any sales in her first 90 days, she will become inactive on the 1st of the month following her 90 day date.
ljeffries
Ok.
Say I have a new recruit who does nothing in her first 90 days (read that kit napper). At what point does she become 'inactive'? I think that I read somewhere that you can't become inactive in your first 90 days.
Her 90 days is up the end of November.
Any help will be appreciated.

If she does not submit any sales during her first 90 days, then she will become inactive on the 1st of the month following her 90 day date.

Thanks, Debbie. Not the answer I wanted, but I know it is the right one!
Maybe I can someway get her qualified in her first 90 days.

But, she can still reactivate by submitting $200 in one month. you just don't get any points

Lay a guilt trip on her and tell her to at least do a $200 show before her 90 days is over that will buy her (and you) more time to figure out how the next 3 shows will be turned in at least every other month from that point.

Laying a guilt trip on her won't inspire her to work... it will just make her resent you. Rather, find out why she's not working. She signed in the first place for some reason or another. What was that reason? She needs to reconnect with that reason. Have a conversation with her and say something like, "When you signed, you said that you were interested in PC because it could help you with ______________. Since you haven't scheduled any shows, has that changed?" Find out and help guide her along. What kind of new consultant training is she getting? Is her director doing the new consultant coaching calls with her? She might still want to do it and just not know where to start. Put on your detective hat and do a little investigating!

With that, if she's really a kitnapper, there's nothing you can do. Move on to the next recruit. She made the agreement with PC, not you (per se) so move on! Find someone who really wants to work and go from there. Spend your energy developing more leads... not getting a headache over someone who won't work.

Good luck!

By laying the guilt trip I meant if she IS a kit napper she should at least feel a little responsible for doing the minimum so you can get credit ("recruiting points"-for helping her keep an awsome kit.) By all means if she started out very excited and started with goals in mind then it's worth the effort to get her back on track. Colleen is right.

I really don't think she is a kitnapper. I think she is just lazy, quite honestly.
I have tried to call her and have e-mailed her, but get no response. Her mother (who is a friend of mine) is upset with her because she is not working on PC.
Colleen told me a few weeks ago that I shouldn't work harder on her business than she is. I am taking that approach.
I am sending her a letter via USPS on Monday. Basically, it will say that I am here for her if she wants to do PC. If she chooses not to honor her contract, then that is between her and PC.
Thanks everyone for your thoughts.

Oh, someone posted a great letter a while back. I know I saved it just in case I ever needed it. Let me see if I can find it.

Thanks, neighbor!

pamperedlinda said:
okay, it was Janice. Here's the thread: http://www.chefsuccess.com/f10/you-have-see-one-15235/

maybe you can get some tips from this one.
This is what I'm talking about, thank you!! I posted this before: I had one person tell me she got a lawyer friend of hers to look at our agreement and no where does it say on there that she had to do the 4 shows. (grrr) I loved the wording in the letter though...

Addie4TLC said:
This is what I'm talking about, thank you!! I posted this before: I had one person tell me she got a lawyer friend of hers to look at our agreement and no where does it say on there that she had to do the 4 shows. (grrr) I loved the wording in the letter though...
Really, I though that it did. I'll have to look at that next time I order some agreements.

pamperedlinda said:
Really, I though that it did. I'll have to look at that next time I order some agreements.
Unfortunately it doesn't so technically anyone can do this.

It is not in the actual agreement at all....

It two and half years I have recruited 3 "kit nappers". We can invest our time and do what's expected of us and then there is a point when you realize they have no intentions of doing PC. We can not force someone to do it. We can let them know that if life takes them our direction again, we're here to support them.

lockhartkitchen said:
It two and half years I have recruited 3 "kit nappers". We can invest our time and do what's expected of us and then there is a point when you realize they have no intentions of doing PC. We can not force someone to do it. We can let them know that if life takes them our direction again, we're here to support them.
You're right, I've had two consultants sign up with me that had been with someone else who was "mean" to them because they didn't work that "their" pace. Everyone is different. You have to work closely with the ones who really want to work their business but also try to keep the others motivated. Some work on and off and are happy that way.

1. What is considered "inactivity" for a new recruit?

Inactivity for a new recruit is typically defined as not completing any tasks or making any contributions to the team or organization within a specific time frame, usually within the first few weeks or months of joining.

2. Why is inactivity for new recruits a concern?

Inactivity for new recruits can be a concern because it can indicate a lack of engagement or interest in the team or organization, which can ultimately lead to a high turnover rate or decreased team productivity.

3. How can inactivity be addressed for new recruits?

Inactivity for new recruits can be addressed by setting clear expectations and goals for the new recruit, providing proper onboarding and training, and regularly checking in with the recruit to ensure they are adjusting well and have the resources they need to be successful.

4. What should be done if a new recruit is inactive?

If a new recruit is inactive, it is important to first understand the reasons behind their inactivity. This can be done through open and honest communication. Once the reasons are identified, steps can be taken to address the issue, such as providing additional support or adjusting expectations.

5. Can inactivity for new recruits be prevented?

While it is not always possible to prevent inactivity for new recruits, there are steps that can be taken to decrease the likelihood of it occurring. This includes having a thorough and effective recruitment and onboarding process, providing clear expectations and goals, and fostering a positive and inclusive team culture.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• clshirk
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
clshirk
  • kisrae
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
  • pregochef