• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Encourage a Recruit to Start Earlier?

In summary, the recruiter has been in touch with the potential recruit for awhile, but the potential recruit has been wavering back and forth on whether or not she wants to start her business. The recruiter is trying to get the potential recruit to sign up for a cluster meeting so she can get started, but the potential recruit keeps saying she's not ready. The recruiter has also been in touch with the potential recruit's friends and they are all willing to help her get started in January. The recruiter is also trying to get the potential recruit
chefmelody
I have a potential recruit who has been wavering back and forth for awhile. First she seemed really enthusiastic, then said she didn't think she could do it, but now she's back to being enthusiastic again. However, when I talked to her last, to book her show for October (as we'd discussed before), she now told me she wants to wait until January to do her show and start her business. Apparently she has a friend who is doing a show this month, and will do another in January to help her get started. She said a couple of her other friends would book shows in January as well. She also said she wanted to wait because she thought the new catalog would be out in January too. I did tell her that the S/S catalogs come out in March, and that we do have a new catalog that just came out now, but she didn't respond much to that.

I don't want to pressure her, but I also know that 60% of our business is done Sept-Dec. I want her to be able to have the best start possible... how do I convey this to her without pushing her to do her show early and start earlier?

Has she shown any interest in attending a cluster meeting? How about reminding her that she can pay for Christmas with her commission?

She has shown interest, but every time I call her to ask if she'd like to come, she has some excuse why she can't that month. I've been trying to get her to come to a meeting for about 6 months now.

What about offering her an incentive like "all my guests to the meeting this month will receive a small gift." You can give her a door prize of some sort.

It took me about 5-6 months before I was ready but I'm glad I waited b/c I don't think I would've done as well if I started earlier. I guess the timing just has to be right. I know how you feel though b/c I have a potential recruit who I've been in contact with for OVER a year. She has even been to two meetings with me! She's still not ready.

I suppose... I just want her to get started at a good time, and I know that January is the absolute hardest time of year for me. I'd hate for her to sign then and be discouraged.

chefmelody said:
I suppose... I just want her to get started at a good time, and I know that January is the absolute hardest time of year for me. I'd hate for her to sign then and be discouraged.

I hear ya! Did you already tell her that fall was the best time to sign b/c of everyone shopping for the holidays?

On the other side of things, if she already has friends that will help her get started in January, she might do pretty well for herself. I know that August is a tough month also and it was one of my highest months ever when I started. You never know....

chefmelody said:

It's not about you though... it's about her and when she's comfortable and ready to get started. It sounds like she has another issue and is having a hard time telling you... maybe she doesn't have the $$ right now, her family is giving her grief over doing it, she might be intimidated by the shows... whatever it is, ultimately it is her decision.

You've done what you could and she's told you she wants to wait. Now it's time to move on and find another lead to work with. Good luck!

I was on the other end of this situation when I signed. My recruiter mentioned it to me, and I told her "later." She kept me informed, and let me sign when I felt comfortable. I'm sure she wanted me to sign a month earlier than I did, because there was a recruiting promo :), but I really appreciated that she let me make the decision on my own.

I am with Ann & Ellen. I met my recruiter in January and told her that I was interested but I didn't sign until the very end of August. I am glad that I waited and I am glad that she respected me waiting. She did keep in touch though and that was nice.

I agree with letting her join when ready. I was thinking of joining in June of 2004, but found out I was pregnant & decided to wait until after I had the baby. I finally joined in July 2005 & qualified my first month & have been one of the top sales in my cluster for the past two years. I'm glad I joined when I did--morning sickness with cooking shows wouldn't have meshed well! Thank goodness I didn't have that this time!

Just make sure that you keep in contact with her!

It seems as though all of my potential recruits "are not ready yet". I knwo how you feel. I have been keeping them informed and invite them to our cluster meetings. I just keep telling myself when they are ready they will sign....

They will Brandy! I heard somewhere that the average recruit takes 9 mos to a year to decide to join! Sometimes we get them when they are hot and have been thinking about it for a while... others we just have to keep in the pipeline until they are ready! That's why our uplines stress to us to keep developing the leads and not focus just on one single lead! Good luck!

You want your recruit to be successful and have a very positive experience...it sounds like she is doing her homework and planning. She has friends who would be willing to hosts shows in Jan not right now - that sounds like a solid start to me! Invite her to cluster meetings, and keep in touch with her; give her things to work on now - like a list of 100. These thing may change her mind, or maybe not. Remember it is about when she is ready, not you.

Oh yeah, there may be a new consultant incentive in Jan...remember all sorts of new things are announced at Leadership!

1. How can I encourage a recruit to start their training earlier?

One way to encourage a recruit to start earlier is by emphasizing the benefits of starting sooner. This could include getting a head start on their training, having more time to prepare for challenges, and potentially graduating earlier.

2. What are some ways to motivate a recruit to start earlier?

You can motivate a recruit by setting clear and achievable goals for them to work towards, providing positive reinforcement and support, and highlighting the potential opportunities that starting earlier can open up for them.

3. Should I pressure a recruit to start their training earlier?

No, it's important to avoid pressuring a recruit into starting earlier. Instead, communicate the benefits and encourage them to make the decision for themselves. Pressure may lead to feelings of resentment or resistance.

4. What are some potential obstacles that may prevent a recruit from starting earlier?

Some potential obstacles that may prevent a recruit from starting earlier include personal commitments, financial constraints, or a lack of motivation. It's important to address these obstacles and find solutions that work for the recruit.

5. How can I support a recruit who is hesitant to start earlier?

You can support a recruit who is hesitant to start earlier by listening to their concerns and addressing them, providing guidance and resources to help them overcome any obstacles, and showing understanding and patience throughout the process.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cochef
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • kittychef
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
heat123
  • makeawhisk