• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why are my recruiting interviews falling through?

In summary, the bad news is that one of the interviews did not go well, but the good news is that you have been able to book other interviews.
chefmelody
I was SO excited after my booth at a fair last week. I had 4 recruiting interviews set up, and I was pumped! The first one went really well, and the girl is going to sign after her party. That's the good news!

The bad news: the second interview was a no-show, and I haven't been able to get ahold of the girl since. I think she's screening my calls now or something. :(

The third interview just called me an hour before the interview was supposed to be... it wasn't even the girl who called, it was her live-in boyfriend/fiance, and he said that they were just "too busy right now" to even think about the business. I didn't even get a chance to talk to them about it. :cry: He and the girl both seemed really enthusiastic at my booth too, but they'd already rescheduled once.

My fourth is tomorrow... and she's already rescheduled once. I'm just waiting for a call to say she's changed her mind too. (Oh wait, I'm giving her a donation for a school auction, so she HAS to meet with me for that anyway!)

Now I'm just really bummed. I was hoping to get all 4 of these and be a director by the end of the year. :(

chefmelody said:
I was SO excited after my booth at a fair last week. I had 4 recruiting interviews set up, and I was pumped! The first one went really well, and the girl is going to sign after her party. That's the good news!

The bad news: the second interview was a no-show, and I haven't been able to get ahold of the girl since. I think she's screening my calls now or something. :(

The third interview just called me an hour before the interview was supposed to be... it wasn't even the girl who called, it was her live-in boyfriend/fiance, and he said that they were just "too busy right now" to even think about the business. I didn't even get a chance to talk to them about it. :cry: He and the girl both seemed really enthusiastic at my booth too, but they'd already rescheduled once.

My fourth is tomorrow... and she's already rescheduled once. I'm just waiting for a call to say she's changed her mind too. (Oh wait, I'm giving her a donation for a school auction, so she HAS to meet with me for that anyway!)

Now I'm just really bummed. I was hoping to get all 4 of these and be a director by the end of the year. :(

I feel ya! This is happening to me a lot lately! I've been practicing the phrase, "Bless and release." Good luck tomorrow......keep us posted!

So sorry that happened. There are a percentage out there that just flake out. They say you have to talk to 10 to get 1 so consider yourself done with some of those 10!

I know you are frustrated and probably for good reason but just try to focus on the postive, you got your name out there, you have a possible recruit and maybe a second... thats recruiting possibly 2 out of 4! Thats not so bad. I think getting 1 recruit at a booth is pretty good. How did you do with bookings?

Well, I did get 5 bookings from the show thus far, and a few maybes and catalog shows for later. So that's a good thing.

What is "Depressing Lack of Interviews"?

"Depressing Lack of Interviews" is a term used to describe a situation where a job seeker is not receiving any job interviews or offers despite actively applying for positions.

Why am I experiencing a depressing lack of interviews?

There could be a variety of reasons for this. It could be due to a highly competitive job market, lack of relevant experience or qualifications, or simply not standing out among other applicants. It's important to assess your job search strategy and make any necessary adjustments.

How do I overcome a depressing lack of interviews?

Start by evaluating your resume, cover letter, and overall job application approach. Are you tailoring your application to each specific job? Are you highlighting your relevant skills and experience? Also, consider networking and reaching out to connections in your desired field. Additionally, consider expanding your job search to different industries or locations.

How long does a depressing lack of interviews typically last?

It varies for each individual and depends on the job market and your qualifications. Some job seekers may land interviews within a few weeks, while others may take months. It's important to stay persistent and continue applying and networking.

What are some tips for staying motivated during a depressing lack of interviews?

It can be discouraging to not receive any interviews, but try to stay positive and focused on your job search goals. Take breaks when needed, but also stay proactive and continue applying and networking. You can also seek support from friends, family, or a career counselor for motivation and advice.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kathy's_Kitchen
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
~*Heather*~
  • babywings76
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
winklermom
  • ChefBevShu