• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recruiting Idea Incorporated Into Host Coaching...

In summary, Darla Oelmann's Recruiting Training was very helpful. She emphasized the importance of informing hosts of all the host benefits and went over how to offer the kit reduction. She also mentioned how to close a show that's over $300 with a congratulatory message to the hosts.
KellyTheChef
Gold Member
Hi all!

I had some Recruiting Training all day today with Darla Oelmann. There were about 30 of us there and she is just soooooooo great with training!

One thing I heard today that I WILL incorporate is this:
When doing your host coaching, go over ALL of the host benefits with them.
Just like you wouldn't leave out their FREE items they will earn,
you should mention the "kit buy down option" of $20 or $40 as one of their BENEFITS!!

I had a host coaching call tonight, and I did this. Once I went over her free, half price, discounted items, free shipping, monthly host special, then I said there is one other benefit that you can take advantage of. If you are interested in starting your own business, you can use $20 or $40 of your free items to "buy down" your starter kit from Pampered Chef. Then, I was just quiet. She asked how much the kit was...so I told her and explained what all comes in the starter kit. Then, I asked her if she had ever considered owning her own business. Then I was quiet again to see what she had to say. It led into a small discussion of her starting with us! I kept it VERY simple and then told her we could talk about it further later on. She is thinking right now!! I am so excited! This way of wording it really made me feel like I was doing her a service...not being pushy.

Just wanted to share!
Hope this can help someone else!

That is so cool! Darla will be coming to our meeting in November. I cannot wait.

She is coming to our quarterly ralley in October too! I can't wait to see/hear her speak again.

She is a super nice lady who genuinely cares about helping others succeed!

I have a Tuesday Tips email I send out to my team each week with a tip in each of the five major categories: Bookings, Host Coaching, Cooking Shows, Recruiting and Customer Care. I will be using this in a future email - thanks for sharing and keep us updated on your host!

Okay, now I am even more excited about our November meeting! I couldn't believe it when my director sent the email out today. I just hope that my husband won't be off hunting that week so that he can babysit. I don't want to miss it!

I love the "just be quiet" part - that's the hardest part for me!!!

dannyzmom said:
I love the "just be quiet" part - that's the hardest part for me!!!

The first time my director was coaching me to do that, I didn't know what she was talking about! She said "ask (whatever) and then shut-up, shut-up, shut-up, shut-up." I thought she was telling me to say "shut-up"!!!!:eek:

OH!!! I like this!!!!!!

OK, definitely incorporating this idea into my host coaching! I can't believe that I haven't done it before. It's such and easy idea!

I love that! You're doing an interview without them actually realizing it!!! That's great! If anything it gives me more practice at "shutting up"!!!

That's awesome! I definately need to start doing this right from the start, instead of waiting until the end to bring it up...

This is a great tip, Kelly!! I have started doing this as a way to open up the discussion of the business with a host, since I always felt "phoney" and unnatural bringing it up any other way. This gives you a natural way to incorporate the recruiting discussion with your host without making you feel like you're being pushy. You're just offering them every benefit that they can take advantage of as a host. Just like some people may not buy their host specials or half-priced items (I know, shocker! I'd never pass them up!), some people may not want to take advantage of the kit credit, but that's ok - we still can offer it to everyone!! :)

I went to that training with Darla a few weeks ago in Warsaw, IN. Lots of great ideas!Two things that really hit me:1) If you don't offer the kit reduction to your host, you're robbing her (or him) of one of her host benefits.2) When you're closing a show that's over $300, say, "Congratulations! You've qualified for the kit reduction!"

What is host coaching?

Host coaching is when a direct sales consultant works closely with their party host to ensure a successful event. This includes providing the host with tips and strategies for inviting guests, promoting the event, and preparing the space for the party.

Why is it important to incorporate recruiting into host coaching?

Incorporating recruiting into host coaching allows for the opportunity to expand the consultant's team and increase their income. It also helps to ensure a continuous cycle of parties and events by having a steady stream of new hosts.

What are some recruiting ideas that can be incorporated into host coaching?

Some recruiting ideas that can be incorporated into host coaching include offering a special incentive for guests who join the consultant's team, providing information about the benefits of becoming a consultant, and encouraging guests to host their own parties in the future.

How can recruiting be seamlessly integrated into host coaching?

Recruiting can be seamlessly integrated into host coaching by making it a natural part of the conversation. This can be done by casually mentioning the benefits of becoming a consultant, sharing personal experiences, and offering support and guidance for those interested in joining the team.

What are the potential benefits of incorporating recruiting into host coaching?

The potential benefits of incorporating recruiting into host coaching include expanding the consultant's team, increasing their income, and creating a strong network of hosts who can continue to host parties and events. It also allows for the opportunity to connect with potential new customers through the host's network.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Morgan032032
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Morgan032032
  • jessinthekitchen
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • makeawhisk