• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Does a Recruit Have to Purchase the Kit?

In summary, a former PC consultant who has "everything" can join without purchasing the kit, but she would have to purchase it at a later time.
KellyRedHead
HI everyone!

I had a show last night and a woman came in after my demo was over, we were talking and she use to sell PC about 2 years ago.
I showed her the new kit and she said she had everything in the picture.
She mentioned she thought there was a way to start again with out purchasing the kit again since she had it all? :confused:

I have never heared or anything like this so I thought I would ask you all?

I think she would be better off with the new kit since many things have been redesigned.

Thanks for your help!
Kelly V. :D

to my knowledge, you HAVE to purchase the kit when you join

With a new kit, she would have clean, unscratched tools to demo with.

--Jenny L

If a consultant is least than a year from when she/he left PC, than no but if more than a year has passed then Yes

I had this situation last May about a consultant who wanted to join again so I called HO and that is what they told me, but you might what to check with them yourself

~

I think there was a time when you could join without purchasing the kit, but I think you had to purchase something else. It was a long time ago (years), and I didn't really pay attention. It seemed like a good idea for people who already had a lot of product.

No, she has to purchase the kit.

Way back about 10 years ago, PC had an option for people who had a ton of stuff to do a "design your own kit" but they did away with that at least 8 years ago. So as everyone has said, yes, she has to purchase the kit.

With that, what I tell new consultants who have "everything" is to either use the new items as gifts or just leave the stuff in the new consultant tote so she never has to pack for a show. She just cleans up and refills it.

Good luck with your new recruit!

Not to mention, while they may have lots of products they won't have any paperwork.

but wouldn't it be great if there was that option!
A.) paperwork & products $155
or
B.)paperwork only. - $???

I know I had all but 2 or 3 of the kit products when I started.

reba515 said:
but wouldn't it be great if there was that option!
A.) paperwork & products $155
or
B.)paperwork only. - $???

I know I had all but 2 or 3 of the kit products when I started.
Which would be good for people who really do have everything, but I can picture people being cheap, um.... thrifty... ;) and ordering just paperwork even though they don't have enough products to succeed.

chefann said:
Which would be good for people who really do have everything, but I can picture people being cheap, um.... thrifty... ;) and ordering just paperwork even though they don't have enough products to succeed.

Great point Ann! :)

Sometime around when I first started, (in July 2004) they had a "Welcome Back to the Table" promotion. A former consultant could buy just a paperwork package, get a new consultant number, and rejoin. Communication was sent to the former consultant and to their Director (kind of like what they're doing now for customers of former consultants). I think that's probably what your gal is thinking of.

It was a great option for people like your gal, and I hope they do it again. But, like everything else, they need to hear that we want it.

Everyone's right, she'll have to purchase the kit...but what a GREAT deal for holiday gifts!!! Where else could you buy 22 presents for $155?

I am still thinking how cool it would be to have a NEW kit and just to keep it packed up and ready to go!

I agree with Kelly, she can look at it as having products to take to the show. OR she can use the products that she doesn't want 2 of (I can't imagine wanting 2 of many products) she could use them as gifts for booking shows or gifts.

What is the kit that a recruit has to purchase?

The kit that a recruit may be required to purchase is a set of tools, equipment, or products that are necessary for their training and/or job duties.

Why does a recruit have to purchase the kit?

Recruits may be required to purchase a kit as it may contain essential items that are needed for their training and/or job duties, and it ensures that all recruits have the necessary tools to perform their tasks effectively.

Do all recruits have to purchase the same kit?

No, the specific contents of the kit may vary depending on the recruit's job role or training program. Some recruits may have to purchase a specific kit tailored to their needs, while others may have a standard kit that is the same for all recruits.

How much does the kit cost?

The cost of the kit may vary depending on its contents and the institution or company the recruit is joining. It is best to check with the recruiter or company for the exact cost of the kit.

Is it possible to opt out of purchasing the kit?

In some cases, it may be possible to opt out of purchasing the kit if the recruit already has the necessary tools or equipment. However, it is best to check with the recruiter or company for their policy on opting out of purchasing the kit.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
heather223
  • pkd09
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
mscharf
  • makeawhisk