• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Possible New Recruit Wheelchair Bound

In summary, the person wrote a summary of the following conversation about a woman who is confined to a wheelchair and is interested in starting her own business. The person suggests that the woman talk to other consultants with disabilities and get ideas about how to incorporate them into her business. The person also recommends that the woman be optimistic and determined.
PCWY
I have never posted here but have read lots of your messages and you seen to give pretty sound suggestions. I have a woman who approached me about starting her own business with PC. She is confined to a wheelchair. Obviously I was encouraging to her and would love to have her onmy team , but I was wonderinig if any one else has any exerience with or knows any consulatants with disabilites and how they work around them or incorporate them depending on how you look at it. I would love to be able to give her some ideas of how this could work for her. She does not drive. Any suggestions are much appreciated.

I don't know, but I saw several consultants in wheelchairs at Notional Conference! It can be done.

I have a disability. Chances are if she approached you she has already thought of the challenges she might encounter and has either come up with a solution or figure it out somehow.

ETA: I'm not in a wheelchair but some of the things I do are: have my mom or husband come with me and carry my stuff and help me set up/clean up, I no longer do a cooking demo (it got to be too stressful for me). I'm sure your recruit will do fine and find ways to adapt.

Last edited:
One of the top achievers that went across the stage during wave 2 was confined to a wheelchair. Her husband helped her with her shows. Wheelchairs don't slow some people down. I have a lot of respect for them.

kaceyleigh2 said:
I have a disability. Chances are if she approached you she has already thought of the challenges she might encounter and has either come up with a solution or figure it out somehow.

ETA: I'm not in a wheelchair but some of the things I do are: have my mom or husband come with me and carry my stuff and help me set up/clean up, I no longer do a cooking demo (it got to be too stressful for me). I'm sure your recruit will do fine and find ways to adapt.
I have learned so much from Kacey and watching her work... she truly is an inspiration to me and is someone we all could learn so much from! I think that she deserves to go so far in this business because she works so hard everyday and is such a special person! And she has director written all over her!;)

Carissidy said:
I have learned so much from Kacey and watching her work... she truly is an inspiration to me and is someone we all could learn so much from! I think that she deserves to go so far in this business because she works so hard everyday and is such a special person! And she has director written all over her!;)

Aww, you are making me blush:blushing:

kaceyleigh2 said:
Aww, you are making me blush:blushing:
Truly... you don't give yourself near enough credit and I am proud of your accomplishments thus far! Keep up the good work!;)

Thank you so much for gettng back to me. I appreciate those responses. I figured that doing an actual cooking demo would be out, but I'm sure she can modify to what works for her. I am excited because she is really excited about starting up. Thanks again:)

PCWY said:
Thank you so much for gettng back to me. I appreciate those responses. I figured that doing an actual cooking demo would be out, but I'm sure she can modify to what works for her. I am excited because she is really excited about starting up. Thanks again:)

That's half the battle right there - so if she is excited, run with it. She will find a way to make it work for her if she wants it! Good Luck! And Congratulations! I wouldn't be surprised if she turns out to be the star of your team!

1. Can someone who uses a wheelchair be a new recruit?

Yes, absolutely! Many people who use wheelchairs are highly capable and qualified to serve in various roles, including as a new recruit.

2. Are accommodations made for wheelchair users during training and service?

Yes, accommodations can and should be made for wheelchair users to ensure equal access and opportunities during training and service.

3. Will a wheelchair user be limited in their duties or assignments?

No, a wheelchair user should not be limited in their duties or assignments solely based on their wheelchair use. Any limitations should be based on the individual's abilities and qualifications.

4. Are there any specific requirements for a wheelchair used by a new recruit?

Generally, no. As long as the wheelchair is in good condition and meets basic safety standards, it should be suitable for a new recruit to use during training and service.

5. How can I support a wheelchair user who is a new recruit?

There are many ways to support a wheelchair user who is a new recruit, such as ensuring accessibility and inclusion, providing emotional support, and advocating for their needs. It's also important to treat them with respect and not make assumptions about their abilities based on their wheelchair use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ShelbyMichalek
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • Chef Bobby