• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Vent Warning - Where Is My Recruit?

In summary, the expert suggests meeting with the new recruit, going over the business with them, and setting action steps for them. The expert suggests coaching the new recruit on prospecting for business, and setting deadlines for them.
ljeffries
Ok...I need help on motivating a new recruit. She was SO excited about sig ning. We talked for about a month before she signed. I met with her, her husband, even her parents. I had them all over for a Pampered Chef dinner and discussed the business with all of them - because I think that family support is so important.

She gave me her 4 dates and names of her hosts for her first shows. Of course, 3 of them were family members, but that is great to help get started. The 4th show was a lead that I gave her from a past show (actually one of her mothers best friends). SO - that said....she is doing nothing! She has had her kit for 2 weeks, has not done anything since then!! I know she is not just a kit-napper.

Any suggestions on what I can do to motivate her? I know this is going to sound bad, but I want her qualified before October 31 so that I will get the Pan-o-Rama points, and I want the 2000 incentive points!!

Any thoughts will be appreciated!!:confused: :confused:

What are HER goals?? - I know you want items from Pan-o-rama but you mgith want to remind her about what SHE will get from getting qualified by October 31st

What coaching calls have you had with her - Does she know how to do a host packet???

I have gone over everything with her. Her goals were set before she signed.
I have called her every other day since she signed....but she hasn't done anything toward getting a show on the books.
I am not trying to deflect blame to her (completely), I just don't know what else to do. My first recruit qualified within 30 days and has been 'gung-ho' since.
I have coached her on prospecting for business using her list of 100, made a list of businesses within walking distance of her house that would be perfect to 'pamper' or to at least visit (salons, banks, etc). Plus - she has the 4 shows that we listed when she signed. She has not scheduled those.
I think that part of the problem is that she thinks the business will knock on her door rather than the other way around!

Ok, sorry for the vent - off to cluster meeting. Maybe that will help!! AND - she is too busy to go to the meeting today!

I would encourage her to log in to consultant's corner and do the online training.

Is is possible she is nervous about doing her first shows??

Here's my take on it
first, don't panic! two weeks really isn't all that long
Next, have you asked her why she isn't getting dates for her shows? Perhaps she needs help with the words to use. Some people, especially women, have a hard time asking for what they need.
I would set an action plan with her, something small first. Like have her select a date for her own kick off show. Then you can help her plan the show, and set a new action step. Have her call YOU when she completes them. That way you are not the one setting up/running her business.
Just my ideas, hope it helps!

First, don't work harder on her business than she is. As far as getting the shows scheduled... what I would do is offer her some kind of gift.. maybe a small product or whatever... if she gets at least 3 of the shows dated by Friday. She might just need some deadlines to work with.

Invite her for coffee and have her bring her calendar and training binder (from kit). I know this seems redundant, but there is something going on...a question or issue that has not been addressed or she is letting her "inner gremlin" get the better of her.
Maybe she needs moral support on the phone...have you offered to do a 3-way with the hosts? Or let her listen in on a few of your calls with hosts (let them know she's there).
Just a few suggestions, and as frustrating as this is, remember it is about her not you. She does need to honor her contract though!

I appreciate all of your thoughts!
Thanks Colleen for this = "First, don't work harder on her business than she is."
I have tried e-mailing and calling and have gotten no replies this week at all. I will try her during the day tomorrow and see if I can find her.

Maybe she is afraid of the first show, or is having difficulty knowing what to do first. I know sometimes I get overwhelmed when I have too much to do & just shut down. Maybe you could offer to go to her first show with her in case she gets jittery so you would be there to help/support.

ljeffries said:
I know she is not just a kit-napper.

:( And what makes you so sure of that? I'm sorry, but this is a really sore subject with me!!

When these people sign, there is an agreement that they will do so many shows! When they don't, we've called them "kit-nappers". I'm a little tougher, I suppose, but I call them "thieves and liars":mad: ....sorry, but that's how I feel about it....:grumpy:

I hope it works out with a better result here!!:cry:

When I have had difficulty getting a consultant to qualify I have offered her incentives just what was mentioned (I do the TTA if they qualify in 30 days), but I also give her a perk for her first 4 hosts. Collector's item SB, the ones you can't buy anymore or something inexpensive and I have her tell her hosts that for being her first Host they will not only get an extra freebie from the company but also one from her Director. This has really worked for me as some people don't want to miss out on anything, especially an extra extra. If those hosts need motivation to commit and she's still too new to know the right words to say I offer to call them with the excuse that I want to tell them about the additional gift I'm going to give them. Keep in mind that I only do this when a lot is at stake for me and I REALLY want that qualifcation. Sometimes it just takes those first few shows to get the ball rolling, maybe she is just putting it off although deep inside she does want to do something.

Kitnapper situation - And I have had my share - It has you list 4 shows or dates on your calendar on the application but no where in the contract do I see a requirement that you HAVE to do 4 shows. We as recruiters need to encourage them to get those 4 shows in. We also need to find out WHY they are having trouble getting started.

I have had a couple of people that were honest with me and wanted the kit because it was such a good deal and I would not let them do it. I gently remind them that it is a kit to start or at least try out our business not a great deal on products.

Kitnappers - rebuffingI have had people asking me lately, "can you just buy the kit and not do any shows?" and the way I answer them is this way:

"Well, I guess you could, but that's a pretty crappy thing to do to the consultant, so if you want the kit, you should at least do the 4 shows - even if they're catalog shows - so you don't screw over the consultant."

Of course, I use different language based on the person I'm talking to, but this is basically how I put it. This way, I put those people off who are just trying to get a "deal" on the products, but someone who is willing to do the 4 shows for it might still go for it (then see how easy it is to make money at this and possibly continue?! You never know!). I also only get people who are truly interested in pursuing this as a business by explaining it this way, as well.

LamarIt sounds like you got some great advice already. I would just ask what is holding them back (could be fear, whatever) and then help with that. If it is fear of the first show, having you there could be just what they need to hear. Good luck and I hope it works out for you!! Keep us posted!

Kathytnt said:
Kitnapper situation - And I have had my share - It has you list 4 shows or dates on your calendar on the application but no where in the contract do I see a requirement that you HAVE to do 4 shows. We as recruiters need to encourage them to get those 4 shows in. We also need to find out WHY they are having trouble getting started.

I have had a couple of people that were honest with me and wanted the kit because it was such a good deal and I would not let them do it. I gently remind them that it is a kit to start or at least try out our business not a great deal on products.
You are sooo right! I think I posted this before, but I had a kit napper actually tell me that she had a friend of hers (a lawyer) look at the agreement she signed and then proceeded to tell me she didn't have to do the shows. (grrrrrr!)

Addie4TLC said:
You are sooo right! I think I posted this before, but I had a kit napper actually tell me that she had a friend of hers (a lawyer) look at the agreement she signed and then proceeded to tell me she didn't have to do the shows. (grrrrrr!)

People like that just don't have any integrity and you wouldn't want them on your team anyway. It is frustrating though!:grumpy:

This one really saw me coming..... She set up an appointment with me at Starbucks, I explained everything to her and gave her a quick start box. Luckily I was low on catalogs and I told her that I took 25 out of her pack but that I would replace them as started to get low. She was so enthusiastic about it, I thought this one was a keeper. So far I have only had two kit nappers, so I guess it's not too bad. 2 out of nearly 25 people.

Getting started can be a very overwhelming experience, no matter how gung-ho the newbie. There is so much to read and learn that eventually you end up on overload and quit absorbing. I think it would have been very helpful if the person that recruited me would have come over and coached me through a pretend show, even though before my first show I didn't think I needed the help. In hind sight it would have boosted my comfort/confidence level for my first show. During my first show I didn't say anything about Simple Additions and barely mentioned the Forged Cutlery. I had rehearsed in my head about a million times what I wanted to say, but when it came time to do it, I got nervous and forgot half of what I wanted to say.:grumpy: Do you think that if you offered to do something like this it might help?

pcmissyfee said:
Getting started can be a very overwhelming experience, no matter how gung-ho the newbie. There is so much to read and learn that eventually you end up on overload and quit absorbing. I think it would have been very helpful if the person that recruited me would have come over and coached me through a pretend show, even though before my first show I didn't think I needed the help. In hind sight it would have boosted my comfort/confidence level for my first show. During my first show I didn't say anything about Simple Additions and barely mentioned the Forged Cutlery. I had rehearsed in my head about a million times what I wanted to say, but when it came time to do it, I got nervous and forgot half of what I wanted to say.:grumpy: Do you think that if you offered to do something like this it might help?

Do you think that it would have really made a difference? I know that for my first show everything that I prepared went out the window! I don't think all the coaching in the world would have helped that!:)

Ok, back to the original post....
My AD called her just to check in with her. She said that her life is just 'so busy' now (what changed in a week) and yada yada yada....she is thinking about sending the kit back. I truly think this is a blessing in disguise!
Thanks for all the thoughts!!

If and when I get a recruit I am going to try helping them practice before their first show. I will see then if it helps.

To be truthfull I looked and read everything before I started. I signed 2 weeks before I did my first show and that was with no guidence (at the beginning) from my director. She came to my first show and said I looked like I was doing this for years. I give credit to "Live Cooking Show" video. It really did help. Everything that comes in the starter kit is trully that. A STARTER!

It sounds to me like you did everything you needed to do and she seems to have looked back and think it is a bad idea. Is there anyway you could meet with her for coffee with Consultant Guide in hand (for reference) and see what her fears are? If it is timing she could just wait. If it is how to do a show walk her through with the guide. If she needs more support offer to contact her 1 day a week on a set day and time. I know it would mess you up points wise but it is about what is right for her. I have 2 inactives that are coming back by treating them like newbies and it is working. I contact them 1 day a week on a set day and time. It might make a difference.

ljeffries said:
Ok, back to the original post....
My AD called her just to check in with her. She said that her life is just 'so busy' now (what changed in a week) and yada yada yada....she is thinking about sending the kit back. I truly think this is a blessing in disguise!
Thanks for all the thoughts!!
That is exactly what this one said! Life got too busy all of a sudden. The other kit napper I had was a little easier to find and I did take the kit back from her.

My take: I was super eager when I signed up 3 years ago this month and over 5 weeks later did not have my first show, I wanted to read all my kit infor before I called anyone. My recruiter called me the next week before a long holiday and said if you can find a show next week I will come out (1.45 hours away) and help you demonstrate a show. I had never been to a show before and although I knew it was something i could do. I was scared to death.

Why did your consultant sign and perhaps ask what she needs to do to feel comfortable, maybe she needs time to read all the pc info before she jumps on the horse as I did?
lorna

What is a "Vent Warning"?

A "Vent Warning" is a notification that appears on your Pampered Chef consultant account when one of your recruits has not yet completed their training or submitted their first order.

Where can I find my recruit's "Vent Warning"?

Your recruit's "Vent Warning" can be found on your consultant account dashboard, under the "My Team" tab. You can also access it by clicking on your recruit's name in the "My Team" section.

Why is my recruit's "Vent Warning" important?

Your recruit's "Vent Warning" is important because it reminds you to follow up with your recruit and offer support and guidance to ensure they are successful in their Pampered Chef journey.

What should I do when I see a "Vent Warning" for my recruit?

When you see a "Vent Warning" for your recruit, reach out to them and offer your assistance. You can also provide them with resources and tips to help them complete their training and submit their first order.

How can I prevent "Vent Warnings" for my recruits?

To prevent "Vent Warnings" for your recruits, make sure to stay in communication with them and offer support and guidance throughout their training process. Encourage them to complete their training and submit their first order in a timely manner.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heather223
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
heather223
  • Kelly8
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
mscharf
  • byrd1956