• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recruits Disappearing: Has This Happened to Anyone Else?

In summary, Bobby said that he has had two people approach him about joining PC, but they have all disappeared after he sends them information. He thinks that this happens because the people don't want to disappoint Bobby and they disappear after several attempts. Bobby also said that he will take disappearing over standing him up at a coffee shop.
Chef Bobby
Gold Member
Just recently, I've had two different people approach me about joining PC. I send them all of the information brouchures and then they disappear. Has this happened to anyone else?

Bobby

Yes. ANd it is quite irritating. :mad:

Yes, this happens frequently. Try to establish a relationship with them, but keep in mind that all of us think that "if we don't tell them no, they can't be mad at us." So they disappear into thin air. If I have made several attempts with no response...my favorite word AND attitude are....
NEXT!

I agree totally...A couple of months ago, I thought I had a real good prospect and all of sudden she left with no trace. So I really have been trying really hard to go slow and not be too pushy.:eek: :eek: :eek:

I will take dissappearing over standing me up at a coffee shop

I really think it's that they don't want to disappoint us. After several tries I tell them to please call or email and let me know what's going on so that I don't keep bothering them if they aren't interested and so that I know when they think they'll be able to talk more about it so I know when to call them back again. That often works but not always.

Kathytnt said:
I will take dissappearing over standing me up at a coffee shop
Had that done too. I called her, she explained why...legit reason. Never heard from her or saw her again.

This has happened to me soooo many times! It gets my hopes up and then I never hear from them again. I even had a lady who was a definate "yes" and even use her free show credit towards her kit completley disappear. She literally moved to a different house and never contacted me again! My mom see's her at work and the lady avoids her like the plague!

Be happy they disappeared and didn't end up being a kit-napper. I signed someone up who got the kit and never did anything.

Chef Bobby said:
Just recently, I've had two different people approach me about joining PC. I send them all of the information brouchures and then they disappear. Has this happened to anyone else?

Bobby

Did you follow up with a call or interview about what is in there? Also, do you think you might have sent them TOO much info? From my training last night, Barbara Duke said "never send them too much info. You want them to have questions to they can call you and talk with you more about it" Send them a teaser. Nothing that is going to overwhelm them."

SillyChef said:
Did you follow up with a call or interview about what is in there? Also, do you think you might have sent them TOO much info? From my training last night, Barbara Duke said "never send them too much info. You want them to have questions to they can call you and talk with you more about it" Send them a teaser. Nothing that is going to overwhelm them."

My NED also said this. She said that when you give them too much, they think they have all their questions answered & don't need to talk to you. She only gives them the Your Life, Your Way brochure (which she thinks is just fluff anyway) and the DVD. That's it. She said the new booklet should only be used at a recruiting interview.

Exactly. She said she also saves the dvd for the REAL recruits.

That might be what I did. I sent them everything I could think of including an empowering women magazine. I guess I'll just move on like someone said. NEXT!

Too much info huh? Maybe that's what I did too. When I was looking into the business, I wanted to know EVERYTHING! That might just be me though. I guess if I just gave them a little, I wouldn't be out a whole lot if they gave me the disappearing act.

I am so guilty of sending too much stuff too!! That is why I am trying to do more Cook and Looks. That too may involve too much of me talking. It has to be all about the recruit. My team has some good numbers, but could always use more!!

1. What are "Disappearing Recruits"?

"Disappearing Recruits" refer to individuals who have enlisted in the military but have failed to report for duty, leading to their status being classified as "AWOL" (Absent Without Official Leave). This can also include individuals who have not been heard from or located after completing their initial training.

2. How common are "Disappearing Recruits"?

According to a report by the United States Government Accountability Office, around 1 in 10 recruits goes AWOL each year. However, this number has been decreasing over the years due to the implementation of stricter recruitment and retention policies.

3. What are the consequences of being a "Disappearing Recruit"?

Being classified as AWOL can result in serious consequences for the individual, including being charged with a federal crime, facing a dishonorable discharge from the military, and potentially losing certain benefits and privileges. Additionally, the individual may face difficulties in finding employment or obtaining security clearances in the future.

4. What are some reasons why recruits may go AWOL?

There can be a variety of reasons why a recruit may go AWOL, including personal issues such as family problems, financial difficulties, or mental health concerns. Some may also have second thoughts about their decision to join the military or may struggle with the demands and expectations of military life.

5. What steps can be taken to prevent "Disappearing Recruits"?

The military has implemented various measures to prevent recruits from going AWOL, such as conducting thorough background checks and psychological evaluations during the recruitment process, providing support and resources for recruits during training, and implementing stricter consequences for those who do go AWOL. Additionally, improving communication and addressing any underlying issues that may lead to AWOL behavior can also help prevent "Disappearing Recruits".

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
  • lockhartkitchen
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Katiek77
  • PampChefDeb