• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Overcoming Objections to Direct Sales Home Shows & Family Time

In summary, it is possible to maintain a family life and work part-time from home through PC. It takes some planning and discipline, but it is possible.
beepampered
How do you overcome the objection that Direct Sales home shows takes time away from the family? With many phone calls and most shows needing to be done during prime family time, what do you say to someone wanting to maintain family time rather than working during that same time?

I would say to a potential that phone time really only needs to take 15 - 20 minutes a night. As far as shows go, that is what is great about PC. You can decide when is a good time for you. Look at your calendar, do you have something going on every night of the week? Are there one or two nights a week that would work? That's really only 8 nights out of 30 or 31, about 25%. And if something is going on that is important for your family, just don't schedule a show. If they are looking at PC because they need the extra income, it is much less time than if they were to get a evenings and weekends job, and the pay is much better! If they are doing it because they want to earn free products, they don't have to do as many shows. If they are doing (like me partially) for a break from the kids, it's a perfect break!

"It is the best thing you can do for your family away from your family."

You can still have family time and make calls, etc...pick 1 night a week to do that, not all...

Also, kids need "daddy" alone time too!

Actually in thinking of that last line...get a copy of "Come to the Basement" - I haven't read it, just skimmed a few pages, but one father was much more supportive of PC when he viewed his role with his kids while his wife was at a show as being a parent rather than babysitting his kids. We tend to view Mom as the only parent even when there are two parents and act like the kids can't exist without mom. Sometimes Mom needs to get away to really be appreciated and they need to bond with Dad too!

PC has actually given my daughter and i something to do together! Every night she asked to be my "PC helper" just to cook supper. When i sit down to do some work I always have something small she can do too like stamp catalogs or fliers or re pack my goodie bag. And just who do yuo think put all those "not available" stickers on every julienne peeler? LOL

Have them sit down with a calendar and ask them if they did become a consultant where they would book shows. You could advise that they could do them Saturday morning, this still leaves them the majority of the day with their family. One of my upper directors said. "My parties are my weekly "girls night out", instead of spending money I make money. My husband LOVES that."
I would never tell them give up time now to have more time later. (That is a favorite of an evil company that I won't mention). Tell them that they really can choose their own schedule. If they really wanted they could only do catalog shows. But in the end it is their choice, if they're not convinced that it might have the possibility of working, then it won't.

My personal story helps others see how PC can fit into your family life. My Director uses me too as an example. Teacher by day, I have skills to keep my PC business organized. I believe this is the key to a successful PC business. Many people spend wasted time. Look to see how much time you are spending doing things that will help you Make money vs. things that don't make you money: ex. not organizing all the time.I teach full-time,married and have 3 children ages 13,8,4. I started PC to have "adult conversation" outside of just my husband and I wanted free products. Once a week was fine. I didn't need PC as income, but found that will a show average of $500, my extra money came in handy for things. I put my goal on director and quitting my teaching job. My husband promised when PC could replace my salary I could. Well, can't say I'm there yet, but I stepped it up and for the first time in two 1/2 years, I'm booked for Sep/Oct. I wanted to do 2 shows a week, but have 9-10 for each of the months plus "frosting on the cake" catalog shows. My commission in Sep. is our earnest money for our house we're putting an offer on in Sep.What started as a "hobby" as my husband referred to it, is becoming a successful second income. I have my shows timed so I am home before they go to bed a few days a week. My calendar is highlighted on days available. When clients see I have soccer or openhouse already booked, they see that I am a real person too. I hope they see how it can fit into their lives too. When people say they are too busy, etc. most of the time is time management issues not true time. I have my daughters help sticker and stamp. I have a very supportive husband.I always had the vision of turning PC into something, but now that my husband sees that with his home business coming close to matching my teaching job, I may be able to quit within the next couple of years. He is very proud of me. Chocolatejunkie does the same thing I do- I don't book Saturday nights. I book early afternoon which gives me time with the family. I actually stopped highlighting Saturdays on my calendar and was amazed that when not given the option people will choose another day. I keep Sat. available for an out of town show (more than 30 miles). My enthusiasm isn't always contagious. I have one recruit that has gone inactive twice. She just got active again. She is bilingual and would really get business around her. She is now unemployed. But she lacks the drive that would take her there. I continue to encourage, but ultimately if someone really wants it- they will get it!Sorry- it's so long
"Robert I'm glad you asked!! (Not my Director- it was her husband that asked- funny?)

lockhartkitchen said:
Chocolatejunkie does the same thing I do- I don't book Saturday nights. I book early afternoon which gives me time with the family. I actually stopped highlighting Saturdays on my calendar and was amazed that when not given the option people will choose another day. I keep Sat. available for an out of town show (more than 30 miles).
Yes!!! Take your calendar, and block out all your other committments--job, church, whatever, and FAMILY TIME. Block it out, or you'll say, "Well there really isn't any reason I couldn't do a show then..." But there is a reason--spending time with your family!

I just did this with my calendar for Sept/Oct, and highlighted the days I want to do shows. It does work! Make exceptions rare, and for specific reasons, like out-of-town shows. I think it goes back to how women say "sorry" for everything, even when it's not their fault. Don't apologize for taking that time for you and your family!

chelynn said:
Yes!!! Take your calendar, and block out all your other committments--job, church, whatever, and FAMILY TIME. Block it out, or you'll say, "Well there really isn't any reason I couldn't do a show then..." But there is a reason--spending time with your family!

I just did this with my calendar for Sept/Oct, and highlighted the days I want to do shows. It does work! Make exceptions rare, and for specific reasons, like out-of-town shows. I think it goes back to how women say "sorry" for everything, even when it's not their fault. Don't apologize for taking that time for you and your family!

I am very firm about when I will and won't do shows. I will do shows Mon, Tues, Thurs Evenings and Sat brunch/lunch shows. That's it. This is reflected on my calendar. Only the days that I work are open - the other dates are crossed off. When someone asks about a Friday or Sat Evening, I just smile and say "Sorry, I don't work those hours - those are family times". Same thing goes for Sunday Shows. Sundays are church for us, and DH and I are both very involved, and lead a Small Group Bible Study on Sun. night also.

I have had people say "Wow! Good for you - scheduling your time like that." I have NEVER had anyone not book a show because of when I work. They may say "I wish you did Sunday night shows".....but then they will go ahead and book a different time.
One of the things I love most about this job is that I am in control of my schedule and my time. An odd thing about me too is that the busier I am, the more organized I am.

Hello I am waiting on my kit to get here. I am very excited about starting with pc but a little nervous too. I really like the products they have and cant wait to try them out. Hope I can get bookings.

1. Can I really make a profit from direct sales home shows?

Yes, absolutely! Direct sales home shows are a great way to earn a profit because you have the opportunity to sell products directly to customers without any overhead costs. Plus, you can earn even more by hosting multiple shows and building a customer base.

2. How do I handle objections from potential hosts or guests who are hesitant to attend a home show or make a purchase?

First, it's important to listen to their concerns and address them with empathy. Then, highlight the benefits of hosting a show or purchasing products, such as free products, discounts, and the convenience of shopping from home. You can also offer a satisfaction guarantee to ease any hesitations.

3. How can I encourage my friends and family to attend my home show and support my business?

One great way to encourage attendance is to offer a special discount or promotion exclusively for friends and family. You can also emphasize the importance of their support and how it can help you grow your business. Additionally, make sure to communicate the fun and social aspect of home shows, where they can shop and catch up with loved ones at the same time.

4. What if I'm not a natural salesperson and struggle with convincing others to make a purchase?

That's okay! One of the great things about direct sales home shows is that you don't have to be a salesperson. Just be yourself and share your genuine enthusiasm for the products. Offer personal anecdotes and demonstrations to showcase the value and benefits of the products. Remember, people are more likely to buy from someone they know and trust.

5. How can I make sure my home show is a success and leads to future bookings and sales?

Preparation is key! Make sure to have all your materials and products ready, and create a welcoming and inviting atmosphere for your guests. During the show, engage with your guests and offer them personalized attention and recommendations. After the show, follow up with all attendees and offer them the opportunity to host their own show or make future purchases. Also, make sure to stay organized and keep track of potential leads for future business opportunities.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jolie_Paradoxe
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • mrssyvo
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
  • esavvymom