• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do You Get Over the Fear and Doubt?

In summary, the author is getting support and coaching from her director and senior director to overcome her fears of talking to people. She decided to take the plunge and focus on recruiting and has started by making calls. She is getting awesome support and is looking to promote by leadership by December 1.
jenwallace
Gold Member
I recently decided to take the plunge, focus on recruiting and work toward becoming a Director. To be honest, it scares the bejeebies out of me, but that is one of the reasons I'm doing it. I have phone phobia, I have talking-to-stranger phobia, and I'm afraid of being "that pushy PC lady." I wonder if I'll have enough shows, will I have enough sales, etc. So, the best way to fight your fears is to face them head on, right?

I'm getting awesome support and coaching from my Director and my Senior Director. I am curious how YOU got over your hurdles, though.

Once I had that first recruit under my belt it gave me all the confidence in the world the sign, sign, sign. For me, the fear of talking to people disappeared after that first recruit.

Write down your goals. Write down a script (or find one in the business guide or on CC or from your director). Make a list of who you want to call. Set the time to do it and then CALL. You won't get over it until you DO it.

It's like your first show - it's never going to happen again. Once you make calling a habit you won't have the phone phobia.

Just share your excitement and enthusiasm. Most important: Make it about them. Listen to what THEY want and help them find it with PC.

BethCooks4U said:
Just share your excitement and enthusiasm. Most important: Make it about them. Listen to what THEY want and help them find it with PC.

I think that was the key for me, I had to listen to what they had to say. Once I did that it made all the difference in the world.

I agreeFacing them head on makes the fear and doubt go away. When we sit around wasting time thinking about all the horrible things that could happen, the worst that can happen in reality is they say no. That's not so bad.

It's in our human nature to want to be accepted and liked so the fear of rejection can be very strong for some. I have learned that talking over the phone is easier than talking in person. But I will do both if I have to in order to really reach my goals.

Accountability is good too. Partner up with another PC consultant in your cluster and keep track of the things you are both doing. It's ok to be honest and on some days say "I did absolutely nothing today!" It is our business and flexibility is nice, but we will also be able to see why we aren't having as many shows as we would like. Or reaching our goals.

Debbie :D

For me, I decided that if I wanted to achieve my goals, I had to get over myself and just do it! No one was coming to me! Just do it! It's not about us! It's about who we can help!

I suggest the Online Training center and click on Offering the Opportunity. It does focus on recruits from cooking shows, but my problem was always the wording. I needed to actually hear what other people were saying so I can figure out what I was saying wrong. I just took it this morning and now I feel more confident for my calls I will be making all this week and meeting random people while I am out with the kids.

Good advice here. I think like Beth said, it's all about them. You can "throw up" all over them by jabbering on and on about all the reasons you love PC and never hit on why they are interested, so ask! "What made you interested in The Pampered Chef? If you think you're getting off course or going on and on too much, go back to that question.

Then always follow up with , "Are you ready to give it a try?" Another good question to get to the root of their concerns is, "What's stopping you from giving it a try right now?"

I took a recruiting class at conference and have recruited 2 in August! I have a few more waiting in the wings!! Are you on board with me to promote by leadership???? :thumbup: :cool:

DizziePixie said:
Are you on board with me to promote by leadership???? :thumbup: :cool:
THe goal my Senior Director is encouraging us to set is to promote by Dec 1. So, that would get us there by Leadership. I have my first accountability meeting with my director this coming Thursday.

It's amazing how just a change in thinking makes you see potential leads everywhere. I went through a drive thru the other morning, and the gal was SOO wonderful! Such great customer service. I complimented her and she acted like I made her day! I think I'm going to go again and see if I can drop some hints to her that I would love to have her on my team!

I just have to keep reminding myself that I am offering to enrich their lives! There's no harm in asking!

What is the best way to overcome fear and doubt?

The best way to overcome fear and doubt is to acknowledge and confront your fears. Identify the root cause of your fear and actively work towards overcoming it. This may involve seeking support from loved ones, practicing positive self-talk, and taking small steps towards facing your fears.

How can I build my confidence and self-esteem?

Building confidence and self-esteem involves changing your mindset and learning to love and accept yourself. Practice positive affirmations, set achievable goals, and surround yourself with supportive and encouraging people. Additionally, taking care of your physical and mental health can also help boost your confidence.

What are some tips for managing self-doubt?

One tip for managing self-doubt is to focus on your strengths and accomplishments. Remind yourself of past successes and use them as motivation to push through self-doubt. It can also be helpful to seek outside perspectives and advice from trusted individuals who can offer a different perspective on your doubts.

How do I stop comparing myself to others?

To stop comparing yourself to others, try to shift your focus to your own journey and progress. Remember that everyone has their own unique path and comparing yourself to others is not productive. Surround yourself with positive and supportive individuals who uplift and encourage you rather than trigger feelings of comparison.

What are some ways to face and overcome fear?

One way to face and overcome fear is to gradually expose yourself to the things that scare you. This can help desensitize you to the fear and build your confidence. Also, remind yourself that fear is a natural emotion and it's okay to feel afraid. Seek support from others and practice self-care to help you face your fears in a healthy and manageable way.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kitchen2u
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
mrssyvo
  • Bill Faber
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
Bill Faber
  • proadventures