• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sharing the Opportunity Advice!

In summary, a group of Chef Success Directors compiled a list of tips to help build teams. These tips include having a consistent show schedule, asking everyone and following up with leads, asking for help from Directors during recruiting interviews, attending sales and hospitality meetings, participating in training opportunities, attending national and leadership conferences, promoting with a buddy, meeting monthly sales goals, and promoting new recruiting promotions. It is recommended to hold monthly or bi-monthly recruiting informational meetings with personal invitations to potential leads. However, it is important to be careful not to overwhelm with information.
ChefLisa
Hi all!

Several Chef Success Directors and I put together this list of tips to help everyone build their teams. Please take a look at it and ask yourself if you are doing every one of them. If you are not doing one of them, give it a try. Hopefully it will have a huge impact on your business. I think if you were to ask any Director which she/he did to promote, she/he would tell you all of them!

1. Make sure you have a consistent show schedule. You need a minimum of six to eight cooking shows per month to get in front of enough people to gather up enough leads.

2. Of course you need to ask everyone and follow up with each lead. Do you ask your catalog host if they are interested? I was a catalog host before joining. I have had a catalog host join. PLEASE ASK EVERYONE! Never prejudge!

3. Ask your Director to help you at recruiting interviews. If your Director does not live close enough, find someone else who is a successful recruiter who could help you.

4. Attend every sales meeting. If your Director does not live close enough, find a Hospitality Meeting. They really are that important.

5. As soon as you are working a consistent show schedule of a minimum of six to eight shows per month (maybe three months straight), ask your Director to participate in a Step up to Director program.

6. Make sure a recruit has six shows on her/his calendar before signing the recruit. Ask for the hosts names and dates of the shows. This will help minimize kitnappers.

7. Take advantage of all of the training opportunities. Take all of the online training (if you are on Chef Success, you have enough time to take the online training;) ); take Table Teletalk Classes; purchase or borrow the training CDs and listen to them; attend all training your Director or Hospitality Director offers; and attend all Home Office training when they come to your area. Even if you have taken a particular training, be sure to take it again if you have not perfected the skills taught in it.

8. Attend National Conference and Leadership Conference (if you are a Future Director). Not only is the training great, you will be motivated by the excitement of the events!

9. Make sure everyone knows you are helping others start their own Pampered Chef businesses. You never know when someone you know will know someone who needs a new career path.

10. Find a buddy to whom you can be accountable. Work on promoting together. There are quite a few Consultants on Chef Success who want to promote. Get together and promote together!

11. When you promote, your team will need to sell a minimum of $4,000 in sales each month, including your sales. Make sure you are selling that amount (or very close to that amount) every month to ensure you always meet that goal.

12. When a new recruiting promotion comes out, make sure you notify everyone about it. We have such a great promotion going on right now! Have fun sharing that information!

These tips are brought to you by several of the Directors on Chef Success. We all want to see everyone promote who wants to promote! You can do it! You are no different than any of us and we did it!

Thank you!
Lisa

Thanks, Lisa! I'm really going to start concentrating on recruiting, and those tips will definitely help!

Thanks Lisa!

Thanks to all of you who helped come up with the list.

Thanks so much! I'm starting to focus more on recruiting and these are great checkpoints to work on!

Chef Lisa
Do any of you Directors hold monthly or bi-monthly recruiting informational meetings? I am thinking about doing that, where I would personally invite by phone and e-mail maybe 10 leads or more to come to my house or a coffee shop to just get some information. They could ask all the questions they want and I'd give them snacks or something.
I'd love to know who does this and how they do it. I'd also like to know how successfull it is.

I have tried to put an opportunity meetings together. Unfortunatly for me, I couldn't get a date that people were able to do. I invite everyone to my monthly cluster meeting, and I do a lot of one on one time. Usually over the phone. I am hoping to be able to do more face to face since my son will be in school 3 days starting this week.
I do think it is a great idea though, just be careful about how much information you present. You don't want to go over board or you'll have people with the deer in the headlights look. I would recommend trying an informal almost show format. Do a recipe, have them help and talk about the business while you are getting to know each other.

Thanks for the info, I have been trying to pump up my recruiting efforts. My only problem is I cannot seem to get 6-8 shows in per month, between life and not being able to get that many bookings. I will have to work harder, I guess.

THANK YOU for this. It's nice to see everything laid out in order like this! :D

JAE said:
Chef Lisa
Do any of you Directors hold monthly or bi-monthly recruiting informational meetings? I am thinking about doing that, where I would personally invite by phone and e-mail maybe 10 leads or more to come to my house or a coffee shop to just get some information. They could ask all the questions they want and I'd give them snacks or something.
I'd love to know who does this and how they do it. I'd also like to know how successfull it is.
I have done this a few times but it's not easy to have more than 1 or 2 interested at the same time when our teams are smaller. This is a great idea and I encourage you to do it (in fact I need to schedule one of these soon - thanks for the reminder) but I think it works best when you have a larger group with a couple of directors and future directors involved.

There's even an outline available from PC called "A Sampling of The Pampered Chef" (I believe that's the title). It may only be available to directors so ask yours for a copy.

Can someone tell me what the Step Up to Director program is about. My director just challenged me that if I became a FD she would get the material for the course. Any idea what it's all about???

Thanks for making this list:) I'm doing some calls today to tell people about the promo going on.

The Step Up to Director program is a 4 class program where your director works with you to set your goals and find out what you need to be doing to achieve them. It gives you great scripts with really good wording for recruiting. I haven't actually used the program yet, but I have a couple of FD's that would probably love this? Anyone else promote from this or use it to promote someone?

Thank you, Cindy!!! As my director and I go through the steps of this class I'll pass on what I learn.

JAE said:
Chef Lisa

I don't do a separate night. I tell anyone who wants more info to come to our TEAM Training at 6pm instead of 7pm. I can spend time with them, show the YLYW DVD and get them signed. Then they can stay for our team training at 7pm. I do this every month. Some months, people come, other months they don't. That way I don't tie up an extra night and no one shows. Plus, consultants know this is available each month so they can just invite people to come.

finley1991 said:
I don't do a separate night. I tell anyone who wants more info to come to our TEAM Training at 6pm instead of 7pm. I can spend time with them, show the YLYW DVD and get them signed. Then they can stay for our team training at 7pm. I do this every month. Some months, people come, other months they don't. That way I don't tie up an extra night and no one shows. Plus, consultants know this is available each month so they can just invite people to come.
My team meetings were 10-12 on Saturday morning and I had offered that from 12-1 but found that most people needed to get going on Saturdays and didn't take advantage of it. September we are moving to an evening meeting and I will try this! Thanks for mentioning it.:thumbup:

I do the 2nd Tuesday of each month. :)

We're trying the first Thursday. I want to get away from Saturdays because I just know that it will fall on the Saturdays that DS will decide to come home from college for visits and it's enough that I will probably have shows during some (many) of those weekends. Selfish I know but...

I also am hoping by moving it that I can get some of the consultants who have kids in sports on Saturdays. I know, it's EVERYDAY, but maybe this will work out better for more of us.

finley1991 said:

My cluster does the same thing. Our meetings are at 7:30 and we can bring a new recruit at 7:00 for the director to sit with them and tell them more about the company. We also do one night a month where the director does a live cooking show in her home for all the new consultants. Everyone loves that!!!

Thanks for doing this.....

Thank you for this help! I really needed something solid to go on. :)

1. How do I know if Pampered Chef is the right opportunity for me?

Pampered Chef offers a flexible and rewarding direct sales opportunity for individuals who are passionate about cooking, entertaining, and helping others. You can also reach out to a Pampered Chef consultant for more information and to learn about their personal experiences with the company.

2. What are the benefits of becoming a Pampered Chef consultant?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you will have the opportunity to earn an income through selling high-quality kitchen products, hosting cooking parties, and building a team. You will also have access to training, support, and resources to help you grow your business.

3. How do I get started with Pampered Chef?

To get started as a Pampered Chef consultant, you can reach out to a current consultant or visit the Pampered Chef website to sign up. You will need to purchase a starter kit, which includes products and business materials, to begin your journey as a consultant.

4. Can I still work as a Pampered Chef consultant if I have a full-time job?

Yes, many Pampered Chef consultants have full-time jobs and work their business on the side. The flexibility of the business allows you to work around your schedule and earn extra income. You can also set your own goals and determine how much time you want to dedicate to your business.

5. What kind of support will I receive as a Pampered Chef consultant?

Pampered Chef provides ongoing support and training for consultants through online resources, conferences, and mentorship programs. You will also have a team of consultants to connect with and learn from. Additionally, Pampered Chef offers incentives and rewards to help you reach your goals and grow your business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
StacieB
  • heather223