• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Recruiting Success: Tips for a Successful Interview Invitation

In summary, this woman was talking to her dentist about how her daughter wrecked the car, had to pay $1000 in repairs, how her kids always want to go out to eat, she wishes she could just cook at home and save money, how it's rough
riggs62
Well, let me start by saying, I've never invited anyone to the business before. I was in the dentist office and the hygenist and I usually chat about kids and family and what not during my cleaning. Well, this last time she was talking about how her daughter wrecked the car, had to pay $1000 in repairs, how her kids always want to go out to eat, she wishes she could just cook at home and save money, how it's rough being a single mom....etc. She was practically begging me to invite her to join pc. But of course, her hands were in my mouth and I couldn't ask her!!! Then she had another appt. behind me and was eager to get home. So I didn't want to hold her up.
Well, what she said to me really had me thinking about her all weekend, so I called the office last week and left her a message. She called me back and I told her that I may be able to help her with her situation with the PC. She was really touched that I had been thinking about her and said she would call me back next week (when the kids go back to school, and she gets her Friday's off back) and maybe we could meet for lunch.
Ok, so I didn't vomit during the call, but I felt so SCARED! I was glad I did it, but now what!!! I'm taking the interview questions I found on here with me, with the DVD, new recruiting flyer and brochure. And maybe my first paycheck.
Does anyone who has done this before have any words of wisdom or things you wish you'd done your first time trying to recruit? I am super nervous. I hope she calls! And if she doesn't how soon do I call her?

Good job!!!! I would tell you (as hard as it is!!) don't be nervous. I have been with the company a year and hadn't recruited anyone. I was so nervous and anxious about it and that is all that came through when I was talking to them. I wasn't showing the confidence that they needed to see. I was just pushing myself on them because I so despretly wanted to recruit someone. I just took a class that Linda Bowles gave and it gave me some things to think about. She talked about how you have to sit back and listen. Don't do all the talking. Let them know you're interested in them and how this company can help them.

PS... after taking this class and changing my attitude about why I wanted to recruit, I recruited two people in a week. It feels amazing!!!! I wish you all the luck in the world. Let me know how you make out.

BEFORE you show her all of the stuff, say to her... "Thanks for meeting with me today! Tell me what you're thinking." Let her take the lead. ALL of the stuff you are taking might overwhelm her. DO NOT GIVE any of it to her unless she asks for it! Keep it simple. Those things... the flyers, brochures, dvd won't do your job for you. Just listen to what she has to say about wha she wants and needs and offer what PC has that can help her with that. If she feels she needs more info to make an educated decision, you can give the things to her then. Good luck!

I'm glad you posted this Colleen. I did a show Friday night and the host wants to become a consultant. I felt bad when I got home because I realized I didn't leave him anything other than a copy of Empowering Woman magazine. I wondered if I had to even bother giving him anything because he is sooooo very anxious and pumped to sign. I guess I will just leave things as they are and keep my literature for the next person. Thanks!!!

Thanks Dawn! Sometimes we make it worse! I'm not by any means the best at recruiting, but I've learned so much and now am to the point that I sign 90% of the people I get to the interview stage.

Before I learned to calm down about it, I would have someone ready to sign, and then I would give them more info, talk to them more and talk them right out of being a consultant! It was ugly!

I stumbled upon the "tell me what you're thinking" about 3 years ago. My best friend was dying of cancer and just had had a really bad day. I was bummed but knew I had a phone interview. I called the potential consultant and just couldn't get my head into it and all that would come to mind to say was, "Tell me what you're thinking..." She talked nonstop for about 8 minutes about everything going on in her life and finally said, "So how do I order the kit?" From that day, all I say is the "tell me what you're thinking" and then I can see where I need to fill in, if I need to fill in at all.

Ironically, this girl who signed that day is one of my best. I didn't offer the opportunity because she had just quit her job and was going to Guatamala (sp?) for three months to adopt two children. When she got back, I still didn't offer it to her because I figured she was busy with her kids. It was about a month later when we talked and she basically wanted to get out of the house one night a week for adult time. She had gone from full-time corporate america to full-time mom and needed a little "business" in her life. And she came to me... I never offered the biz to her. Live and learn.

I know this is getting really long and I promise to stop soon... where I see the consultants on my team who are REALLY STRUGGLING with recruiting is that they just keep giving the potential consultant more info hoping that will make the difference. First it's the brochure, next it's the DVD, next it's inviting them to a meeting. Now they are going to add the toll-free call to the endless list! And the one thing they aren't doing is ASKING THEM!!!!! They are hoping the "stuff" will take care of that for them! And they aren't setting up an interview! They are just giving the stuff hoping they'll call them and say, "hey... I want to do this."

There is no better recruiting piece than US! WE are the reason they sign with us, WE are the ones that can get them excited... not a brochure or DVD! WE can help them see how it will fit in!!!!

And we have nothing to lose by asking. Go get those interviews!!!!! Okay... I'm done now! :)

:D Thanks Colleen. I will take all the advice I can get, so type away. I definately had been doing that, talking pushing and NOT listening. I know I posted it in other threads and I think I even spoke to you about it. I was pushing way too hard. I changed the way I do my shows and how I handle things and WOW, what a difference it has made. Keep the advice coming... I look forward to it. I am soooo very pumped to go out there and become a director that I can't contain myself!!!!!

finley1991 said:
Thanks Dawn! Sometimes we make it worse! I'm not by any means the best at recruiting, but I've learned so much and now am to the point that I sign 90% of the people I get to the interview stage.

Before I learned to calm down about it, I would have someone ready to sign, and then I would give them more info, talk to them more and talk them right out of being a consultant! It was ugly!

I stumbled upon the "tell me what you're thinking" about 3 years ago. My best friend was dying of cancer and just had had a really bad day. I was bummed but knew I had a phone interview. I called the potential consultant and just couldn't get my head into it and all that would come to mind to say was, "Tell me what you're thinking..." She talked nonstop for about 8 minutes about everything going on in her life and finally said, "So how do I order the kit?" From that day, all I say is the "tell me what you're thinking" and then I can see where I need to fill in, if I need to fill in at all.

Ironically, this girl who signed that day is one of my best. I didn't offer the opportunity because she had just quit her job and was going to Guatamala (sp?) for three months to adopt two children. When she got back, I still didn't offer it to her because I figured she was busy with her kids. It was about a month later when we talked and she basically wanted to get out of the house one night a week for adult time. She had gone from full-time corporate america to full-time mom and needed a little "business" in her life. And she came to me... I never offered the biz to her. Live and learn.

I know this is getting really long and I promise to stop soon... where I see the consultants on my team who are REALLY STRUGGLING with recruiting is that they just keep giving the potential consultant more info hoping that will make the difference. First it's the brochure, next it's the DVD, next it's inviting them to a meeting. Now they are going to add the toll-free call to the endless list! And the one thing they aren't doing is ASKING THEM!!!!! They are hoping the "stuff" will take care of that for them! And they aren't setting up an interview! They are just giving the stuff hoping they'll call them and say, "hey... I want to do this."

There is no better recruiting piece than US! WE are the reason they sign with us, WE are the ones that can get them excited... not a brochure or DVD! WE can help them see how it will fit in!!!!

And we have nothing to lose by asking. Go get those interviews!!!!! Okay... I'm done now! :)
VERY well said!!

Finley,
great advice! I'll keep all of that stuff in my bag and let her talk about "her!" Do you usually tell them your "why" story after they talk for a while? Why you started and how it changed your life?
btw, thanks for all of your helpful tips. I don't mind long posts ....so type all you want, it's good stuff!

riggs62 said:
Finley,
great advice! I'll keep all of that stuff in my bag and let her talk about "her!" Do you usually tell them your "why" story after they talk for a while? Why you started and how it changed your life?
btw, thanks for all of your helpful tips. I don't mind long posts ....so type all you want, it's good stuff!

If there is time and if she seems interested. Since it's so easy to overwhelm them with info, it's so important for us to stay quiet! The only reason I wouldn't share it is if we think back to when we were deciding to do this, we were overwhelmed and unsure if it would work, how we'd get shows, etc... that's what's going through their minds. Even if I tell my story, she might not hear it. Plus, it's not about me. If she asks how I got started, I'd tell her. I usually do this at my shows though, so most have already heard my story when we get to the interview stage. :)

Two friends of mine, both directors, told me to just ask," Are you ready to sign up?" or "Are you ready to order your kit?" right off the bat, because if you have told them enough to entice them, and they have read materials, they are ready and just WAITING for you to ask them! So ask them! I have a husband/wife team that are thinking of joining, and I have a meeting with them... I plan on coming out and asking them! Wish me luck! :)

What is a recruiting interview?

A recruiting interview is a type of interview used by companies to assess potential candidates for a job opening. It typically involves a series of questions and conversations designed to evaluate the candidate's skills, experience, and qualifications for the position.

How should I prepare for a recruiting interview?

To prepare for a recruiting interview, you should research the company and the position you are applying for, review your resume and be prepared to discuss your qualifications, and practice answering common interview questions. It is also important to dress professionally and arrive on time for the interview.

What types of questions are typically asked in a recruiting interview?

In a recruiting interview, you can expect to be asked about your previous work experiences, your skills and qualifications, your career goals and aspirations, and how you would handle certain job-related scenarios. The interviewer may also ask behavioral or situational questions to assess your problem-solving and communication skills.

How long does a recruiting interview usually last?

The length of a recruiting interview can vary depending on the company and the position. On average, a recruiting interview can last anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour. However, for more senior or specialized roles, the interview may take longer.

What are some best practices for a successful recruiting interview?

To have a successful recruiting interview, it is important to maintain a positive attitude, listen carefully to the interviewer's questions, and provide detailed and honest responses. It is also crucial to ask thoughtful questions and follow up with a thank-you note after the interview. Additionally, practicing good communication and presenting yourself professionally can help make a good impression on the interviewer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Careyann
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
cincychef
  • ShelbyMichalek