• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How You Were Able to Attract People to Join the Biz?

In summary, the best tips for trying new things to promote to director and beyond are to: 1. Be consistent with sharing your content, no matter what. It has to be part of every show.
finley1991
Please share your best tips here for those wanting to try new things to promote to director and beyond! Even if you've only signed ONE... please share what's worked for you!!!!

I'll start... I was on a conference call with my NED and Linda Bowles and Linda noted that I REALLY need to grow my team. (I knew that but hearing her say it ... OUCH!!) In any case, she asked me what I was doing and I told her. Two things came up... first, I was doing A LOT of telling, and not a lot of asking and inviting!

Second, she said that the most successful recruiter in PC do the ticket game and why bag. I decided to implement both and did it for the first time at my show on Wednesday. 4 people were there.. two booked on the spot with dates in my calendar and one that booked is going to sign at her show in two weeks.

Was I happy with the results? YES! Another thing... I listened to the Duska Mills recording about how she promoted 5 directors this year. One thing that she said that REALLY hit me hard was this: BE CONSISTENT WITH SHARING NO MATTER WHAT. IT HAS TO BE PART OF EVERY SHOW. I wasn't doing my Why Bag at every show and most certainly NOT doing the ticket game!

So I've made a commitment... the Why Bag and Ticket Game at EVERY SHOW NO MATTER WHAT! I'm looking forward to great results!

Okay... who's next? What's working for you?

Last edited:
Get to know your guests and hosts,. Find out what their dreams are. How can PC help them achieve their dreams? Make it ALL ABOUT THEM...not about you.
Don't go into recruiting with the "I need 5 people so I can promote" mindset. Throw that out!!! Go into it with the "Whose life can I impact today?" mindset and you'll succeed!

That is encouraging because those are two changes I was looking at making as well! I just ordered my ticket rolls from Office Depot & I am working on my WHY? bag. The second is more difficult bc I haven't earned any of the trips, & I just recently resigned my FT to see what I can do with PC. Up until July, I have been a hobbyist, so it is difficult for me to state with certainty how it has impacted my financial situation. Any suggestions??????

Glad to know that I am at least headed for the right track.

Awesome thread...can't wait to see what others say too! Thanks Colleen for starting this!

pamperedtara said:
That is encouraging because those are two changes I was looking at making as well! I just ordered my ticket rolls from Office Depot & I am working on my WHY? bag. The second is more difficult bc I haven't earned any of the trips, & I just recently resigned my FT to see what I can do with PC. Up until July, I have been a hobbyist, so it is difficult for me to state with certainty how it has impacted my financial situation. Any suggestions??????

Glad to know that I am at least headed for the right track.

It doesn't have to be YOUR story!!!!! Share what you know has impacted others! I'm single with no kids but have been able to recruit stay-at-home-moms because I share stories about other moms who do this!

And just mention SOMETHING you've used your PC $$ for. Even if you think it's inconsequential, it might matter to someone else who could use some money themselves.

I had a consultant feel that she couldn't share the opp with anyone because she had only earned $40 the previous month... that's shoes for someone's kid... that's the phone bill...

WE NEVER KNOW WHO NEEDS THIS BUSINESS! And remember, IT'S NOT ALWAYS ABOUT THE $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!!

Can someone tell me what the ticket game is?? I would like to know!! I need to start recruiting myself and anything would help!

finley1991 said:
I was on a conference call with my NED and Linda Bowles and Linda noted that I REALLY need to grow my team. (I knew that but hearing her say it ... OUCH!!) In any case, she asked me what I was doing and I told her. Two things came up... first, I was doing A LOT of telling, and not a lot of asking and inviting

I had the opportunity to hear Linda Bowles speak too. I changed the way I do a lot of my recruiting and I signed two people this week. I was doing the same thing as you, I was doing a lot of talking and pushing and not a lot of listening. What a difference it made when I sat back and let them tell me about their situation and their life, and I just sat back and then told them how they could incorporate PC into their situation.

finley1991 said:
It doesn't have to be YOUR story!!!!! Share what you know has impacted others! I'm single with no kids but have been able to recruit stay-at-home-moms because I share stories about other moms who do this!

And just mention SOMETHING you've used your PC $$ for. Even if you think it's inconsequential, it might matter to someone else who could use some money themselves.

I had a consultant feel that she couldn't share the opp with anyone because she had only earned $40 the previous month... that's shoes for someone's kid... that's the phone bill...

WE NEVER KNOW WHO NEEDS THIS BUSINESS! And remember, IT'S NOT ALWAYS ABOUT THE $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!!

That is SO true! I didn't start PC for the money. Yes, it's nice, but I really joined because I was bored at home. I had just had my daughter & babysat my nephew full time. Because of the schedule with him, I really couldn't join any "mommy" groups & I don't have a lot of friends & I had just quit my teaching job where I did actually get to talk to people everyday! So for me, PC was a great way to talk to people again & maybe make some friends--which I am happy to say that I consider many of my guests & hosts friends!

So try to think about all aspects that PC might help someone--meeting new people, learning to cook/confidence with cooking/a pro teaching others to cook, money, helping others achieve their dreams/make life in kitchen easier, etc.

pckelly said:
Can someone tell me what the ticket game is?? I would like to know!! I need to start recruiting myself and anything would help!

You set your Clock/Timer for 2 minutes and allow people to ask you questions about our consultant opportunity. Everyone who asks gets a ticket and at the end, you pull a winning number or give the prize to the person who has the most tickets.

Who is Linda Bowles? I know I've heard of her before, but can't remember! I've seen her name in a few recruiting threads, so she must be pretty good!

You know, seeing the why bag & ticket game again makes me think maybe I should incorporate them in my shows again. I did last year, but didn't quite understand HOW they could help me recruit, so I stopped. But I think I understand now WHY I wasn't recruiting before & this may be just what I need to help me!

pamperedgirl3 said:
Who is Linda Bowles? I know I've heard of her before, but can't remember! I've seen her name in a few recruiting threads, so she must be pretty good!

Linda is one of the Sales Managers at HO.

Oh--and this may sound really stupid!!--but how do you get to know guests at a show? I keep my demos short, try to greet them when they come in, talk during check out, etc., but it seems like people are just nicely polite & then rush away. I am more of a push-over than pushy, so that's not it. Most of the time when they come in & I say hi & my name, they just say hi back. No name, nothing, and go over to talk to someone else or go sit down & ignore me!

During my demo it seems like I'm the only one talking--although I'm working on that. I'm putting Did You Know cards in my lap boards & give them a small twixit when they read it--got that tip from Jillian Eisenberg at conference. At checkout, I call them up when I'm ready for them & try to talk about what they are buying, etc., but it seems like they just clam up at shows.

How do others of you get to know guests at shows? What kinds of intros do you do? I usually ask name, how they know host, & something to do with the kitchen (way they cook most often, a word to describe selves in kitchen, etc.). Could I do more in the intros to loosen them up??

finley1991 said:
Linda is one of the Sales Managers at HO.

Ok--that's what I thought. She's not mine so that must be how I didn't remember her.

pamperedgirl3 said:
Oh--and this may sound really stupid!!--but how do you get to know guests at a show? I keep my demos short, try to greet them when they come in, talk during check out, etc., but it seems like people are just nicely polite & then rush away. I am more of a push-over than pushy, so that's not it. Most of the time when they come in & I say hi & my name, they just say hi back. No name, nothing, and go over to talk to someone else or go sit down & ignore me!

During my demo it seems like I'm the only one talking--although I'm working on that. I'm putting Did You Know cards in my lap boards & give them a small twixit when they read it--got that tip from Jillian Eisenberg at conference. At checkout, I call them up when I'm ready for them & try to talk about what they are buying, etc., but it seems like they just clam up at shows.

How do others of you get to know guests at shows? What kinds of intros do you do? I usually ask name, how they know host, & something to do with the kitchen (way they cook most often, a word to describe selves in kitchen, etc.). Could I do more in the intros to loosen them up??

I don't do intros at shows... I just don't like to so I don't do it. But you must ENGAGE them! Be sure that you're not just up there talking the whole time and telling them things. Ask questions! Ask one question for every 3-4 things you say! And it can be something as simple as, "Don't you just love this?" "Who has this?" "Doesn't that make sense?" If you just talk at them, they will be bored and want to get the heck out of there!

And be sure your shows are fun... get some of the CDs on Live Cooking Shows and listen to them and use their ideas! Good luck!

Thanks, Colleen. Many times when I ask if anyone has it, either NO ONE raises their hand, or one or two will. When I ask what they use it for, they say everything. Helpful! I try to get them to be more specific with no luck. I don't know, maybe since it seems we have A LOT of other DS companies around here, they just know that all of them try to recruit them, get them to have shows, etc., & try to hang low!

I know my shows are fun b/c I have TONS of other guests that say how much fun they are & how they only want to do shows with me. But there are more of the ones who just sit there than the others.

I guess I just don't know how to figure out which of the guests have families, are getting married, etc., that so many other consultants seem to know at shows.

Can someone please list what they put in their WHY bag and what they say for each of the items. Thank you!!!

Dawn4 said:
Can someone please list what they put in their WHY bag and what they say for each of the items. Thank you!!!

I believe that if you do a search for WHY bags, that you will get a few threads on them. Last year after conference a bunch of people started using them.

One thing my NED told us was to limit it to 4-5 things & to make it personal. I'm going to put pictures of my kids & niece & nephew who I babysit--they are the reason I started & continue. I started so I could stay home with my kids & I continue to get out of the house for some ME time!

I was also going to put a bra in there--someone at a recent training suggested a training bra for the training you get & a huge bra for the huge support you receive! The times I used my why bag before I stopped, I did have a bra in there & it always got laughs.

Maybe a rubber band for the flexibility. My NED also mentioned how when you stretch rubber bands that they don't go back to their original shape--to mention how I have "grown" from doing PC & I'll never be the same again--in a good way!

I'm not sure on the one or two others. I don't want it to just be about money or trips. I'd like to make my reasons a little deeper if I can.

Thank you!! I'm going to do a search now.

pamperedgirl3 said:
I believe that if you do a search for WHY bags, that you will get a few threads on them. Last year after conference a bunch of people started using them.

One thing my NED told us was to limit it to 4-5 things & to make it personal. I'm going to put pictures of my kids & niece & nephew who I babysit--they are the reason I started & continue. I started so I could stay home with my kids & I continue to get out of the house for some ME time!

I was also going to put a bra in there--someone at a recent training suggested a training bra for the training you get & a huge bra for the huge support you receive! The times I used my why bag before I stopped, I did have a bra in there & it always got laughs.

Maybe a rubber band for the flexibility. My NED also mentioned how when you stretch rubber bands that they don't go back to their original shape--to mention how I have "grown" from doing PC & I'll never be the same again--in a good way!

I'm not sure on the one or two others. I don't want it to just be about money or trips. I'd like to make my reasons a little deeper if I can.

Someone else puts everything into a Trader Joes Bag (or other grocery bag) and tells that Pampered Chef allows you to "write off" all your groceries when you practice your recipes. Apparantly, the tax thing is a HUGE deal for some people.

finley1991 said:
Please share your best tips here for those wanting to try new things to promote to director and beyond! Even if you've only signed ONE... please share what's worked for you!!!!

I'll start... I was on a conference call with my NED and Linda Bowles and Linda noted that I REALLY need to grow my team. (I knew that but hearing her say it ... OUCH!!) In any case, she asked me what I was doing and I told her. Two things came up... first, I was doing A LOT of telling, and not a lot of asking and inviting!

Second, she said that the most successful recruiter in PC do the ticket game and why bag. I decided to implement both and did it for the first time at my show on Wednesday. 4 people were there.. two booked on the spot with dates in my calendar and one that booked is going to sign at her show in two weeks.

Was I happy with the results? YES! Another thing... I listened to the Duska Mills recording about how she promoted 5 directors this year. One thing that she said that REALLY hit me hard was this: BE CONSISTENT WITH SHARING NO MATTER WHAT. IT HAS TO BE PART OF EVERY SHOW. I wasn't doing my Why Bag at every show and most certainly NOT doing the ticket game!

So I've made a commitment... the Why Bag and Ticket Game at EVERY SHOW NO MATTER WHAT! I'm looking forward to great results!

Okay... who's next? What's working for you?
What do you do with the tickets??

Good thread! I'm looking forward to more ideas! I love doing my why bag, and have been considering the ticket game.....might have to try it:thumbup:

pamperedgirl3 said:

I do my intros during my demo. It usually takes my entire demo to get through them as I use it to fill the down time. I have them introduce themself and tell what their favorite PC product is and why (which usually starts a conversation ;) ) I also tell them that no two people are allowed to have the same favorite so if their fave is already mentioned then they have to find a new fave. I do this during the down time in my demo when I'm chopping or doing busy work, sometimes I stop completely to listen to what they are saying, then I'll do a few more step in the demo and say now, who is next in the intros....or if I know the person I will say okay Lucy tell us who you are and all about your favorite product. hth

Great way to fill the down time!!

I'd love to hear more ideas....so I'm bumping this back up to the forefront!

Thank you!

I use a Christmas or holiday bag for my "why bag" to represent that I always have holidays off with my family.

Another way to do the ticket game without using tickets is to start with a Door Prize type item and you set the Clock/Timer for 2-3 minutes (they don't know how long) and they pass the item as they ask questions. The last person to ask a question before the timer goes off keeps the prize. That way you don't have to carry around a big roll of tickets.

I have used all of these great tips with success! Another thing that I tried was once I was filling in a Kitchen Show tally sheet with my host. I said to her...do you realize that you have a successful business looking back at you when you see this tally sheet? (She had 6 or more bookings and her show was somewhere near or beyond the $1,000 show level.) It peaked her interest and then we shifted the focus her talking to me, telling me what she would want out of the business. She thought about it, but I left her with the thought of that I would be happy to do her 6 bookings, but I would be even happier, if she could do just these six and then decide if it is something she likes from there. She signed about 1 1/2 years ago. Is sort of a hobbiest (has a very young family and husband is in the military). She and her family were reassigned to another post and she just submitted a $1450 party!!!! She is a very quiet person, but she is so very nice and she makes friends easily.

Also remember...this is a numbers game. The averages are for every 10 you speak to, 1 will sign. Your ratio and average maybe different...it could be for every 15.

pamperedposey said:
I use a Christmas or holiday bag for my "why bag" to represent that I always have holidays off with my family.

Another way to do the ticket game without using tickets is to start with a Door Prize type item and you set the Clock/Timer for 2-3 minutes (they don't know how long) and they pass the item as they ask questions. The last person to ask a question before the timer goes off keeps the prize. That way you don't have to carry around a big roll of tickets.

I LIKE this idea! I wasn't too thrilled with the idea of having to do all the tickets & it's such a waste to throw them away afterwards.

I'm thinking I may do this as a way they can ask questions about hosting OR joining. I know some people would never want to do this sort of thing, but may love to host. This way I can kind of see both. I think this may also help me get to know my guests a little better so I can talk to them more at checkout.

Side thought--I usually just have the guests tell them their name & how they know the host along with answering a question. Do you think it's too much to say for them to tell everyone their name & maybe a little about themselves? Like family, job, etc., whatever they'd like? I was a pretty shy person before PC but love to talk--so I would have liked having a "reason" to talk about myself.

1. How did you initially get people interested in joining the business?

I started by reaching out to my friends and family and sharing my enthusiasm for the products and the opportunity to build a business with Pampered Chef. I also utilized social media and attended local events to network and spread the word.

2. What strategies did you use to attract new recruits?

I found that hosting cooking parties and offering special incentives, such as free products or discounts, were effective ways to attract new recruits. I also made sure to share my personal success story and the benefits of joining the Pampered Chef team.

3. How did you overcome objections and doubts from potential recruits?

I listened to their concerns and addressed them with honesty and transparency. I also shared testimonials from other successful consultants and offered to connect them with current team members for a firsthand perspective on the business.

4. Did you have any specific marketing techniques that helped bring in new team members?

I utilized a combination of digital marketing, such as social media and email campaigns, as well as traditional methods like handing out flyers and hosting in-person events. I also made sure to follow up with potential recruits and provide them with all the necessary information to make an informed decision.

5. How did you create a supportive and welcoming team environment for new recruits?

I made sure to stay in constant communication with my team and provide them with ongoing training and support. I also organized team events and meetings to foster a sense of community and collaboration. Additionally, I offered incentives and recognition for reaching milestones or achieving success within the business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef Bobby
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
mjbroncobabe
  • Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • PCJenni