• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

PC Recruitment Frustration: Miscommunication with Director and Lack of Support

In summary, when the author returned from their conference, they were ready to go with recruitment. However, before they left for the conference, they had two guests wanting more information about PC. One of the guests already signed with the company, and the other guest will this weekend. After the conference, the author talked to their director about the website and the director told the author that the recruit misunderstood her. The director sounded like she was trying to get a show from the author's recruit. The author let the director know that they have been talking to their recruit every day and was a little confussed by what the director was telling them. The director said that she would email the author some paper work to help
kisrae
Gold Member
A litte background. When I came back from conferance Iwas ready to go with recruitment. Befor I left fof conferance I had two guest wanting more info about PC.

WHen I got back I invited them to our cluster meet and from that one signed and one more will this weekend.

Well the one who is already signed got to the meeting befor I did and got to talking to my director, which would be great if she wasn't such a pushy and nonsupportive director. (My be I'm a little upset):grumpy:

Well Last ngith when I was talking with my new recruit she kept bring up my director as if they have been having talks about this and that. The Recruit would say "well lets call XX and she can take care of it." When it was something that I could do and was trying to do it at that moment.(She got the wrong catalogs) then she said the the Director told her that she could use the Directors website to get credit for the new clients.:confused: This was the first I heard of that. So I called my director after cooling down,
I was upset because they had been talking and I was left out of what was going on. So I would say one thing or send my recruit some infor and the director would send her something else.

So back to the call. I asked the director about the website and she said the the recruit must have misunderstood her about useing her website she sounded like she was covering something. My thought was that she might have been trying to get a show from my recruit, any

I let my director know that I have been talking with my recruit everyothe day and was a little confussed by what my director was telling her. My director said that she would email me some paper work to hlep my train my new recruits and that was it.:mad: and that was it.

I'm sorry this post is so long. I talked to Pamperedalf about this and I still needed to vent.

I'm must upset with the lack of train that my director has given me and jumped over me to get to my recruit, which is not my first she hasn't even talked to my first.

Thanks you all. I'm feeling better already.:eek:

Hang in there! Sounds like you are trying to do all that you can for your recruit! Keep doing that & I am sure she will see who truly has her best interests in mind. Just tell her (& your director) that you are trying to provide the best training possible & that you all need to be on the same page. You don't want her to get frustrated because she is getting conflicting messages. Assure her that if there are things you don't know or can't handle that you will tell her & that you will then seek the guidance of your director:rolleyes: Most importantly, just don't let it frustrate you! Sounds like you are well on your way to having your own cluster/meetings, so this too shall pass!

*snugs* that sounds difficult. Tara gave great advice.

Just as you were roarin' to go after conference to get recruiting, maybe your director decided she was going to get on the ball and start coaching her team. You talked to your director and that's a good thing. I would suggest you tell her that you would like to coach your recruit and if you need her, the two of you will let her know. Sometimes directors can get macho (for lack of a better word coming to mind right now) and feel that we have to do everything for everyone on our teams, whether they are a personal recruit or not because everone counts in our downlines no matter who recruited them. She also might feel that you don't have enough experience to coach your recruit, whether that is true or not. You've told her how you feel so move on. Stewing will just make it worse. Keep recruiting and before you know it, you'll have a team of your own to do whatever you want.

If it's any consolation, what motivated me to recruit and promote was the lack of direction I got from my director. I hated the way she trained us... she would always tell us what to do but refused to do it herself. Only HER ideas were good and should be used. She HATED it when we networked with other consultants. So I grew a team of my own. Now she tells me what I should be doing with them and how I should coach them. It doesn't seem to end... and I thought it would when I promoted. Ironically, she is on her way out of PC, or at least I think she is... so who knows. Just grow your team and go for it!!!!

First lets start with be glad she has already signed and is YOUR RECRUIT... even if your director is butting into your training, she is still YOUR RECRUIT and your director can't steal her from you!
Is your recruit confused about the mixed messages? If not, be very careful not to sound like you are bashing your director. The recruit might think your director is just trying to be helpful and might not understand the dynamics at play.

Now the rest of this answer is based on the assumption that you are not a director yet...
I would sit down with your recruit (if you have not done so already) and talk about her long-range PC plans and about YOUR plans as well. Share with her your desire to become a director and to have a great team to work with. Tell her that as you are working toward becoming a director, you need to learn how to support your consultants and that you would like the opportunity to support her and train her. Emphasize that you are not telling her NOT to contact your director, but asking that she give you the chance to learn how to be a director and contact you FIRST with any issues, problems, achievements, etc. If you are not able to help her or need more information, then you BOTH will approach your director to learn the appropriate solution. I would also empahsize that as one of the first members of your team, you would like her feedback about how YOU are doing as her "director"... that she is a very important part of your business and you want her to help you develop your team! Hopefully, this will help the two of you begin to mesh as a team of your own. Keep us updated!

finley1991 said:
Just as you were roarin' to go after conference to get recruiting, maybe your director decided she was going to get on the ball and start coaching her team. You talked to your director and that's a good thing. I would suggest you tell her that you would like to coach your recruit and if you need her, the two of you will let her know. Sometimes directors can get macho (for lack of a better word coming to mind right now) and feel that we have to do everything for everyone on our teams, whether they are a personal recruit or not because everone counts in our downlines no matter who recruited them. She also might feel that you don't have enough experience to coach your recruit, whether that is true or not. You've told her how you feel so move on. Stewing will just make it worse. Keep recruiting and before you know it, you'll have a team of your own to do whatever you want.

If it's any consolation, what motivated me to recruit and promote was the lack of direction I got from my director. I hated the way she trained us... she would always tell us what to do but refused to do it herself. Only HER ideas were good and should be used. She HATED it when we networked with other consultants. So I grew a team of my own. Now she tells me what I should be doing with them and how I should coach them. It doesn't seem to end... and I thought it would when I promoted. Ironically, she is on her way out of PC, or at least I think she is... so who knows. Just grow your team and go for it!!!!

I think our directors must be twins or something! And mine is on the way out of PC right now as well... she is in the relinquishment cycle and was just reported to HO for not only having another DS business (that she started just a few months ago - after being a director for 2 years!), but for soliciting her PC downline for this other business as well!!! At least I enjoy working with my upline director and she has adopted four of my "sister" consultants as her first line until things with my director are resolved - one way or the other!

1. What is "aLittle Upset..long"?

"aLittle Upset..long" is a set of kitchen tools offered by Pampered Chef that includes a mini spatula, mini serving spatula, and mini spoon.

2. How large are the tools in the "aLittle Upset..long" set?

The mini spatula measures 8.25 inches long, the mini serving spatula measures 9 inches long, and the mini spoon measures 8 inches long.

3. Are the "aLittle Upset..long" tools dishwasher safe?

Yes, all three tools in the set are dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.

4. Can the "aLittle Upset..long" tools be used for hot foods?

Yes, these tools are heat-resistant up to 428°F, making them perfect for cooking and serving hot dishes.

5. Can the "aLittle Upset..long" tools be used on non-stick surfaces?

Absolutely, the mini spatula, mini serving spatula, and mini spoon are all safe to use on non-stick cookware and bakeware.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• 11accold
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • PC Mom 55
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
chefashleigh
  • otisbg