• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Deciding Between Recruiting or Letting Another Consultant Have the Sale - Help!

In summary, Debbie told the other consultant that she was the one who made the initial contact and that she would be taking her as a recruit. The other consultant was rude and kept talking to the mother while Debbie was talking to the daughter. Debbie asked the other consultant if she got the mom's information and the other consultant said that she did not. Debbie decided to take the mother as a recruit and contacted the other consultant to thank her for her help.
pcchris
Silver Member
Hi all!

I just got home from a fair that I was working. Well, when I got there, another consultant from my cluster was there, packing up her stuff. Ok, so in walks this mom and daughter. Mom LOVES PC, and wants to know if PC offers a "starter kit" of some sort for people that are just moving into their own place, (Her daughter is leaving for college this week...is a Junior, and moving into a house with 5 other girls). So, naturally, I showed both of them the starter kit, and told them that she can start her own business and get all the products shown on the page. Well, the daughter was kind of interested, so I was talking to her. The other consultant there (Who was on her way out), started talking to the mom. Come to find out, the mom is interested in the business too!

Here's my dilemma....I'm thinking that because the other consultant was talking to the mom, she should get her as a recruit. However, I did talk to her (the mom) too, and gave her the recruiting info with my name on it, and asked if I could follow up with her in a day or two, and she said that was great!

What do you think? If the mom wants to sign up, should I take her as a recuit, or should I let the other consultant "have" her?

Thanks...and sorry for the long post!!

Other consultant is rudeI really think that the other consultant who was packing up should have just let you take over and left. Her sticking around to try to grab the mother while you talk to the daughter was rude in my opinion. Since she has your contact info on the stuff you gave her, go ahead and contact her.

I hate to see desperate consultants!! Not that I am not desperate for shows at times, so I offer incentives, but never to where it will try to make me compete with another fellow consultant. Especially at a fair or something where we each have our time allotted to each of us.

Debbie :D

Did you guys have assigned times, and were you in your time period? If that's the case, I say they are both yours. If you feel weird about it, you could talk to the other consultant just to let her know how you're proceeding and your rationale. Or talk with your director for some guidance. But it sounds to me that you made the initial contact with both of them, the other consultant was leaving and kind of butted in.

Thanks, Debbie...

this other consultant is one who is VERY "pushy"...she actually hounds people and won't leave them alone until they break down and give in to have a show with her. Dont get me wrong, she's successful with her business...I'm just not like that. If I ask people and they say no, then I'm good for a while. I'll call them a little while down the road to see if anything has changed, but I can't see bugging someone forever to join the biz or have a show. I don't like it when people do it to me, so I don't want to be like that to others.

( I really would like some recruits, though! )

dwyerkim said:
Did you guys have assigned times, and were you in your time period? If that's the case, I say they are both yours. If you feel weird about it, you could talk to the other consultant just to let her know how you're proceeding and your rationale. Or talk with your director for some guidance. But it sounds to me that you made the initial contact with both of them, the other consultant was leaving and kind of butted in.

Kim, yes we had assigned times...and it was my time frame. I did email my director, but I'm sure she won't read until tomorrow. She's not a night owl like I am!!

Chris - the recruit lead is yours. You talked to them first. Now, that being said, sometimes I will chime in with someone who is talking to another consultant to help that consultant. You might want to email the earlier consultant and thank her for helping out with you talking to the mom and that you are excited that one will sign and the other will sign under her - halfway to FD. Tell her how it is going to be!

Did the other consultant get the mom's info at all, or give her any info? If not then I would say that she is all yours. I agree that it does sound a bit touchy, but if I were the other consultant, I would expect that you would be the recruiter.

personally
i would recruit the daughter and put the mom under her
that way you dont have to feel as if you "stole" her
both would be in your 1st line until daughter promotes
and if daughter does nothing and becomes inactive you get mom anyway :)
just my thoughts

Ooh-- i like Heather's idea. Then there's no discrepancy at all, since you had made contact with the daughter, and it's only logical that she recruit her mom.

Did you ask the daughter's age, the she old enough???
I know you said she's a JR but we have kids here who graduate really early and take college classes all summer.

I would take the daughter and let the other one have the mom. That way you do not have to stress over it. Even though you gave the mom your contact info and got hers the other consultant is the one that she talked to about it. She may feel that you are trying to come in on another consultant and talk her daughter out of going with you if she is put off by anything.

And as someone else says if you sign the daughter, she will may end up recruiting her mom anyway. Or her mom may even decide not to do it if the daughter signs b/c she will not want to feel like she is competing or taking anything away from her daughter.

In the end you have to do what you are comfortable doing and what will not cause you to loose any sleep over it.

heather9892 said:
personally
i would recruit the daughter and put the mom under her
that way you dont have to feel as if you "stole" her
both would be in your 1st line until daughter promotes
and if daughter does nothing and becomes inactive you get mom anyway :)
just my thoughts
That is my EXACT thoughts! I decided to read through the thread so that I didn't repeat this and I'm glad I did!
The other consultant DOES NOT have the right to her!:grumpy: This was your shift, she was on her way out and you were working with the daughter! Chris, you need to stand up for yourself! Call your director, don't just e-mail her! The other thing I would do, is talk to the daughter about how she could sign up and have her Mom sign under her, I'll bet you that the Mom will WANT to sign under her daughter, so that her daughter can get MORE FREE PRODUCT!!! Especially in her first 30 days. If you can try to meet with BOTH of them, TODAY! And show them the benefits of having the mother sign under the daughter! Maybe they could even split the PC money, I don't know:confused: , just a thought! And by all means, call her NOW! before the other consultant has a chance to impose any further!
ughhh!!!!:mad: :mad: :grumpy: People like that other consultant make me sooooo darn mad I could spit!:yuck:
You should defintely get your director on board, and if she's a good director she'll get involved and support you!
Good luck!
Let us know how it works out! And BTW Chris, remember our joke about me slapping you at conference?! How about I just smack the other consultant for you!!!!?!!!! I'm game!!! HaHa! J/K LOL!!!!:D :D

Last edited:
pcchris said:
Thanks, Debbie...

this other consultant is one who is VERY "pushy"...she actually hounds people and won't leave them alone until they break down and give in to have a show with her. Dont get me wrong, she's successful with her business...I'm just not like that. If I ask people and they say no, then I'm good for a while. I'll call them a little while down the road to see if anything has changed, but I can't see bugging someone forever to join the biz or have a show. I don't like it when people do it to me, so I don't want to be like that to others.

( I really would like some recruits, though! )

Chris, are you my twin? Sounds like me and one of my group-mates. I'd say take 'em both since if situations were reversed....the other consultant would scoop them up in a heartbeat!

Thanks all, for your advice. I really appreciate it. Just left a message with the mom...as she is not home right now. dang.

I'll just play it for what it's worth. If she says anything about the other consultant, I'll go with what's in my heart at the moment.

Tammy, I agree...we could be twins...LOL!! Actually, I think every cluster has a greedy pushy consultant or two...oh well.

Cathy...I'd LOVE IT if you'd come smack her for me!! (That was harsh...sorry...I'm really not a violent person!!)

Again, thanks to you all for your advice. I'll let you know when I hear something!

pcchris said:
Thanks all, for your advice. I really appreciate it. Just left a message with the mom...as she is not home right now. dang.

I'll just play it for what it's worth. If she says anything about the other consultant, I'll go with what's in my heart at the moment.

Tammy, I agree...we could be twins...LOL!! Actually, I think every cluster has a greedy pushy consultant or two...oh well.

Cathy...I'd LOVE IT if you'd come smack her for me!! (That was harsh...sorry...I'm really not a violent person!!)

Again, thanks to you all for your advice. I'll let you know when I hear something!

If that is your definition of being "violent"... Wow, you really are a softie!!! If it was me, I'd want to hit her in the head with a frying pan... maybe our nice new HEAVY ss ones... hmmmmm...

This is why I usually work small fairs all by myself. I just don't want to deal w/issues like this. Or feel bad if I get bookings and the other person working doesn't.

I'm w/everyone else. Try to have the Mom sign under the daughter.

No problemsI know it shouldn't have to be that way. Where you have to work fairs, and vendor tables alone because you can't trust other PC chefs. I have met nothing but great cheffers on here who are kind, considerate and generous ladies. I just can't imagine being so greedy and desperate to offend and hurt another PC consultant.

It's a shame but I guess working alone is the safe route. I have worked a couple of vendor tables with a fellow Cheffer and it has worked out great. It was lots of fun and we understood what it meant to be considerate and kind to one another. I guess not all PC consultants understand that.

Debbie :D

What is "I Am Torn...please Help!"?

"I Am Torn...please Help!" is a popular Pampered Chef product that is designed to easily shred and pull apart cooked meats, such as chicken, pork, and beef.

How does "I Am Torn...please Help!" work?

This product features a unique design with sharp, curved blades that allow you to easily shred and pull apart meats with minimal effort. Simply place the cooked meat in the designated area and use a back-and-forth motion to shred and pull it apart.

Is "I Am Torn...please Help!" dishwasher safe?

Yes, "I Am Torn...please Help!" is dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing with warm soapy water to prolong the life of the product.

Can "I Am Torn...please Help!" be used with other types of food?

While "I Am Torn...please Help!" is designed specifically for shredding and pulling apart cooked meats, it can also be used for other types of food such as soft fruits and vegetables. However, we do not recommend using it on hard or frozen foods.

What is the warranty for "I Am Torn...please Help!"?

At Pampered Chef, we stand behind our products and offer a limited lifetime warranty against defects in materials and workmanship. If you experience any issues with "I Am Torn...please Help!", please contact our customer service team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • melissa3026
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
melissa3026
  • Sheila