• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can I Recruit College Students for My Sister's Show?

In summary, the author suggests that students create a show for their baby sister who is a sophomore in college, find ways to fundraise for college clubs, and offer different baskets or buckets of PC products to parents for buying.
cookemomstir
I am going to be doing a show for my baby sister who is a sophomore in college. I was able to find some really good files on here for great product suggestions for college kids, etc. However, Im wanting some advice on recruiting angles - for young people. This would be a great opportunity for them but also knowing that college students dont have a lot of money to begin with.

Any suggestions in this area would be a HUGE help. My sister is really excited for her show and I cant wait to see her (in another state)

Thanks!

It is a great part-time job that works around their schedules. Students want/need stuff but can rarely afford it so hosting "long distance/online" shows with their families is a great way for them to get quality products. College club fundraisers are also a great way for students to make money as a consultant.

If you have the Empowering Women magazine, have the Jillian Eisenberg article highlighted. She was only 20 when she started. Not sure if she was in college or not, but she was around their age.

Flexibility is the biggest asset for college students. To simply say schedule the days you wish to work verses having a schedule someone else decides for you is the key for any student with their crazy schedule.

Another key thing is to let them know they can easily, and legally (without donating blood or plasma (can you tell I went to college)) make $100 a night and have fun doing it as well.

Not only can they have their family and friends from their "hometown" help them get started, they can also venture outside their community of school and work within their college town. This will help develop business connections for their professional careers after college as well as showing their professionalism of having their own business before they even graduate!

Good Luck!

I was also thinking on the fundraiser side for sorority and fraternity...she isnt in one but my other sister was so she knows tons who are

pamperedgirl3 said:
If you have the Empowering Women magazine, have the Jillian Eisenberg article highlighted. She was only 20 when she started. Not sure if she was in college or not, but she was around their age.

I was going to suggest the same thing!!!! And there is an article in there in addition to Jillian's about a girl who started when she was in college and did PC while her husband was in school too. It's one of the first articles and shows them hiking. Can't remember her name now though. Hope that helps a little!!!

tell them it's a good way to make some beer money!!! j/k

ginamkiely said:
tell them it's a good way to make some beer money!!! j/k

You're sinking like you have a cement block attached to your ankles, girl

Denarella said:
You're sinking like you have a cement block attached to your ankles, girl

wow, you're not nice anymore! lol

See if any of them are engaged or know someone who is, if so, then try to get a Bridal Shower show booked on behalf of that person.

Make a set called the Baker's Dozen. Have it be 12 products that they could really use in their kitchen. If she has her roommates there then they could all chip in to get the products and use them in their kitchen.

Advise them that if they make up a wishlist then you can mail (e-mail) the list to their family around holiday times and finals. So family can "reward" them for doing good on finals or buy them a nice Christmas present. (When I went to college around finals time the college allowed parents to buy "finals buckets". The buckets cost about $25, had a lot of instant foods: ramen, beef jerky, cans of soup, fruit snacks, fruit, etc. My parents always bought them for me. Truth to tell I would have rather had the money and gone to the store to buy my own food rather then the instant crap) Possibly you could offer different baskets or buckets full of PC products. Have the price range be from $25-$99. With the products include quick easy recipes for the college student, so you can sell the parents on their child having quick, healthy meals during finals; rather then living on pizza the whole time.

these are all great suggestions! Keep them coming, I leave for home next week(suprise party for my mom, bringing the only grandchild along) and IM just trying to get everything all prepared so I dont have to do it ALL while Im visiting.
Love the comments about the beer money, its in Kansas and I know when I went to college that is all we wanted to do!!:D

I think this is good, though I dont have the magazine Im going to ask if my director has one or someone can bring to our cluster mtg. on Monday.

I'm only 24, single and broke. What appealed to me about the business was that I could set my own schedule but still make a ton of money. I didn't want to work until midnight every night just to make a few dollars and hour. Of course it helped that I love the products.Also, these kids are going to be buying houses and living on their own soon, so why not stock their kitchens for free? That was a huge plus for me too since I had just moved out on my own when I went to my first Pampered Chef show.

That is very true, Im always telling my friends that I wish someone would have come to me 10 years ago with the PC opportunity. I worked retail-all aspects- and when you are mangement you have no personal/home life.

I was able to find a file on here about the top 10 reasons to start your PC biz, and I think Im also going to tweek it a bit for the younger generation.

pamperedgirl3 said:

And she just promoted to Executive Director in this month's CN!!

1. What is the best tool for cutting vegetables?

The best tool for cutting vegetables would be our Ultimate Vegetable and Cheese Cutter. It has a sharp stainless steel blade that can easily cut through a variety of vegetables, and it also has a convenient container to catch all the cut pieces.

2. How do I clean my stoneware baking pan?

To clean your stoneware baking pan, simply rinse it with hot water and use a nylon scraper to remove any food residue. Do not use soap or detergent as it can seep into the pores of the stoneware and affect the taste of your food. Let it air dry completely before storing.

3. I want to make homemade pizza, what tool do you recommend?

For homemade pizza, we recommend our Pizza Stone. It helps create a crispy crust and evenly cooks the pizza. It can also be used for other baked goods like bread and pastries.

4. How do I know which knife to use for different types of food?

We offer a variety of knives for different purposes, but a general rule is to use a chef's knife for chopping and dicing, a serrated knife for slicing bread and tomatoes, and a paring knife for peeling and small precision cuts.

5. Can I use my Pampered Chef products in the dishwasher?

Most of our products are dishwasher safe, but we recommend hand washing for longer durability. Check the product's instructions or packaging for specific care instructions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• crissy11
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
thecougchef
  • Delaney Olson
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • AmyDare