• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Potential Recruit Just Won't Call Back?!?

In summary, the person has not responded to any contact from the person, and is wondering if it is the right time for them.
missyciccolella
I recently moved and tried to recruit this person before I left (in Jan). Timing was not right for her so I've stayed in touch with her. We talked a little over a month ago (about 6 weeks ago) and she sounded very ready because she asked for info needed in order to sign up; said, "I feel so informed" and "this does sound like a great idea and time to start this". I thought she would sign with in the week or so (waiting on a paycheck for the kit). She didn't sign, and now won't return a call or email...I'm putting a pack together with the new recruit incentive and pan-a-rama info for her to go snail mail.

My question is: should I include a survey of sorts with a self-addressed envelope to "feel her out" as far interest level is right now, should I include a small phone card so she can call me without incurring charges (assuming she may not want to pay for long distance)? What would you do?

I have not been "stalking" her and have called about 3 times (only left 2 messages) and emailed about 4-5 times since our last call. I feel like I've assured her it has to be the right time for her, but I'm not sure what to do next. I do want to know if she wants me to back off or to keep on my list for info. Any other suggestions that I'm overlooking?

She may just be busy...don't give up on her!

I would snail mail her that packet and then follow up with a phone call in a few days. After that, maybe give her a call once a month till you hear from her.

That's JMO...others may have different things to say!

missyciccolella said:
My question is: should I include a survey of sorts with a self-addressed envelope to "feel her out" as far interest level is right now, should I include a small phone card so she can call me without incurring charges (assuming she may not want to pay for long distance)? What would you do?

You said that you've made some sort of contact with her in the last six weeks... you've called 3 times and e-mailed 4-5 times. In six weeks, that's touching base with her 7-8 times. THAT'S PLENTY!!!! The fact that she's not calling you back is your answer. If she were really HOT to start, she would. Just keep her updated and let her know that you are there to offer any help needed. You've done enough. The ball is in her court. Focus on your next lead.

Last edited:
Thanks, and I guess I should clarify 2 of the emails were newsletters.

Doesn't matter... it's still contact with her nontheless. Next lead, who is it going to be?

Yep - I agree with Colleen. If it makes you feel better, send the snail mail stuff and do one more email... Say that since you have had no response, you assume right now isn't the right time for her. You will keep in touch by email to see how things are going in her life and let her know when we have recruiting promotions or something else she is interested in.
Gotta be honest here - I was a "Hot" recruit many times off and on for about 5 years (through two different consultants) before it was the "right time" for me. But knowing that I had a consultant who I could sign with when I was ready and who stayed in touch with me (by email - my preference) made all the difference.

bless and release. You've done all you can. She knows how to get in touch if she want to start. We have all had that happen! (((Hugs)))

1. Why won't the potential recruit call me back?

It's possible that the potential recruit is no longer interested in the position or has found another job opportunity. They may also be dealing with personal or professional circumstances that prevent them from responding.

2. How many times should I try contacting the potential recruit?

It's important to give the potential recruit a reasonable amount of time to respond before reaching out again. It's generally recommended to follow up no more than three times before moving on.

3. What should I do if the potential recruit still won't call back?

If the potential recruit still hasn't responded after multiple attempts, it's best to move on and focus on other candidates. Constantly trying to contact someone who is not interested can be a waste of time and resources.

4. Is it appropriate to leave a voicemail or send an email if the potential recruit doesn't answer?

Yes, it is appropriate to leave a voicemail or send an email if the potential recruit doesn't answer. This allows them to respond at their convenience and shows that you are still interested in considering them for the position.

5. What can I do to increase the chances of the potential recruit calling back?

Make sure your initial contact with the potential recruit is clear and concise, and provide all the necessary information about the position. Also, try to establish a personal connection and show genuine interest in their qualifications and experience. This can make them more likely to respond and consider the opportunity.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kittychef
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
dkitten13
  • msmileyface
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
msmileyface
  • pchockeymom