• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Income as a Tag-Team Consultant: Tips and Ideas for Success

In summary, the customer wants to have cooking shows with her friend, but they need to be consultants so that both of them get paid and both can work on different projects.
chefmeg
Gold Member
I had a most interesting call today-a customer that I had spoke to previously about the opportunity said she came across my number after just having had a conversation with her friend last night about wanting to go to culinary school! Talk about Karma!
She is divorced and no longer getting child support (child is now 18) and needs the extra income PC can offer. So she asks me if she and the above mentioned friend can do shows together!
Here is what I told her:
Each of them would need to sign on as a consultant and work out a system as to who would do the work for what shows-this way, both get paid, both earn PC$.
OR
One signs on and the other "helps" at the show and they work out a system for payment and sharing of PC$

Since this site is a wealth of help, I want ya'll to give me ideas as to how this would best work. Do I need to call HO for any details that I haven't thought of or can I just proceed on which one of the above scenarios suits them?
I want this to succeed for my customer, so I want to be straight up with all aspects of this deal!
TIA!

If they live close together, that might work. My mom and I tried it with Stampin' Up! - and granted, we did *not* work our business very hard - but we lived an hour apart and it simply didn't work well for us.I like the *idea* and now that I'm only 1/2 an hour from mom, I'd kinda like to try it with PC... but I've been leery of suggesting it, since SU! didn't work well for us.

I would NOT even remotely suggest that it is o.k. for only one of them sign up! I would state that if they both want to represent PC, they BOTH need to be consultants. I'm sure there are more reasons, but the two that popped into my head immediately are liability and taxes. Even though I'm not positive, I'm pretty sure PC would have some disclaimer in our contracts prohibiting this and would probably terminate the consultant who was "job sharing" with a non-consultant.

If only one is a consultant the other one will have no liability insurance from PC should something happen at a show, booth, fair, etc. If something did happen, it would probably get really ugly deciding who is a fault, who needs to accept responsibility, etc.

And for tax purposes, once they each make $600, the income needs to be reported on tax returns. If only one is a consultant, then only that person would receive the 1099. The other person could, in theory, not report the income on her tax return since the money is earned "under the table". That would be considered fraud if the IRS or state government ever found out about it.

Like I said, I'm sure there are other technical reasons, but these are the two I immediately thought of. HTH.

Well said Katie! I agree -- sign them both!

I would encourage them both to sign... aside from the possible legal reasons, by having them both sign they both have all the tools for their own kitchen, both can work on incentives, both can do catalog shows with different audiences even if they do their cooking shows together. And that way, though I would keep this to myself, if one of them flakes out and the other is serious about it, they can keep it going.

1. What is a Tag-Team Consultant?

A Tag-Team Consultant is a team of two independent Pampered Chef consultants who work together to support and grow their businesses. They share resources, ideas, and responsibilities to help each other succeed.

2. How do Tag-Team Consultants split commissions?

Tag-Team Consultants split commissions evenly between the two team members. This means that each member receives 50% of the commission from sales and bookings.

3. Can Tag-Team Consultants have different levels within Pampered Chef?

Yes, Tag-Team Consultants can have different levels within Pampered Chef. Each team member will maintain their own level and benefits, but they will still share the commission from sales and bookings.

4. Are there any requirements to become a Tag-Team Consultant?

To become a Tag-Team Consultant, both team members must be active consultants with Pampered Chef and have a signed agreement between them outlining their partnership. They must also attend training sessions together and communicate regularly about their business.

5. Can Tag-Team Consultants participate in Pampered Chef's incentive programs?

Yes, Tag-Team Consultants can participate in Pampered Chef's incentive programs. They will each have their own sales and booking numbers, but their combined efforts will contribute to their team's overall success in the program.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef Kearns
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • chefheidi2003
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • byrd1956