• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Advice Needed: Introducing a New Recruit in September

In summary, a consultant has a potential recruit who wants to do an intro show in September and get $40 toward her kit. The consultant is considering doing the show for her but is also considering having the recruit pay the extra $40 and do the show herself. Other consultants suggest having the recruit pay for the full kit and do the show herself for higher commission. There is also discussion about whether the consultant should be there to help the recruit get bookings. Some suggest letting the recruit keep any sales over $300 to get her business started. There is also mention of consultants doing the opening and closing of a recruit's first show and having them do the demo with assistance. The consultant is seeking advice on how to handle this situation.
pampchefrhondab
Okay, I have a potential recruit who wants to do an intro show in September. She wants to get $40 toward her kit so I'll be doing the show for her, but will give her any bookings to start her business.

Can anyone give me some advice about this show. I don't really want her friends to spend a lot on products because then her first few shows will be small, but then she wants to get to the level of $40 kit credit. Would she be better just paying the extra $40 and doing this show herself? She really doesn't have a lot of money though.

Has anyone else done this. Does anyone have an invitation they have used?

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. I know I can count on all of you.:D

P.S. This is my first recruit.

If she can afford to do the full $155, I suggest her to do her first show herself!!

I wouldn't do this show any differently than how you normally would (as this is a training for her). I have told my potential recruits at their shows, that if they sign up, then any additional orders after the show they submit as their 1st show. It has really helped with qualifying them quickly too!

I think being the consultant for her own first show will net her more in commission than $40. I'm with Kristi, if she can swing it, she should pay full price for the kit and and do the show herself.

DebbieJ said:
I think being the consultant for her own first show will net her more in commission than $40. I'm with Kristi, if she can swing it, she should pay full price for the kit and and do the show herself.

That's what I was thinking, but should I be there to help her get the bookings? How have others handled this situation?

I didn't even meet my director before my first show (I was a HO lead-wasn't she lucky) so I don't know what most directors do. My director has since quit and my new director really didn't have any advice for me when I asked her about it.

The show would need $300 in sales to earn the $40. Maybe tell her any sales after the $300 are hers and that might get her off to a good start while still allowing her to get the $40 off.

I have heard of consultant going and doing the opening and the closing of a consultant's 1st show and then they do the actual demo. and pipe in when someone has a question...

1. What is the best way to introduce a new recruit in September?

The best way to introduce a new recruit in September is to first reach out to them and welcome them to the team. Then, schedule a virtual or in-person meeting to introduce them to the rest of the team and provide an overview of the company and their role. It's also helpful to assign a mentor or buddy to the new recruit to help them get acclimated and answer any questions they may have.

2. How can I make the new recruit feel welcome and included?

To make the new recruit feel welcome and included, be sure to introduce them to everyone on the team and include them in team meetings and activities. You can also assign them a specific task or project to work on with other team members to help them build relationships and feel like a valued member of the team.

3. What resources should I provide to the new recruit to help them succeed?

It's important to provide the new recruit with all the necessary resources to help them succeed. This can include training materials, company policies and procedures, and any necessary tools or equipment. It's also helpful to introduce them to any relevant software or technology they will need to use in their role.

4. How can I help the new recruit get up to speed quickly?

To help the new recruit get up to speed quickly, provide them with a clear and detailed onboarding plan. This should include training sessions, shadowing opportunities, and specific goals and expectations for their first few weeks on the job. Be sure to also check in regularly and provide feedback and support as needed.

5. Are there any tips for fostering a positive relationship with the new recruit?

To foster a positive relationship with the new recruit, make sure to communicate openly and regularly. Encourage them to ask questions and provide feedback, and be sure to listen to their ideas and opinions. It's also important to recognize and appreciate their efforts and contributions to the team. Building a strong and positive relationship will help the new recruit feel valued and motivated to succeed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kelly8
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • KarenMarie
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • Niki Kate