• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maine Consultants: Show Averages and Possibilities for Waldoboro area

P
priscilla
I am doing a show for a friend, and I need some details about show averages, show possibilities, etc for Maine (I am from FL). I am in the Waldoboro area. I cannot really talk about recruiting without information, right?

Thanks for your help,

Robin

Can't you talk about company averages?

--Jenny L

jlevernier said:
Can't you talk about company averages?

--Jenny L

I can, and will. However, it is also nice to present some information for the area. A rural area may have different averages and such than an urban or suburban area.

I personally think it follows the consultant not necassarily the area. Some cons. have fantastic show averages but another consultant may have a show across the street and it may eb much lower.

I think alot of it depends on the crowd and the consultants experience and knowledge.

Thank you for the comments, but I really am looking for people with experience in Maine.

Robin

I'm not from Maine, but from New Hampshire, and I live close to the Maine border. In my area the show average runs pretty close to the national show average. I think there are endless opportunities. I always get people that say that there must not be enough business to go around in such a rural area, but I meet people all the time that don't have a consultant or say that they love Pampered Chef but never knew of anyone to order/book from. The customers are there, as long as you're willing to look for them. I'm sorry if that wasn't much help. I know Darlene is from Maine, I can't think of her screen name right now, but she could probably give you a lot of info. Good luck with your show!

Okay, I don't know why I just wrote Darlene, I guess I've been watching too many repeats of Rosanne on Nick at nite. Her name is Darcy, and she's an advanced director I believe. She's a wealth of information!

I'm from a rural town in Maine and I have no trouble finding business. My show average is about $450. Waldoboro is on the coast so it may be a higher income area than where I am located. But I think that anybody who puts time and effort into their business can do well. My director is from a smaller more rural town than I and she does very well.

I too am from Maine and I also do well, I often run into people looking for a consultant to connect with. My shows average atleast 400+ and I just started in April so I would imagine that eventually with my contact list growing so will my business and my averages.... but good luck to you and her, I have confidence that she will do well where she is.

oh from oxford? thats not too far from me? Thats awesome to see someone else on from maine! you dont see many....we'll have to talk!

Carissidy said:
oh from oxford? thats not too far from me? Thats awesome to see someone else on from maine! you dont see many....we'll have to talk!

Where in Maine are you?

Lewiston
kaceyleigh2 said:
Where in Maine are you?
I am from Lewiston,how far is that from you?

It's about 30 minutes or so! I have family from Lewiston.

really? I go to oxford plains speedway sometimes....is that close to you? What a cute baby! Is that your daughter or son?

Yeah we live like 5 minutes from there. Did you go to the 250? My uncle was racing that day!

No I missed that one. I didnt know your uncle races! We are definitely going to have to get together sometime I sure would like to compare notes. Did you go to conference?

I didn't go to conference this year. Next year though. Did you go? Who is your director by the way??

No not this year but I did set up conference club, you should too! Cindy from Greene and yours?

I know her! She is really good friends with my cousin!! I set up my conference club we should share a room! Well maybe we should at least chat first I'll PM you my IM screenname!

Oh my god, is your cousin Julie from Litchfield? Holy cow it has to be! what a small world and to think we met here....ok I'll wait for your PM!!!

Yes, my cousin is Julie! It is a small world!! I just sent you a PM! We will definately have to talk more but right now I'm headed to bed so night night...

ok good night! Tell Julie I said hi and maybe we all can get together sometime. Is Julie in PC yet? I dont think so, we may have to do something about that! Get Pumped! ttyl

I am from rural coastal Maine. My show average is usually around $400-$450.
I am not sure what you mean by "show possibilities", but am willing to help with some added info. Good luck to you! I've done shows, mostly along the coast, from Bangor to Old Orchard Beach. We've done theme shows, BBQ's, inside, outside--anything goes! As everyone probably does, my attendance is so much higher when my hosts do 24-48 hour reminder calls.

I am from Skowhegan (central), my director is 4 miles away and we are not bumping into each other.

I've done cooking shows, campsite shows, fundraisers and just Saturday attended a bridal show where I made some great contacts. (Had to push Registry brochures like drugs.... have to work on that!)

I just signed 2 recruits this month - one from Cornville and one from York. There's plenty of opportunity. I find my website very helpful because I am not limited by where I live. This weekend I am going to Cutler armed with brochures & business cards ; )

1. What is the average cost for a show in the Waldoboro area?

The average cost for a show in the Waldoboro area can vary depending on several factors such as the type of show, number of attendees, and location. Typically, a small show can cost around $500-$1000, while a larger show with more attendees can cost upwards of $3000 or more.

2. What are the most popular types of shows in Maine?

The most popular types of shows in Maine include craft fairs, agricultural fairs, and music festivals. These events attract a large number of attendees and offer a variety of vendors and activities for people of all ages.

3. Are there any specific regulations or requirements for holding a show in Maine?

Yes, there are regulations and requirements for holding a show in Maine. You will need to obtain a vendor or exhibitor permit from the state, as well as any necessary permits from the town or city where the show will take place. It is also important to follow all safety and health guidelines, as well as any specific rules set by the venue.

4. How can I promote my show in the Waldoboro area?

There are several ways to promote your show in the Waldoboro area. Utilize social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to reach potential attendees. You can also advertise in local newspapers and community bulletin boards. Partnering with local businesses and organizations can also help spread the word about your show.

5. Can I recruit vendors from out of state for my show in Maine?

Yes, you can recruit vendors from out of state for your show in Maine. However, they may also need to obtain the necessary permits and follow any regulations set by the state and local authorities. It is important to communicate clearly with vendors about any requirements they may need to fulfill before participating in the show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Deanna Brown
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Deanna Brown
  • PamperedChefDebi
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Sheila