• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Join the PC and Share Your Why: Business Card Exchange Opportunity

In summary, Kelly suggested that Tammy use business cards with reasons for joining the PC company as recruiting material. Kim offered to send people a couple of business card pages from the work supply room if they sent her a SASE. People agreed that it was a great idea and wanted to participate. Kim also suggested that an envelope be used to keep the pages safe during shipping. Monday was suggested as the deadline for people to post if they wanted to participate.
iamtamnur
Hi all, I got this great idea from a consultant I met on the last day of NC so I didn't have time to get it done there. She was asking consultants why they joined the PC and would write that on the back of the card to use as recruiting material....she'd have a collection of consultants' cards from all over the country showing reasons they'd joined the company. I love the idea and have been challenged by my Director to get a recruiting notebook put together. If you'd like to have your business card included in my notebook, email me for my address then just write your reason(s) on the back of your business card and pop it in the mail. I appreciate it!

I used to sell for a stamping company, and we would hold card swaps. One person would "host" it....and depending upon how many people signed up (lets say 12 for this example...) then 12 people would send in 12 cards each. The "host" would divvy them up into 12 piles and each person would get back 12 unique cards!

What if we did something like this? I am thinking once you got all of these cards, you could have the cards laminated all laid out flat, so it would fit into our flip binder. Then, guests could see cards from all over the country and look at the back to see all of the different reasons for each of them joining PC!

I would think you should write (or print out on a sticker to go on the back of your card) your #1 reason for STARTING PC, and now your #1 reason for STAYING with PC. Most of us find reasons other than our beginning reason to stay with it!

Since I am suggesting this, I will offer to host it!

We need to figure out how many folks want to participate, or come up with a max number. Then, I could figure out what shipping would be and you all can send your alloted number of cards, along with a SASE so I can return all of the cards to you!

**Tammy~
Sorry to hijack your thread.....if no one is interested in this, I will still send you a card from me!!

I think this is a great idea, especially to put in a binder for guests to see. It would also be a little motivator for when we need that little extra "kick" in the pants, ha. There should be a page-like sheet protector to hold business cards, I know they make them for organizer size - surely they have them for binder as well.
Count me in!!:p
Gretchen Kruse

thats a neat idea - I have one of those sheet protectors someplace that hold the business cards!

What a great idea - I would like to participate

KellyTheChef said:
**Tammy~
Sorry to hijack your thread.....if no one is interested in this, I will still send you a card from me!!

Kelly....I don't feel hijacked at all but rather relieved! I've been working with my Director on a bunch of things and this would help me greatly. I'd love to have you organize it! Just let me know what you need from me (including help!)

I was going to use these from Office Max:
Clear Untabbed Business Card Sheet Protector
Item # 20159935 , Style # 76009
(Didn't know if I was allowed to link to them!)

I would like to participate

I would like to participate too

I'm in. Let me know how many cards you need and how to proceed.

Me too please!!

Count me in, let me know what I need to do!

Sounds good - I'm in!

count me in to

Me too....

Sounds like a great plan! Count me in! What do I need to do?

What an awesome idea! I'm in!! :D

I'm already a director but would love to increase the size of my team...count me in!!! What a great way to get those fence sitters off!!!
oh, they have binder sheet protectors for business cards at Office Max...I use them at conference to keep the business cards of the new friends I've made...

I'd love to do this, great idea! Count me in and let me know how to proceed.
My email is dwyerkim at msn dot com.

Wow! I went shopping for a little while and just checked in here!

Looks like this is a "go!"

I will give this a couple of days to see how many want to participate, and then I will send out specifics to everyone!

Tammy- I am glad that my idea will be of a help to you! It's always hard to tell on a bulletin board how something may come accross, and I didn't want to be stepping on your toes!

Perhaps I will figure a head count on Monday morning? Does that sound like a good enough time frame for anyone intereted to post here?

Sounds good to me

Okie Dokie! I hear you about the BB thing....I've moderated or been an admin at several parenting BBs and sometimes it's amazing how something so innocent will start a major conflict. Thanks for offering to organize this....my plate is really full at the moment! ;)

count me in as well, you can never have enough networking or info to share with others, what a great idea....

Me, me, me!!! I want in!

Ok, I have something to offer....

I noticed a while back here at work that we had some business card pages as posted above (Avery 76009). They are set up to go in a binder (3 holes punched) in it and will hold 10 cards (20 back to back) but for what we are doing I think we only want 10 cards so they can see the info on the back.

These have been in the supply room for years not being used and I know that things like this will just get thrown away when they realize they are taking up space. I could send a couple pages to anyone who wants them if they will send me a SASE. I have not looked at the cost of the pages but the packages have 10 pages to a pack and would split them out according to how many we need here - say 2 pages per person which would give you room for 20 cards. Right now I know have enough for 30 people and there are more in the store room AND I even have some that have a tab on them so you could put a label for people to know where to find that page. These are Avery item number 76004 if you want to see them.

I suggest the envelope be a large flat enevelope so the pages don't get bent or wrinkled but that would be your choice.

Maybe this is a dumb idea or making things too complicated but let me know.

Now it is my turn I did not mean to highjack anyone else's ideas here just to contribute

Me tooCount me in!!! I can/will help out in any way needed.

Love it, Kim! I'd be willing to send you the SASE!

Me, too, Kim! I don't need a whole pack of business card holders - so two or three from you would be great! I'll send a SASE!

I would love to be included! I think this would be a great tool for recruiting!

Count me in too! what a great ideal.

Count me in on this! THANKS for thinking of this!

Count me in too

Kelly - Monday sounds great, although I may not get a chance to come on here until Tuesday, so please don't forget about me.... ;)

Kim - you are sooooo generous!! Thank you! I would be totally willing to send you a SASE! Thank you for your offer! :)

Me 3! or is it 10 or 12 by now?

LOL this sounds like fun!

me too, please

Great idea. Count me in!!

chef_kimmo said:
Ok, I have something to offer....

I noticed a while back here at work that we had some business card pages as posted above (Avery 76009). They are set up to go in a binder (3 holes punched) in it and will hold 10 cards (20 back to back) but for what we are doing I think we only want 10 cards so they can see the info on the back.

These have been in the supply room for years not being used and I know that things like this will just get thrown away when they realize they are taking up space. I could send a couple pages to anyone who wants them if they will send me a SASE. I have not looked at the cost of the pages but the packages have 10 pages to a pack and would split them out according to how many we need here - say 2 pages per person which would give you room for 20 cards. Right now I know have enough for 30 people and there are more in the store room AND I even have some that have a tab on them so you could put a label for people to know where to find that page. These are Avery item number 76004 if you want to see them.

I suggest the envelope be a large flat enevelope so the pages don't get bent or wrinkled but that would be your choice.

Maybe this is a dumb idea or making things too complicated but let me know.

Now it is my turn I did not mean to highjack anyone else's ideas here just to contribute

I think it is great. I could use the 3-ring binder covers as I use the black recruiting binder from PC.

Kim - I would like to have a couple as well.

I will be on vacation all of next week, so please don't forget me! :)

I want in also. I think this will be a great recruiting tool (and I need the assistance!!)

I would like some of the page protector things too!

I'd like to be included. Do you have any feeling for how many folks you want?

If, say, it's 30 and we end up with 60 names, everyone sends in 30 cards and get 30 back. It just might not be the same 30 as everyone else. What numbers is everyone else thinking?

--Jenny L

I got the impression we will send in enough cards for everyone to receive one card from everyone.

I haven't counted yet but doubt we have 30 names yet since there have been some double posts. I may have messed things up with the suggestion of the pages & some people may have reposted that they want them. I thought I would figure it out next week. I have a ton of these pages so that shouldn't be a problem. I just said 30 previously to say I have enough for 30 to get 2 pages each thinking we wouldn't need more than space for 20 cards. (and those are just the ones I have my desk - not counting the ones that you can put a tab on)

Business CardsI'd like to be included in the business card exchange too. Please let me know what I need to do. I just signed someone on Wednesday and am hoping to sign another on my Monday show. Thanks to those that are organizing this! :)

I would love to do it also :) Please let me know where, when, how much to send...

I'm adding in some extra presents for Kelly just to thank her for doing this hehe :)

I am a new consultant and I am interested. I am ordering business cards soon.

I would love to be in on this too.

Having just gotten back to chefsuccess after a few months' absence, I just have to ask: who is Paige & what happened to her?

Jill, she's a member here, a Director from CO, who's been missing since the end of June. There's a HUGE thread about it at the top of the Lounge.

chefann said:
Jill, she's a member here, a Director from CO, who's been missing since the end of June. There's a HUGE thread about it at the top of the Lounge.

Is that the consultant I read about in People magazine???

<h2>1. What is the "Join the PC and Share Your Why" business card exchange opportunity?</h2><p>The "Join the PC and Share Your Why" business card exchange opportunity is a creative way for Pampered Chef consultants to showcase their reasons for joining the company. It involves writing your reason(s) for joining on the back of your business card and exchanging it with other consultants to create a collection of inspiring recruiting material.</p><h2>2. How did this idea come about?</h2><p>The idea for the business card exchange opportunity came from a consultant who attended a Pampered Chef conference and noticed that many consultants had different reasons for joining the company. She wanted to create a way to showcase these reasons and inspire others to join.</p><h2>3. How can I participate in the business card exchange opportunity?</h2><p>To participate, simply email a request for the consultant's address and write your reason(s) for joining on the back of your business card. Pop it in the mail and your business card will be included in the consultant's recruiting notebook.</p><h2>4. Can I include multiple reasons on the back of my business card?</h2><p>Absolutely! You can include as many reasons as you'd like on the back of your business card. This is a great opportunity to showcase your personal journey with Pampered Chef and inspire others to join as well.</p><h2>5. How will my business card be used in the recruiting notebook?</h2><p>Your business card will be added to a collection of other consultants' cards from all over the country, each showcasing their unique reasons for joining Pampered Chef. This notebook will be used as recruiting material to inspire others to join the company and share their own reasons for joining.</p>

1. What is the "Join the PC and Share Your Why" business card exchange opportunity?

The "Join the PC and Share Your Why" business card exchange opportunity is a creative way for Pampered Chef consultants to showcase their reasons for joining the company. It involves writing your reason(s) for joining on the back of your business card and exchanging it with other consultants to create a collection of inspiring recruiting material.

2. How did this idea come about?

The idea for the business card exchange opportunity came from a consultant who attended a Pampered Chef conference and noticed that many consultants had different reasons for joining the company. She wanted to create a way to showcase these reasons and inspire others to join.

3. How can I participate in the business card exchange opportunity?

To participate, simply email a request for the consultant's address and write your reason(s) for joining on the back of your business card. Pop it in the mail and your business card will be included in the consultant's recruiting notebook.

4. Can I include multiple reasons on the back of my business card?

Absolutely! You can include as many reasons as you'd like on the back of your business card. This is a great opportunity to showcase your personal journey with Pampered Chef and inspire others to join as well.

5. How will my business card be used in the recruiting notebook?

Your business card will be added to a collection of other consultants' cards from all over the country, each showcasing their unique reasons for joining Pampered Chef. This notebook will be used as recruiting material to inspire others to join the company and share their own reasons for joining.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pckelly
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pckelly
  • jcsmilez
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • KellyTheChef