• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Potential Recruit Military Spouses Please Help

In summary, the military spouse should tell the potential recruit that this is a business that is not restricted to one area. The military spouse should also let the potential recruit know that this is a business that is always in demand, and that they can count on hosting shows with other military spouses.
jenniann
I have a potential recruit that is only here while her husband is in Iraq, I met her at a fair and she wanted info about the business but is now having 2nd thoughts b/c of her husbands occupation. I was hoping for some advice from those of you that have been there. Any help?

I would let her know that this is a business that is not restricted to one area. This is the type of thing that will move wherever she goes.

I have let her know that, thanks. :)

My hubby is in the Air Force:) if I can do it so can she. When it comes time to move I think HO has a thing you can fill out so that you can have time off with out being penalized (as long as its a move over so many miles)... someone correct me if i'm wrong but i'm pretty sure that's what I read:)

I'm a military spouse, and I love the business because I can take it with me where ever I go (or move). Yes, I'll be leaving a good customer base behind, but I just see that as an opportunity to recruit some consultants here before we move again. (So, I have someone on my team to give future bookings in the area, etc.) I'd also tell her that she will do very well selling PC on military installations, ESPECIALLY overseas ones. I haven't lived in the states since 2002, and I've been limited to shopping in a BX since that time. No Target, no WalMart, no KMart, no Williams-Sonoma, etc. We have very limited shopping on base (and living in Japan makes it harder to shop off base, since I never seem to know what I'm buying).

I guess one downside is when my husband will be deployed before too long. I'll be out a lot of $$$$ for sitters for all of my cooking shows.

Feel free to email me if you have any other questions, or if she asks any that you're not sure how to answer. ([email protected])

I started with PC before I married into the military life. We got married and moved overseas within about 3 months time. My business has actually skyrocketed since moving overseas!!! Weird, huh? Any piece of home is welcomed, so a PC show is perfect!! Just walk around the commissary (grocery store) or the bx with a PC shirt, tote, etc and someone is bound to talk to you about your biz!! It's a great way to meet new people in a new area.
There are lots of spouse organizations that would love to host shows pretty often. We tend to congregate together as Americans overseas, so why not get together for a PC show!! The group of spouses that I am involved with does something every month. Either a DS show, a potluck dinner, a movie night, and next month I am hosting a PC bunco!!! They have almost all scheduled shows with me at different times during my husband's upcoming deployment! They even offered to babysit if I need it for a show!

PC is one of the very few DS companies that allows military overseas to continue their businesses without tons of restrictions!!!

stephanieboyd said:
I started with PC before I married into the military life. We got married and moved overseas within about 3 months time. My business has actually skyrocketed since moving overseas!!! Weird, huh? Any piece of home is welcomed, so a PC show is perfect!! Just walk around the commissary (grocery store) or the bx with a PC shirt, tote, etc and someone is bound to talk to you about your biz!! It's a great way to meet new people in a new area.
There are lots of spouse organizations that would love to host shows pretty often. We tend to congregate together as Americans overseas, so why not get together for a PC show!! The group of spouses that I am involved with does something every month. Either a DS show, a potluck dinner, a movie night, and next month I am hosting a PC bunco!!! They have almost all scheduled shows with me at different times during my husband's upcoming deployment! They even offered to babysit if I need it for a show!

PC is one of the very few DS companies that allows military overseas to continue their businesses without tons of restrictions!!!

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I've been thinking about a PC bunco!! I'd love to know how it goes.

And, I totally agree with everything you said!!! Being overseas gives Pampered Chef consultants a boost, in my opinion!!

I'm a military spouse also, we are stationed in GA but I think its wonderful! YOu have the opportunity to meet so many people and with her hsuband being deployed .. it just allows more time for her to do shows. Make sure you point out that it will help keep her busy, you never want to be sitting around the house feeling all depressed, getting out and doing shows and interacting with different people will help her ALOT .. take it from me, half of my husbands last deployment was spent in depressionand the other half was spent having fun at parties for PC ... you can email me any questions, or have her email me if shw ould like! Tell her good luck

Me too...a military spouse that is!! I have moved twice since I began my business in Okinawa in 2003. I just recently moved again (into a smaller house, none the less) but still am in touch and providing service to my customer base that is now all over the world!

I honestly think that PC and Marine...oh I mean Military spouses are a perfect fit!( ;)!)

I'm a military spouse too. I just started my PC business about 4 months ago and just moved a month ago. Although I got off to a very slow start, I'm really focusing on my business while DH is in Korea for the next year. I love that I have something (besides the kids) to keep me busy. It's amazing how fast time goes by when you're getting ready for shows! :) Who knows, maybe I'm even recruit someone before we move again next year!

1. What is the purpose of recruiting military spouses?

The purpose of recruiting military spouses is to provide job opportunities and career support for those who are married to active duty military members. This can help alleviate financial stress and provide stability for military families.

2. How can military spouses benefit from joining the workforce?

Military spouses can benefit from joining the workforce by gaining financial independence, building their resumes and skill sets, and establishing a sense of community and purpose outside of the military lifestyle.

3. Are there any resources available for military spouses seeking employment?

Yes, there are many resources available for military spouses seeking employment. Some examples include military spouse employment programs offered by the Department of Defense and non-profit organizations, as well as job search websites specifically for military spouses.

4. Can military spouses balance a career with the demands of military life?

Yes, it is possible for military spouses to balance a career with the demands of military life. Many employers offer flexible work arrangements and support for military spouses, and the military community also offers resources for childcare and other forms of support.

5. Is there a specific type of job or industry that is best for military spouses?

There is no specific type of job or industry that is best for military spouses, as each individual's skills, interests, and experiences may vary. However, some industries such as healthcare, education, and government may have more opportunities for military spouse employment due to their portability and demand in areas with military bases.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kittychef
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
dkitten13
  • msmileyface
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
msmileyface
  • SusanBP0129