• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Any Vegan Consultants Out There?

In summary, Ellen has some suggestions for a potential vegan recruit who recently became a vegetarian. She recommends that the recruit either modify PC recipes to be vegan or try out some vegan-friendly appetizers and desserts. Additionally, she advises that the vegan recruit look for vegan-friendly party recipes.
Christ Follower
Gold Member
I have a potential recruit who recently became a Vegan. Any Vegan Consultants out there? Does PC conflict with this at all? Any advice on what I can share with her? TIA!

I'm not vegan but cook for friends that are all the time. PC does not conflict. However, she will have to either modify PC recipes to be vegan or sit down with her favorite recipes and a list of the consultant kit and figure out which tools will work best with those recipes.

I actaully do most of my PC cooking, lol, the few shows I thought I was going to have where my friends forgot to invite anyone, as vegan.

You might ask her for her 3 favorite appetizer, entre, and dessert recipes and see if you can "PC" them using only products in the new consultant kit to show her how easy it will be.

Thanks for the suggestion. She's only been a vegan for a week but swears she will never eat anything with a face again. I'm not sure if that means she wont cook anything for others though. We still have to talk some more. She went on a web-site what they do to animals when they kill them and was immediately converted. She wont eat any cheese or milk either. I know the PC recipes I love the most have these items in them. I guess there's a lot she can do with soy though.

Hi Ellen.
I am not vegan but I am vegetarian. I like to go with dessert, salad and appetizer recipes. However, that is even limited as a vegan. I would immediately think salad recipes and Good for You type approach to her parties. If she is creative, she can probably come up with some great ones. I use my deep covered baker to make about 10 yukon gold baked potatoes. I am at a loss at the moment as to what to put on them if she had a baked potato bar??? Desserts might work-- a vegan version of Mom's Apple Crisp- using a non dairy butter. I use my large bar pan to do about 6 different vegetables in the oven. Use the mandoline to slice and crinklle cut various vegetables-- mushrooms, tomatoes, bell peppers, onions, asparagus. Toss in olive oil and grill seasoning and roast in oven at about 375 degrees for about 40 min. Just watch until they are done and roasted. You can put these on the baked potato bar ==with a nondairy butter-Yummy! I'll keep thinking. Frankly, I have gained weight since I have been selling PC. I need to start on some of these ideas myself and appeal to those trying to get in shape--including me.

Last edited:
I am not a vegan or a vegetarian... however I know that you can modify some of the recipes. I know I have...... so why not modify them to suit the needs of a vegan or vegetarian too!!!

chefjwr said:
Hi Ellen.
I am not vegan but I am vegetarian. I like to go with dessert, salad and appetizer recipes. However, that is even limited as a vegan. I would immediately think salad recipes and Good for You type approach to her parties. If she is creative, she can probably come up with some great ones. I use my deep covered baker to make about 10 yukon gold baked potatoes. I am at a loss at the moment as to what to put on them if she had a baked potato bar??? Desserts might work-- a vegan version of Mom's Apple Crisp- using a non dairy butter. I use my large bar pan to do about 6 different vegetables in the oven. Use the mandoline to slice and crinklle cut various vegetables-- mushrooms, tomatoes, bell peppers, onions, asparagus. Toss in olive oil and grill seasoning and roast in oven at about 375 degrees for about 40 min. Just watch until they are done and roasted. You can put these on the baked potato bar ==with a nondairy butter-Yummy! I'll keep thinking. Frankly, I have gained weight since I have been selling PC. I need to start on some of these ideas myself and appeal to those trying to get in shape--including me.
First thing that came to my mind was a Vegan Chili....... I also have a recipe for Garden Style Stuffed Potatoes that would be good.......just use non-dairy "Dairy"....ETA: I guess I should add that I am in no way vegan or even vegetarian - but as a Personal Chef, I often had clients who were. Cooking creatively for a vegan can be a very difficult chore!

Attachments

• Garden Style Stuffed Potatoes.doc
    32.5 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:
There are lots of substitutes she can use:

Soy cheese, soy milk, rice milk, nut milk, even coconut milk for diary

For eggs she can use ground flax seeds

She will need to learn to read labels and learn all sorts of terms as many ingredient lists use "chemical names" instead of common ones. At least on the dairy front with the new allergy labeling she should be able to tell if a product has any dairy in it. She'll need to give specific instructions in restaurants when she eats out. I'd carry a card explaining that I do not eat any dairy, beef, or chicken products including eggs or milk that she can give to the waiter to give to the chef - have her join vistaprint and get free business cards with this information (she may even want to exaggerate that she is allergic to these foods to get them to take her seriously).

She should find a local nutritionist that specializes in vegan/vegetarian to make sure that she is eating a balanced diet and does not get sick from doing this.

I'm also going to recommend 2 cookbooks that I love and that I use to cook with when cooking vegan. Both are dairy free (except for ghee/clarified butter and its easy to substitute oil for). They only have a small number of meat recipes and many of those she can use soy or gluten/wheat protein meat substitutes (I actually do this a lot since I cook kosher):

• Complete Candida yeast Guidebook, 2nd addition, by Jeanne Marie Martin with
  • Zoltan P. Rona, MD. This can be gotten off of half.com pretty cheaply.
  • The Candida Albican's Yeast-Free Cookbook by Pat Connolly.

A few of my favorite websites for vegan recipes and sources are:

http://www.vrg.org/
http://vegweb.com/

And a couple sites that look interesting/helpful:
http://www.ivu.org/recipes/
http://www.vegan-food.net/

If you need more vegan recipes, I can email my aunt and uncle... they are vegans and they eat VERY well! Just let me know.

That would be great!!

Hi Everyone,

I am a new consultant and a high raw food vegan. I only eat ~ 10% cooked food. I have had 3 parties and 1 was an open house and I did not do any food demonstrations. My goal is to do 1 vegan cooked dish and 1 raw vegan dish at my shows. I have been extremely busy with travel and school. In September I want to plan recipes to use that will show case PC tools. I will share them at that time.

I became a PC consultant because I wanted high quality kitchen tools that my clients who want to follow a high raw food lifestyle could purchase from me.

My goal is to have 2 shows per month but the PC incentives may change that goal.

This sight has been VERY informative. Thanks to all!

How do I change the info under my name on the left hand side of the screen?

Last edited:
Darcia said:

Go to the top left hand side of the screen to where it says User CP. You can change info there like your signature, avatar etc.

Darcia said:
Hi Everyone,

I am a new consultant and a high raw food vegan. I only eat ~ 10% cooked food. I have had 3 parties and 1 was an open house and I did not do any food demonstrations. My goal is to do 1 vegan cooked dish and 1 raw vegan dish at my shows. I have been extremely busy with travel and school. In September I want to plan recipes to use that will show case PC tools. I will share them at that time.

I became a PC consultant because I wanted high quality kitchen tools that my clients who want to follow a high raw food lifestyle could purchase from me.

My goal is to have 2 shows per month but the PC incentives may change that goal.

This sight has been VERY informative. Thanks to all!

Darcia,

Welcome! I see from your signature line you are with Hallelujah Acres - When I was working as a personal chef, I used their website alot for info when cooking for my vegetarian/vegan clients. It was very informative and helpful, with good recipes. I had forgotten about that resource until I saw your sig. line!

Thanks Becky,

I have several resources. Just need to find recipes that are not labor intensive and which PC tools to use. I would like to have several options for my host to choose from. I know I will do a vegan chili in the fall in the covered baker.

This last 2 shoes I did a kale salad and veggie pizza with whole grain pizza bread and soy cheese.

Kale- Raisin Salad
1 pound of Lacinato (AKA Dinosaur) Kale
Shred 1 granny smith apple (use the krinkle cut on Mandoline and slice through krinkles at home would use my food processor slicing blade)
½ cup of walnuts (chopped with food chopper)
2 Tbs. of fresh lemon Juice (citrus press)
¼ to ½ cup of fresh squeezed orange juice (juicer)
½ cup of raisins

De-stem, finely shred and massage kale by hand for 5-10 minutes. Combine other ingredients.

ChefBeckyD said:
Darcia,

Welcome! I see from your signature line you are with Hallelujah Acres - When I was working as a personal chef, I used their website alot for info when cooking for my vegetarian/vegan clients. It was very informative and helpful, with good recipes. I had forgotten about that resource until I saw your sig. line!

What is a vegan consultant?

A vegan consultant is a Pampered Chef consultant who specializes in promoting and selling vegan-friendly products. They are knowledgeable about vegan diets and can help customers find suitable products for their lifestyle.

Do I have to be vegan to become a Pampered Chef consultant?

No, you do not have to be vegan to become a Pampered Chef consultant. However, having knowledge about vegan diets and products can help you better serve your customers and attract a wider range of clients.

What vegan products does Pampered Chef offer?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of vegan-friendly products, including kitchen tools, cookware, and cookbooks. Some popular vegan products include the Bamboo Fiber Mixing Bowls, the Nonstick Skillet, and the Vegan Cookbook.

Are vegan consultants available for virtual parties?

Yes, vegan consultants are available for virtual parties. With the rise of virtual events, Pampered Chef has made it easy for consultants to connect with customers online and showcase their vegan-friendly products.

Can I host a vegan-themed party with a Pampered Chef consultant?

Yes, Pampered Chef consultants can help you host a vegan-themed party. They can provide recipes, meal ideas, and product recommendations to make your party a success. They can also accommodate any dietary restrictions or preferences of your guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Linda Zamora
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • JennyJennJen
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • EymieFitz