• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Semi Lost Little Lamb-Sticky Recruiting ?

can work with other consultants.3. your starter kit will come around the same time as your first show.4. she will not be your only trainer or recruiter.5. anything else you would like to know?
Chocolatejunkie
Hey everyone,

I have some questions that I would LOVE if anyone could answer.

First let me tell you a quick (well not so quick, but I'll try to keep it as brief as possible) background story. I'm not a consultant yet. I had a friend try to recruit me several years ago, but it wasn't something I could do at that time in my life. She told me if I ever changed my mind to look her up.
Fast forward to now. Life has changed and I called my friend back telling her that I was interested. Turns out she's no longer selling. So I wasn't sure what to do then another friend knocked on my door (almost seconds after I got off the phone) and invited me to a Pampered Chef show.
So I thought the fates had converged and it was a sign from above. I told her that was great, I'd love to come.
Unfortunately the consultant at the show is an extremely poor saleswoman. She knew nothing about the products (she has been in PC for over a year, so she can't use newness as an excuse) And the only sales from the show were stuff that I bought. I wanted to book a show in September because I really want the stainless steel pan set at 60% off. And this consultant said no, no let's set up a show in August, I don't book that far in advance. So she set it up in August and I told her it was a tentative date and would most likely change as I REALLY want to get that pan set.
After the show I got a really nice letter from her. (My friend told her I was considering becoming a consultant) The letter stated all the wonderful reasons I should become a consultant and included the recruiting DVD. I called her back and told her I'd received her letter. The line went dead for half a minute and then she said she was busy and would call me back. So she called me back about an hour later and I was the one who had to guide her through setting up a time so she could tell me more about Pampered Chef. She picked the time and the date and asked me to show up at her house. Then tonight I get a call from her telling me that the time and date that SHE picked won't be good for her. When I asked for a reason why all she would tell me that she was busy and would need to reschedule. I told her I would need to check my schedule.

Anways
Question 1: Do you have to hold a show before you can be recruited?
Question 2: Does this person now have "dibs" on me and I can only be recruited through her or could I choose to go with someone else? I only ask that because so far she hasn't been very cooperative or helpful and I already have people saying they'll do shows for me, one is my sister in law who is moving in three weeks out of state and she said we'd have to do it before she moves.
Question 3: How long does it take for your starter kit to come?
Question 4: If I go with this person will she be the person training me and anyone I recruit?
Question 5: Anything else that would be helpful for me to know? :confused:

Thanks

Chocolatejunkie said:
Anways
Question 1: Do you have to hold a show before you can be recruited?
Question 2: Does this person now have "dibs" on me and I can only be recruited through her or could I choose to go with someone else? I only ask that because so far she hasn't been very cooperative or helpful and I already have people saying they'll do shows for me, one is my sister in law who is moving in three weeks out of state and she said we'd have to do it before she moves.
Question 3: How long does it take for your starter kit to come?
Question 4: If I go with this person will she be the person training me and anyone I recruit?
Question 5: Anything else that would be helpful for me to know? :confused:

Thanks
Welcome to Chef Success!

You were smart to find us here! We are a fun group of consultants who love to help each other!

Make an informed decision!

1. no- your first show can be hosted by you as a consultant if you wish.
2. if you don't want to work with her you can go with anyone you want. You can contact Pampered Chef and they will connect you with a director in your area or you can choose someone here or anyone you want in the country.
3. a couple of days -not more than a week
4. yes or her director
5. Read at the Pampered Chef website and here. Lots of great info or you can email me and I can send you a ton of info too.

Last edited:
Oh, my gosh!!! Where do you live?? I would be happy to sign you.

1. No, you don't have to hold a show before being recruited.
2. No, this person does not have dibs on you.
3. Once you order your starter kit it comes very quickly. I think I got mine within a week or so.
4. Yes, if you go with this person she will be your upline and will be training you.

PM me and I'll give you my phone number. We'll talk.

Your upline is a very, very important part of your business. You have to make sure that you have a strong foundation. It sounds like this woman can't be bothered. If she's that way about signing you she's not going to be there for you once you become a consultant. I would think twice before I even called her again.

Last edited:
I can't add anything to the answers of Beth & Dawn......but just wanted to chime in and say that from your description of your conversations with her, it sounds like she would not be helpful as a recruiter.

You do not have to sign under her ~ it is YOUR choice! Make sure you choose someone who you know would train you well, and be available to answer questions and offer support. If your heart and head are already telling you you wouldn't want to work with her - than find someone else!;)

If you decide to look here I would suggest that you click on any one of our names and check out some of our posts. There are a lot of very helpful consultants here who give great information. We are not allowed to "self-promote" but you are free to check us out and go from there.

I can't add anything that hasn't already been said; just to add that it is important to be comfortable with who you sign with. It helps you to be successful I think.
You found a great resource here in this website, & I'm sure any of us would be happy to help you get started, or you can contact the home office, and they can direct you to someone else closeby to where you live.
Good luck, PC is the best:)

Welcome to Chef Success!
Congratulations also on your decision to join Pampered Chef. You never know what is going on in someone's life, but it is definately a blessing when you have a supportive recruiter/director. It is a shame that this person didn't feel that she should share her need to reschedule because now there is a question about her reliability. You have a choice in who to sign up with and you should choose someone that you feel that you can work with and that will guide you.
Good luck - Annette

Ok I am going to chime in with my .02$

You have been given great advice. No you do not have to sign with this woman. I would go thru home office and have them put you in touch with a director near you. Now before you sign under this Dir. You need to do a few things. Actually meet with them and get a feel for how they work their business. Go to one of their cluster meetings. And even go to one of their shows. If you go thru that and do not click with them but there is someone on this site whom you do. Then by all means go that route. Even if you sign with someone far away there are hospitality groups (directors who welcome "orphan" consultants to their meetings) I go to Hospitality and it has saved my business!

Ok off my soapbox....

for now anyway :rolleyes:

WOW! You've got a plan, and are already working your business (potential hosts lined up)! ;) That is awesome!

I would NOT sign with the consultant at your friends show! If she is too busy to talk to you now, she will be too busy when you need help after you have been signed for several months and the "newness" has worn off. You are going to need support and encouragement from your recruiter, not excuses. You are wise and very fortunate to have found this site prior to signing, as it has been wonderful training for so many of us!
Maybe you could contact your friend who used to be a consultant and ask her a little more info on how the "downlines & uplines" work, and what she would've done differently.
Good luck to you AND congratulations on starting your new biz, you are going to LOVE IT!:D :D

etteluap70PC said:

You have been given great advice. No you do not have to sign with this woman. I would go thru home office and have them put you in touch with a director near you. Now before you sign under this Dir. You need to do a few things. Actually meet with them and get a feel for how they work their business. Go to one of their cluster meetings. And even go to one of their shows. If you go thru that and do not click with them but there is someone on this site whom you do. Then by all means go that route. Even if you sign with someone far away there are hospitality groups (directors who welcome "orphan" consultants to their meetings) I go to Hospitality and it has saved my business!

Ok off my soapbox....

for now anyway :rolleyes:

Excellent advice Paulette! I think that would be the best thing to do......INTERVIEW your potential director!

It's even iffy to call HO. I wonder if you can ask for more than one director to call you. You should interview them just as much as they interview you. Just because HO refers someone doesn't necessarily mean she/he will be a good director. Try to go to the August meeting the director holds before you sign under someone. There are so many good consultants and directors. You want to make sure you get one of those!

Just a quick note... You'll LOVE Pampered Chef! I just signed on a tad over three months ago, and this is the first time I can say that I really love my job!! My only regret is that I didn't do it earlier. =)

One of my regrets is signing under someone who doesn't seem to care that I'm her recruit!

ChefBeckyD said:
Excellent advice Paulette! I think that would be the best thing to do......INTERVIEW your potential director!

Well I speak with experience and a similar situation...

Very new cons did a show for me 5 years ago (I was her 3rd show) at mine and the 3 other shows she did with my friends I asked questions about the buis. All my friends said I should do it. She never persued me and barely knew anything about the products. I had been a PC fan for 4 years by then and was obsessed about the products. I decided I wanted to find someone else to sign under. I went thru HO. It has been up and down with my own line of consultants. After actually spending time with them at conf this year I feel we have a much better relationship and enjoyed them very much. I still LOVe my Hospitality group. I now drive and hr to still go to those meetings even though I know of a Director an hr away.

told ya the soap box thig was not gonna last!!! LOL!

So I say to Chocolatejunkie (love that BTW) Do what makes you the most comfortable!

I agree with the advice given here!

When I decided to sell PC, I pretty much approached my recruiter and said "I want to sign up!" I didn't have the FIRST CLUE about who I would be signing under. (to make a long story short, my recruiter was actually quitting the business for personal reasons when I signed under her...once she "quit" my new upline is actually my Director) Anyhow, only by the grace of God did I end up under a SUPER DIRECTOR!!!!!

But, you have the opportunity to know about all of this BEFORE you sign! Use this info to your advantage. Know the Director you will be under. Talk to some of their team members and ask for their honest opinion about how supportive/helpful that Director will be for you.

If you call HO, you are NOT obligated to sign under whoever they have call you. Also, as pointed out here, you can sign under ANYONE, ANYWHERE...and then attend meetings close to your home through "hospitality."

I pray that you are led in the right direction and that you have a booming business!

And let me say that I have been hosting parties and LOVING PC products for about ten years - so I thought I knew quite a bit! Turns out - when it came down to it being ME doing the parties I didn't know so much! I call my recruiter at least twice every three days with a question! She is GREAT about it. I can't imagine NOT having someone who is willing to help like that! Also, even though I have loads of products I still swing by her house to borrow something to showcase at my shows. You REALLY need to find someone who will help you out - willingly.

Good luck!!
You will love it!!!

Oh, and since I am still considered new - please PM me to ask about all of the GREAT documents I have downloaded and saved from this site! This place is a wealth of info!!!!

If you haven't already found it: Look near the top of the page and you will see a menu bar with "files" and "recipes" listed as 2 of the options. There are a TON of flyers, etc. on those links - it's mind boggling but very helpful!!

Have fun! And don't let us overwhelm you!!

Call your friend and talk to her also. Who was her upline, what did she like about them, why did she get out of the business, would she recommend her upline to you to sign under?

Lots of questions she might be able to give you some insight on.

--Jenny L

I can only say Ditto to what others have said. I signed under somone who became a friend but I felt I learned almost everything through my own effort. I agree to meet with the person home office refers or if you feel you have made a friendship with someone else out here in the world now that you have many contacts, sign with someone you aren't starting out with reservations.

You definitely would like to have someone that will be there to support you and provide information to you. Someone who can train and show you where you can train yourself. Many people train in different ways and you will have access to many ways including sites like this one that will offer you help.

It seems to me that you are already apprehensive of since she seemed not overly excited to talk with you. That being said we don't know what was going on from her side. Did she receive your call and almost collapse because someone actually called her back? Did she have dinner on the stove and she needed to turn it off. She may have been at a loss for words since you called her. I have to say it is not my experience to have someone call me back in this busy world.

As far as not wanting to book a show in September, she is controlling her calendar which I know I could work on. I personally, would be happy to take bookings in September and August but would first try for September. If you knew about the September special and you specifically told her that you wanted to book then I would give you two options so you could still get the host bonus for September.

Did you know you could sign up now, start selling and still get the 60% off host bonus in September? The key is that you need get someone to either book off of your August show or you book again. Hold your show in August, sign up, have a friend book for September, and you get the host same host credits.

Just my 2 cents

chef_kimmo said:
I can only say Ditto to what others have said. I signed under somone who became a friend but I felt I learned almost everything through my own effort. I agree to meet with the person home office refers or if you feel you have made a friendship with someone else out here in the world now that you have many contacts, sign with someone you aren't starting out with reservations.

You definitely would like to have someone that will be there to support you and provide information to you. Someone who can train and show you where you can train yourself. Many people train in different ways and you will have access to many ways including sites like this one that will offer you help.

It seems to me that you are already apprehensive of since she seemed not overly excited to talk with you. That being said we don't know what was going on from her side. Did she receive your call and almost collapse because someone actually called her back? Did she have dinner on the stove and she needed to turn it off. She may have been at a loss for words since you called her. I have to say it is not my experience to have someone call me back in this busy world.

As far as not wanting to book a show in September, she is controlling her calendar which I know I could work on. I personally, would be happy to take bookings in September and August but would first try for September. If you knew about the September special and you specifically told her that you wanted to book then I would give you two options so you could still get the host bonus for September.

Did you know you could sign up now, start selling and still get the 60% off host bonus in September? The key is that you need get someone to either book off of your August show or you book again. Hold your show in August, sign up, have a friend book for September, and you get the host same host credits.

Just my 2 cents

Actually - I believe that is incorrect - as a consultant, you are not eligible for the Past Host benefits.......

chef_kimmo said:
Did you know you could sign up now, start selling and still get the 60% off host bonus in September?
AND, as a consultant all cookware sales between August 1 and November 30 count toward our Pan-o-rama - earn it (the cookware) FREE!!

ChefBeckyD said:
Actually - I believe that is incorrect - as a consultant, you are not eligible for the Past Host benefits.......
I "have heard" that new consultants can take advantage of past host benefits from shows that were booked before they signed.

I will send an email to PC and get an official answer from them in writing and post it.

So many people have responded so far!!

ChocolateJunkie~ You MUST keep us updated on what you decide to do!!

ChefBeckyD said:
Yes, that is right....once you sign as a consultant you don't get the booking bonus. BUT, as others may have said, YOU can host your own show in September and act as the host and get the 60% off special. Heck, host TWO different shows and get TWO at 60% off...or two sets!:)

Good luck to you! Everyone's advice is great here. :D I don't have much more to add. It sounds like you would LOVE this job! You obviously are a go-getter and you like the products. It's a perfect combination. If you do sign with someone who isn't close to you and/or is out of state, your director can find you a Hospitality Director. I have a few consultants who have Hospitality Directors and it really ends up like you're getting two Directors for the price of one! I love how Pampered Chef has this set up because we're really all part of the same big family.:D I hope you join us soon. If you know you want to do it, I'd do it sooner rather than later and get in on this awesome Pan-O-Rama promotion we have for consultants. Then you can get even more cookware for free!! Feel free to ask more questions. As you can tell, we all love to try to help.:)

Good luck with finding a good person to sign with. Everyone has already said it well, but it is important to find someone that really cares about you achieving your goals for the business - not theirs. This other lady seems more concerned about getting an August booking that worrying about the fact that you specifically said you wanted the cookware in September. If she doesn't even listen to you and respect your wishes as a customer/potential host - how is she going to treat you as a member of her team?!

And the other Cheffers are right - you can sign with anyone from anywhere and still get support. Both from your recruiter and local hospitality. I am excited because I live in the suburbs of Chicago, but recently met a lady from Texas that loves PC. I talked to her and she's planning on signing up with me - the local consultant she had ordered from never asked her if it was something she wanted to do... I am looking forward to helping her start with phone calls, email etc. and setting her up with a good hospitality cluster close to home.

So whatever you choose to do, pick someone you like and go for it! You already sound like you are ready to go and you could have your sister's show within two weeks - no problem...

Been with PC for almost two years and love it more as time goes on! Best of luck to you!

Ahhh....The wealth of informationThanks so much to everyone for replying and I'll keep you posted on what happens. I'll admit my gut instinct is to not go with this person, but she is the sister in law of my best friend so that makes things a little difficult for me.

**grumbles and mumbles to self** Why didn't I keep my big mouth shut and check online first like I was planning to do??? :rolleyes:

Peer pressure sucks, unless of course if its working in your favor.

Although I won't cave and sign up with her just to do it, only if I felt it is right after a lot of pondering. My hubby says that I should give her the benefit of the doubt. He's coming from the point of maybe you are there to teach her and help her, not the other way around. I have been in direct sales before so I know how to sell, I just was never good at the recruiting aspect (emphasis was on having a large stock of inventory and most directors pushed it to the detriment of their downline and they were constantly having to go out and get new people because their people quit)
She called back again and is pushing to set up an appointment, as a draw, there is an offer to be entered into a drawing for $100 worth of stuff put on by her director.
So I think what I'll do is meet up with her, go to a cluster meeting and see if I like her director at all. If I like her director I just might sign up under her, because then I'd have the director's support, right? Also if this person quits her PC business (which I think might be highly likely) Then I'd be under her director.
And if that doesn't work out then I'll go from there.

*****NOTE: That does not mean to bombard me with offers to recruit me. I do appreciate the offers, but if I decide to go with someone from this site I already have them picked out as I read her postings and enjoyed them and she seems like a good person to work with.*****

So a few more questions

How good is the online sales training? Is it something that I could pretty much teach myself without outside support and still do a whiz bang business?

With the host half price combinations on the last page of the catalog. Will the 50% off for the forged cutlery collection still be available in September or will that be changing with the new catalog? (My mother in law agreed to have a show for me and we are shooting to earn that for as she wants a nice new knife set and she was only going to buy two knives when I said "How much were you planning to spend?
She wanted the Chef and Utility knife, so that's over a hundred right there.
How'd you like to get the whole set for under $136? All we have to do is have $300 in sales at your show and that's easy to get.
So she is excited and can't wait. She wants to do the show in September as that is when she'll have money available. But I figured we could do the show at the very end of August if necessary and then I could collect the money (she gets paid the first of September) and she could still earn the knives.

For those of you who have hospitality directors, do you enjoy it and are they helpful or can it be more difficult for you?

Thanks so much for your help everyone I appreciate it

It sounds like you've thought things through and have made a good decision.

Yes, the forged cutlery is a half-price combo in the fall, with the addition of 2 new pieces. So your mom can actually get a 7-piece set for 172.00

First I have to apologize, I thought that new consultants received the host bonus gifts but as was pointed out you can have a show of your own to get the host special. Many people have their own kick off shows, which that could be one of yours OR you can host a show that is like an Open House to show the new products.

I have done a couple of the online classes and have enjoyed them. I do not find most computer things hard and for me these were very EASY to do. In fact, they are basically watching vidoes and answering questions.

As far as hosptality, I have had some very good experiences and a couple not so good. It is more in the lack of them helping but I knew I was going to be what I made myself and not so much from what some person I barely knew before I started PC would provide me.

You have tons of information here as well as fellow consultants. You will make friends in your area and that is the beauty of our business is we don't keep things from you like you are a competitor.

Don't let all of our responses be too much for you. I again ditto what was said above that the files are excellent source to get yourself started. Plan out your first shows so you can earn as much in the Pampered Chef dollars before you sign up for your kit.

Good luck

I just had to add that I love your screen name, lol:D

Chocolatejunkie said:
*****NOTE: That does not mean to bombard me with offers to recruit me. I do appreciate the offers, but if I decide to go with someone from this site I already have them picked out as I read her postings and enjoyed them and she seems like a good person to work with.*****

LOL!!!

Thanks for the update...let us know how everything turns out!!

Chocolatejunkie said:
How good is the online sales training? Is it something that I could pretty much teach myself without outside support and still do a whiz bang business? Yes online training is good. I personaly would utilize it more but I have dial up and it does not work so good. There are many on this site who have no support from their upline and are not in hospitality groups that I belive have great businesses because of the training and support from this site.

For those of you who have hospitality directors, do you enjoy it and are they helpful or can it be more difficult for you? I have been in a hospitality group for 4 years. My then recruiter and I went with the 2nd or 3rd person that was recomended to us (we were lucky enough to be in a big city with lots of options for directors) I have had an EXCELLENT experience. Not all directors are big on hospitality though. It's kinda like finding that right person to sign under. Also the hosp. dir. and your dir. need to comunicate to get you stats and decide on recognition. From My experience though I would rather have signed under someone local and comitted to their business because (and this is a small reason) when it comes to national conference there are 3 "waves" you are assigned buy your ececutive director and you may be going at different times than your hospitality group.
I can explain this all in more detail later if you are interested. I feel I have babbled enough for now! LOL
Good luck with your decision!

Chocolatejunkie said:
So I think what I'll do is meet up with her, go to a cluster meeting and see if I like her director at all. If I like her director I just might sign up under her, because then I'd have the director's support, right? Also if this person quits her PC business (which I think might be highly likely) Then I'd be under her director.

I signed up under a friend who was, at best, a hobbiest - so most of my training, right from the very beginning, came from our director. My friend quit selling a few months after I signed up - and now I am direct first line to an awesome director! My feeling is that no matter how great a long distance director/recruiter may be - it's always better to have someone close.

How good is the online sales training? Is it something that I could pretty much teach myself without outside support and still do a whiz bang business?

With the host half price combinations on the last page of the catalog. Will the 50% off for the forged cutlery collection still be available in September or will that be changing with the new catalog? (My mother in law agreed to have a show for me and we are shooting to earn that for as she wants a nice new knife set and she was only going to buy two knives when I said "How much were you planning to spend?
How'd you like to get the whole set for under $136? All we have to do is have $300 in sales at your show and that's easy to get.
So she is excited and can't wait. She wants to do the show in September as that is when she'll have money available. But I figured we could do the show at the very end of August if necessary and then I could collect the money (she gets paid the first of September) and she could still earn the knives.

Yes - it is still one of the host 1/2 price bundles in September - but the price in Sept. will be $172 - with the addition of 2 new knives. If she has her show at the end of August, she could get 2 knives for 60% off, plus unlimited knives at the 20% off sale price PLUS her host discount - so you could probably do a little math and figure out which is the better deal for her. Also - if she had an August show, she could possibly get a Sept. Booking, and get cookware for 60% off too!

For those of you who have hospitality directors, do you enjoy it and are they helpful or can it be more difficult for you?

Here's an answer or two for you!

DITTO on finding a person to sign with who is a willing participant in helping you to achieve success! That said, that person does NOT have to be a seasoned consultant....but someone who shares a vision for their future and is willing to grow their biz and help you do the same. It sounds like the gal you are dealing with is not meeting that criteria...I'd run screaming from the room actually!

It is really perceptive of you to recognize now that this person may not be able to provide the assistance you will want. Many of us signed up with whomever was doing the show when we had a lightbulb moment about starting our biz....and we didn't think about the training/support/upline issues until the dotted line was signed.

Note that once you sign with a person, you pretty well have to stay assigned to that person unless they stop selling. (I believe you can re-sign with someone else only after a full year of inactivity....)

Good luck!

Chocolatejunkie said:

CJ :)

Hospitality Directors are hit and miss...but you are free to change if the chemistry isn't working (unlike your Director).

I am blessed with an amazing HD...she has provided me with incredible support since I first joined PC nine months ago (my upline are all in the states...multiple timezones away). I was intent on doing this business 'full-time' from the beginning, and she readily invested a lot of hours to help me get off to a strong start. I've since realized that not all HDs are willing to do this (some directors don't accept hospitality consultants at all; some others won't accept them unless they are already qualified). They don't earn any overrides on you, but usually receive reimbursement from your actual director for any recognition 'give-aways' you receive at cluster meetings.

Truly good HDs (IMHO) will accept you into their teams without distinguishing between you and 'their' consultants. A team is a team and the acceptance should be mutual. My HD includes my stats in her recognition rankings, and I cheer in kind when my (awesome) 'cluster-mates' are recognized. More importantly, we readily assist eachother and share ideas for everyone to be successful. If your HD is willing to invest in you, be willing to invest back into her and her team. (That's my philosphy anyway.)

Leggy
(I also have a very helpful and supportive director....so maybe I should sign this 'Lucky Leggy' :p )

Chocolatejunkie said:
Thanks so much to everyone for replying and I'll keep you posted on what happens. I'll admit my gut instinct is to not go with this person, but she is the sister in law of my best friend so that makes things a little difficult for me.

**grumbles and mumbles to self** Why didn't I keep my big mouth shut and check online first like I was planning to do??? :rolleyes:

Peer pressure sucks, unless of course if its working in your favor.

Although I won't cave and sign up with her just to do it, only if I felt it is right after a lot of pondering. My hubby says that I should give her the benefit of the doubt. He's coming from the point of maybe you are there to teach her and help her, not the other way around. I have been in direct sales before so I know how to sell, I just was never good at the recruiting aspect (emphasis was on having a large stock of inventory and most directors pushed it to the detriment of their downline and they were constantly having to go out and get new people because their people quit)
She called back again and is pushing to set up an appointment, as a draw, there is an offer to be entered into a drawing for $100 worth of stuff put on by her director.

So a few more questions

You have to do what is right in your heart and we will be here for you no matter what you decide!

You have already gotten great answers to your questions and here are my 2 cents worth.

On line training is a really great way to get valuable info whenever you have quiet time (even 3am). It is a great start for new consultants and a great review for us seasoned ones! Many of us have had hands off directors/recruiters and have done VERY well with just what PC offers and provides!

I think the knives question was answered. ALL 7 are included as a half price selection in the fall (reg $344 for $172!). If you can do August though she can get the 2 new knives (petite paring and boning knives) for 60% off and the other 5 at half price. You CAN submit an August show in Sept so it's all good! (To submit an August show you need to do your agreement in August.)

I do not have a hospitality director but several of those on my team live in TX and do have one. She is awesome - treats them as though they were her recruits - they get benefit of both my and her training techniques. I have been hospitality consultant for several consultants too and I only hope that they have felt the same about me (they and their directors say so but they might be just being kind.:eek: :p

Ask away! Good luck to you!

BethCooks4U said:
I "have heard" that new consultants can take advantage of past host benefits from shows that were booked before they signed.

I will send an email to PC and get an official answer from them in writing and post it.
Here is the response from PC. This is what I had always believed but changes do happen. "Hearing" that something is okay does not make it FACT and this is a prime example of that.

Response to email I sent requesting clarification:

Dear Beth,

Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef. If the original Hostess became a Consultant she is not eligible to use the booking Benefit at the show booked from hers. Please advise if we can be of further assistance.

Elizabeth Widmaier
Solution Center Representative
The Pampered Chef, Ltd.

BethCooks4U said:
Here is the response from PC. This is what I had always believed but changes do happen. "Hearing" that something is okay does not make it FACT and this is a prime example of that.

Response to email I sent requesting clarification:

Dear Beth,

Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef. If the original Hostess became a Consultant she is not eligible to use the booking Benefit at the show booked from hers. Please advise if we can be of further assistance.

Elizabeth Widmaier
Solution Center Representative
The Pampered Chef, Ltd.

Thanks for checking Beth - I was pretty sure that was correct.......that's what it says in the Consultant Guide.;)

I agree that this consultant might be lacking what is required in a good upline. One caution, though, about going through Head Office. Depending on how many directors / future directors are in your area, you might just get someone who is close -- not neccessarily the person who is your best fit.
In my area, all HO calls go to my director. I haven't heard from her since April. She does few cluster meetings. She has yet to talk to my frist recruit (who signed in March and who earns my director $$).
If you can find someone on Cherf Success who seems like a good fit, I'd go with that, rather than take a referral to a stranger from H.O.
That's my .02$

Nothing really more to add since everyone has done a great job - sounds you are fired up and have done your homework too! Good Luck (and love the name!!!)....

Best of luck in your decision!

etteluap70PC said:

Ok off my soapbox....

Jumping up on the unattended soap box...for now anyway :rolleyes:

Your director is sooooooo important in your success. Sure you can succeed on your own, but it's so much eaiser if you have a supportive director. You want someone who will be available to answer your questions and help quide you. I also think close proximity is very important, too. My director is about 20 min away from me and it makes it so easy to get to meetings, borrow stuff, and get supplies for booths and such. And personality, teaching and coaching styles are important, too.

Contact HO, ask for several directors in your area and interview them! I got lucky, but you can make your own luck with signing with a director.

If you are in Michigan, my director, Maureen, ROCKS! As I sit her, she is home embroidering my future director apron!!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cochef
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
cochef
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
ChefGwendolyn
  • cochef