• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Follow Up with the Hotel Guest Interested in My Business Opportunity?

In summary, the person got a contact from a previous customer and tried to get the customer's interest but the customer never responded. The person is trying to follow up with the customer to see if he is still interested.
chef_kimmo
Gold Member
I got to our meeting last night early which is held at a hotel. I was sitting in the meeting area (where you usually get your continental breakfast) and this gentleman came in and started talking to me. He kept asking questions. He initially said he was given a catalog one other time he stayed at the hotel but kept asking questions so I pulled out one of my catalogs and handed it to him and said I am not sure when you got your last catalog but we get new ones every 6 months. It took several tries but I got his contact information but I did it.

I can't explain the impression he gave me because many of his questions were about getting into the business but it just left me with the feeling he would buy the kit and leave. I am working to build to get to director and am hesitant to just sign people just because.

I am thinking tonight I will try calling him (not sure if the number was home or cell) but I was thinking I should follow up with a call to see what he would like from the business. Maybe I should try to call the hotel to see if he is still there and arrange to meet him if he will be around for another day or so? He lives 300 miles north of here near Dallas. I would be happy to got here and meet with him but anything here would be better for me. Maybe I should see if he would like to do a show with his wife and learn more about the business. He didn't seem get the concept.

I want to give him the Your Life Your Way DVD and the new recruiting information.

Well, it seems I am babbling but I am looking for input. I have several other people, not just men, who have expressed interest and would love to show them how wonderful this opportunity is and get their businesses up and running.

Many advanced directors do intereveiws over the phone when people are too far away. I would get him the DVD and brochure to compliment the catalog and then see his interest a few days later. There is no reason to drive all the way to North Texas when you are not sure of his interest level. Then if he is interested you find him a hospitality director in the Dallas area.

I wouldn't worry too much about him buying the kit and running. As you said, I WOULD ask him what he wants from the business b/c you want to give him as much or little help and guidance as he'd like. It doesn't hurt you to have him not do anything, except for any thought and effort you put into it. There have been several consultants that don't really intend to do anything and end up in the business for years so you never know. I had someone join and play hide and seek instead of just running. She claimed to do a couple of shows and send them in by mail, but didn't get anything. PC never received them and it sounds like she sent the guest checks. I'm fairly sure I would have been hearing from people if that were true. She tried to sound like she was doing it. I just wish she would have said (even after buying it), I'm just not interested right now after all. Instead, I put too much thought into her (even a little still). Hmm...this wasn't about me though.Great job getting a contact! Who knows, maybe he'll sign and be one of your best!! Good luck with it. I agree, don't go to see him unless he's REALLY interested and DOING something. Send the dvd & talk over the phone.

One way to be sure they aren't going to just get the kit and run (although we all know there is NO guarantee!) is to get his first 4 shows dated with host's names. If someone is just going to take the kit, they won't bother with that part.

Thank you all. Tonight, I am going to see if I can catch him at the hotel since I didn't find out when he was leaving. I am working hard to follow up with people and will do as you all suggest.

1. What is Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef is a direct sales company that offers high-quality kitchen tools, cookware, and pantry products. We provide a unique and interactive shopping experience through in-home parties, online ordering, and virtual cooking classes.

2. How do I become a Pampered Chef consultant?

To become a Pampered Chef consultant, you can sign up on our website or through a current consultant. You will need to purchase a starter kit, which includes all the tools and resources you need to get started. There is also a small fee for your personalized website and back office support.

3. How much can I earn as a Pampered Chef consultant?

Your earnings as a Pampered Chef consultant will depend on your individual efforts and sales. You can earn up to 25-31% commission on your personal sales, as well as additional bonuses and incentives for building a team and reaching sales goals.

4. What kind of training and support does Pampered Chef offer?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of training and support for our consultants. This includes online training resources, virtual and in-person events, and a community of fellow consultants who are always willing to help and offer advice. We also have a dedicated support team to assist with any questions or concerns.

5. Can I sell Pampered Chef products outside of the US and Canada?

At this time, Pampered Chef only operates in the US and Canada. However, we are continuously expanding and looking for opportunities to bring our products and business opportunity to other countries. Stay tuned for updates on international expansion.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Humble Beginnings
  • pcsharon1
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • Malinda Klein