• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recruiting Challenges as a Pampered Chef Consultant: Seeking Advice

In summary, the conversation discusses the challenges of recruiting for a business opportunity. The speaker has had success with sales and bookings, but has not been able to recruit anyone. They ask for advice and mention they may have been trying too hard and scaring potential recruits away. Another member shares their own experience and suggests changing their attitude. They also mention a program called Step Up to Director, which involves training and working closely with an upline for promotion. Another member mentions a similar program called HIP team.
Dawn4
Gold Member
I have been a PC consultant for a year now. I've been very pleased with the way things are working out as far as sales and bookings, but I can't seem to recruit anyone. I've have about six people interested, but for one reason or another they don't sign. My goal for this year was to recruit at least one person, but so far it hasn't happened. Does anyone have any advice or words of wisdom??? I think at this point I may be trying a little too hard and scaring them away.

Last edited:
Have you gave them the " Your Life Your Way Video"? have you given them any brochures on the opportunity or set up and interview with them to see what their plan is to do with the business??

Yeah, I think I scared 'em away too! :) I am now taking the Step Up to Director class with my director, and it has helped a lot. Has made me more aware of the way to ask at shows, and how to not regurgitate on them :rolleyes: At checkout I ask everyone "Have you thought about this business?" I then stop talking and listen to what they say. Sometimes it is a flat out no, others a Well, I have thought about it. Those are easy. It is the the "no, but..." that I am learning to answer.

I recruited NO ONE in my first 2 years...I didn't want it. Since the class, I have signed 2 and have another interested from tonight's show. Also one from Sat show last week.

I also believe part of it is my attitude (and this applies to my bookings as well). I wanted it TOO bad before, and it looked and sounded desperate. Now, I go in with an attitude of "you would be crazy not to take advantage of this hosting/business!" Seems to be working.

Robin

You could see if your director can help give you words or talk with them for you or on a 3 way call or meeting. You could also sit in on an interview that she does with someone. I do have to say though, every one is different and it all depends on what is going on in the prospect's life.

The step up program will help you a lot too.

BethCooks4U said:
You could see if your director can help give you words or talk with them for you or on a 3 way call or meeting. You could also sit in on an interview that she does with someone. I do have to say though, every one is different and it all depends on what is going on in the prospect's life.

The step up program will help you a lot too.

Okay so can someone tell me the difference between the Stepping up program and the HIP team??

They are very similar. HIP is newer. The biggest difference is that your upline works closer with you (the person trying to promote). It (HIP) is also set up to work at all levels of leadership - more intense, higher level training.

BethCooks4U said:
They are very similar. HIP is newer. The biggest difference is that your upline works closer with you (the person trying to promote). It (HIP) is also set up to work at all levels of leadership - more intense, higher level training.

I was on HIP team..... but I havent' heard of the stepping up to director program .....

1. What are some common recruiting challenges faced by Pampered Chef consultants?

Some common recruiting challenges include finding and retaining motivated team members, competing with other direct sales companies, and overcoming negative stereotypes about the industry.

2. How can I attract potential recruits to join my Pampered Chef team?

One way to attract potential recruits is by networking and building relationships with people who are already interested in cooking and kitchen products. You can also showcase the benefits and opportunities of being a Pampered Chef consultant, such as flexible hours and the potential for earning extra income.

3. What strategies can I use to overcome objections from potential recruits?

When faced with objections, it's important to listen to the concerns and address them with specific examples and success stories. You can also offer incentives, such as free products or discounts, to encourage potential recruits to give Pampered Chef a chance.

4. What are some effective ways to train and support new team members?

Providing a comprehensive training program, including product knowledge and sales techniques, can help new team members feel confident and motivated. It's also important to offer ongoing support through regular check-ins, team meetings, and resources such as online training materials.

5. How can I overcome the challenge of recruiting in a saturated market?

In a saturated market, it's important to differentiate yourself and your business by highlighting your unique selling points, such as your personal story or your passion for the products. You can also focus on building a strong personal brand and leveraging social media to reach a wider audience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Laura4
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
Replies
Views
esavvymom